Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving the PRO-2000 - review finale... ink draining  (Read 1646 times)

keithcooper

• Northlight Images
Moving the PRO-2000 - review finale... ink draining
« on: February 22, 2017, 03:56:19 am »

After all the testing I did with the PRO-2000, I thought I should finish the missing part of my review - getting it out of the house

It needed to be tipped up, so time for option #3 the 'full drain' shipping setup... 'Transport outdoors'

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/moving-canon-pro-2000-printer/

Ready to go with just under 1.5 litres of ink into maintenance carts.

Canon UK tell me that when they move printers to shows and exhibitions they only use step 1 in the transportation options, which is good enough for careful transport in the back of vans (it locks the heads for transport) Just don't tilt more than 10-15 degrees.

Option #2 seemingly uses  'a bit' of ink, but I've no details yet about how it differs from #1, other than Canon themselves not using it. This was the first of their own new PRO printers to get the full #3

Here you can see the ink in the cart before it's absorbed

Karen is happy to have the space back...

I'd just note that the Epson P7000 I had in the same location was safely tipped on end - completely different ink feed system.

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
Re: Moving the PRO-2000 - review finale... ink draining
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 04:39:44 am »

Wow. I'm tempted to bitch about not allowing you to drain, flush and re-use the maintence cart, but at least in financial terms the cost must be pretty minor compared to the ink loss...

keithcooper

• Northlight Images
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 04:52:44 am »

Yup, glad it wasn't my printer and ink being shifted ;-)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 08:45:14 am »

Wow. I'm tempted to bitch about not allowing you to drain, flush and re-use the maintence cart, but at least in financial terms the cost must be pretty minor compared to the ink loss...

We're talking large corporate here - Canon would write this off as marketing and PR cost - it's peanuts relative to its potential value; many potential customers read the reviews. But yes, for us mere mortals it's a bit gut-wrenching to see all that ink literally going down the tubes!
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up