Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad X1D vs Fujifilm GFX 50S  (Read 45586 times)

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
Re: Hasselblad X1D vs Fujifilm GFX 50S
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2017, 05:24:12 pm »

Quentin, I agree that the comparison of the GFX and the X1D makes little sense on one level in that the GFX was designed to be a very versatile camera system with lots of capabilities, while  the X1D is like a savant. It doesn't do a lot of things, but what it does do, it does superbly. However, my sense is  that an awful lot of the potential buyers of the GFX will never take advantage of its versatility and they will use it to do the same limited set of things that the X1D does so well. For them, the comparison becomes appropriate.

What you are saying, Howard, is that an awful lot of buyers are buying the wrong camera for them.  That's not Fuji's fault or a weakness with the camera; it's the buyers' fault for not being more discerning.
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2017, 12:30:47 am »

Hi Quentin,

My guess is that is up to the customers to decide what their perceived needs happen to be.

Best regards
Erik

What you are saying, Howard, is that an awful lot of buyers are buying the wrong camera for them.  That's not Fuji's fault or a weakness with the camera; it's the buyers' fault for not being more discerning.
Erik Kaffehr

hubell

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2017, 07:32:10 am »

You missed my point. I was responding to your statement that a comparison between the two cameras is misplaced, apples to oranges, because they are designed to serve completely different roles, with the Fuji GFX being a full featured, versatile camera system that offers the ability to adapt third party lenses, tilting EVF adapters, the ability to use a tech camera with it, etc. For a photographer who has no need for all of that versatility and just wants/needs what the X1D does well, a comparative evaluation IS appropriate. I believe there are many photographers who fall into that category who will accurately perceive (NOT misperceive) their needs as being more limited, and they SHOULD compare. There are many, many photographers who own cameras like Nikon D810s who use hardly any of the features and capabilities that it offers, yet they buy them for the image quality produced by the sensor/imaging pipeline and the lenses. I think that makes perfect sense. I think that the GFX will be the same.

hubell

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2017, 07:39:39 am »

Hi Quentin,

My guess is that is up to the customers to decide what their perceived needs happen to be.

Best regards
Erik

Of course that's true, but it's funny coming from you, of all people.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up