Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pixma Pro 1 ink waster? other Canon Pritners the same?  (Read 2868 times)

dseelig

Canon Pixma Pro 1 ink waster? other Canon Pritners the same?
« on: February 21, 2017, 03:21:35 pm »

So my Canon Pixma Pro 1 I left home it ran out of 4 inks after a tweo weeks away only one was on warning when I left. I left it plugged in and turned off as reccomemned by Canon is the 1000 prone to the same trouble? thanks David

Sbarroso

Re: Canon Pixma Pro 1 ink waster? other Canon Pritners the same?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 04:03:12 pm »

Mine is thirsty, but not as much as yours!  I leave it ON.
I' ve heard in this forum that turning off and on again triggers a full, long cleaning cycle. It does not matter whether it was off only for 1 minute or 1 year. I put some cardboard to prevent pressing the on/off button (...i've a small kid attracted by buttons :p).

jsousa515

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 12:25:26 pm »

Go on precision color inks website and purchase some refill kits.then with you change one cartage you can change them all.so the printer does not dump to much ink and save some money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 04:50:51 am »

The 1000 appears to be genuinely off once turned off. It does some noisy vibrating to mix the inks when turned back on, but I don't think it is flushing much into the waste cartridge: most of the colour inks have not dropped at all as I've printed 95% B&W over the last 3 months.
Mark from Aardenberg Imaging noted a while back that the pro-1 was a particularly nasty waster of ink...

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 04:20:48 pm »

I got rid of my PRO-1 and bought the PRO-1000 because I felt I was wasting so much ink every time I went to print. (Though I tried to be diligent and print something every few days, the reality was, it didn't happen. So the PRO-1 would purge and purge and purge and clean.

I have an iPF8400 as well. I feel it too is better about inks, even when I haven't printed in a while. I bought the PRO-1000 in November and bought extra ink carts. Though I haven't printed a ton, I'm still using the original carts!

nicov

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 04:39:15 am »

I got rid of my PRO-1 and bought the PRO-1000 because I felt I was wasting so much ink every time I went to print. (Though I tried to be diligent and print something every few days, the reality was, it didn't happen. So the PRO-1 would purge and purge and purge and clean.

I have an iPF8400 as well. I feel it too is better about inks, even when I haven't printed in a while. I bought the PRO-1000 in November and bought extra ink carts. Though I haven't printed a ton, I'm still using the original carts!

I'm thinking of replacing my Pro-1 with a Pro-1000 for the same reason. I like the output of the Pro-1, just not the extreme ink usage if you print infrequently like I do.

So are you happy about the difference in ink waste with your Pro-1000?
Pages: [1]   Go Up