Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson p9000 Curl media Banding?  (Read 1400 times)

loomitz

Epson p9000 Curl media Banding?
« on: February 23, 2017, 04:12:57 am »

hi, guys im starting to love this forum this week a guy whos nick is datro, help me to change the wiper blade and all works greate.

Today, printing some black and white images, when arriving at the end of the roll (3mts) a strong banding began to appear, i made a nozzle check and everything looked good, Before going crazy try to change the roll, and the problem was solved.

Seems to be that the last part of the roll is more curved and that causes the banding, i try to increase the suction but it did not work (any suggestions?)

Finally one more doubt is recommended to do a cleaning after changing from matte black to photo black, because the last time i change my first pring get some mate ink banding, after a cleaning this was solve.

Thanks for the attention sorry for my bad english

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
Re: Epson p9000 Curl media Banding?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 03:25:21 pm »

What paper are you using?  I have seen this myself on the leading part of a print of some stiff papers when you get near the end of the roll.  The papers I have seen it on are:  Hahnemuhle Baryta FB 350gsm and the other is Canson Infinity Baryta Photographique.  At the early part of the roll and through to the latter part no problems until the last couple meters.

loomitz

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 01:08:01 am »

to me happen with a 300g/s luster, that comes on a 2" core, i think this makes the end even more curly, i have a baryta fb but is my first roll and  have many mts.

did you think the humidity of the room contribute to this problem, i live in a dry city the room is at 20%, i try to keep the printer hast 35% or 40% but the room still at 20%. Tomorrow i will go to buy some Areca Palms my girldfriend toll me that is a greate plant to level up the humidity.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 06:50:56 pm »

the p9000 has a setting called "roll paper back tension", which keeps more tension on the roll as it goes into the machine. I've found I get better success with thick curly papers if I set this to high. No clue if it will help your particular problem, my issue was with head strikes as I got near the end of the roll, as it seemed the vacuum couldn't over power the strong curl in the paper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up