Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q: How to Export C1 V10 Catalog AND related files?  (Read 1683 times)

Stephen Scharf

Q: How to Export C1 V10 Catalog AND related files?
« on: February 22, 2017, 12:25:23 am »

I've been working more and more with Capture One Version 10 as I think it is very good; a notable step up over Version 9. I'm shooting uncompressed Fuji RAF files, and would like to be able to know how export a catalog along with the files that comprise that catalog from my Macbook Pro to my Retina iMac. I figured out how to export a catalog, but unlike Lightroom that also exports all the actual files along with the new catalog , all I got after export was a Capture One catalog "document", but no image files were exported to my new destination.

Does anyone know if, or or importantly how, to get C1 V10 to export both the Catalog AND it's respective files to a new destination?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers and regards,
Stephen

PS: Kevin Raber: If you read this, it would be nice to cover this topic in your new C1 V10 tutorial video.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Q: How to Export C1 V10 Catalog AND related files?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 05:19:03 am »

I've been working more and more with Capture One Version 10 as I think it is very good; a notable step up over Version 9. I'm shooting uncompressed Fuji RAF files, and would like to be able to know how export a catalog along with the files that comprise that catalog from my Macbook Pro to my Retina iMac. I figured out how to export a catalog, but unlike Lightroom that also exports all the actual files along with the new catalog , all I got after export was a Capture One catalog "document", but no image files were exported to my new destination.

Does anyone know if, or or importantly how, to get C1 V10 to export both the Catalog AND it's respective files to a new destination?

Hi Stephen,

I don't use Catalogs, so I can't verify, but isn't there supposed to be a checkbox to "include originals" on the dialog when exporting? Do note that Exporting is not the same as making a Backup of a catalog, because the latter only creates a copy of the database (structure), without images.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 05:42:15 am »

Hi Stephen,

I don't use Catalogs, so I can't verify, but isn't there supposed to be a checkbox to "include originals" on the dialog when exporting? Do note that Exporting is not the same as making a Backup of a catalog, because the latter only creates a copy of the database (structure), without images.

Cheers,
Bart

Bart is correct, yes.
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Stephen Scharf

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 11:58:55 am »

Hi Stephen,

Cheers,
Bart

Excellent! Thank you Bart and David!

Best regards
Stephen
Pages: [1]   Go Up