Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SC-P9000 wiper blade  (Read 5085 times)

loomitz

SC-P9000 wiper blade
« on: February 18, 2017, 10:50:53 pm »

Hi, Guys some one know hot to clean or exchange the wiper blade on the SC-P9000?, the down, menu, OK command, Takes you to self testing but theres not maintenance menu.

Garnick

Re: SC-P9000 wiper blade
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 11:54:21 am »

Hi, Guys some one know hot to clean or exchange the wiper blade on the SC-P9000?, the down, menu, OK command, Takes you to self testing but theres not maintenance menu.

Are you in Service Mode?  If not you probably won't find any reference to the Wiper Exchange.  Having recently sold my 9900, I will soon be downsizing to the P7000, but I'm still not certain that some of the options we had in Service Mode on the 9900 are available on the SC-P series printers.  I hope that's the case, since I have three new wipers from the 9900 that I kept in case they might be usable in the P7000.  I talked to my tech a few days ago and he said the wiper assembly is the same in the SC-P series printers as in the 9900, so I guess it was a good move on my part to hang on to them.  But once again, I'm assuming you would definitely have to be in Service Mode to access the Wiper exchange, if indeed it is still an option. 

Gary   
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

loomitz

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 02:17:01 pm »

Hi, Gary i do the key conbination for service mode, you know Down, Menu, OK and power on. But when i do this the sc-p9000 go directly to this screen and theres no way to get out of it, or find wiper exchange.

Garnick

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 04:14:17 pm »

Hi, Gary i do the key conbination for service mode, you know Down, Menu, OK and power on. But when i do this the sc-p9000 go directly to this screen and theres no way to get out of it, or find wiper exchange.

That's interesting, and not in a good way.  Did you try all of the arrow keys, as well as OK?  I'll ask my tech friend if the wiper is a user replaceable part, perhaps Epson has locked us out of that as well now.  Of course if your P9000 is still under warranty you wouldn't want to be roaming around in Service Mode for any reason.  Since my printers are used for business purposes I extend the warranty for as long as possible, it's an insurance policy for me.  By the time the two or three year warranty has expired we'll likely know a lot more about what we can and cannot do as far as maintenance is concerned.  That's the way it was with the 9900, instigated by Eric and his techie friend a few years ago.  I'll get an email to the tech guy and let you know what he knows. 

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

datro

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 10:29:00 pm »

Select Mecha Adjustment
Select "PG Adj." - The display will read "Un Cap"
Push the "OK" button

This should move the head off of the capping station to a middle position on the carriage.  At this point I would suggest powering off the printer, then do the wiper cleaning/replacement, etc. Once you've repositioned the wiper assembly/flushing box back into the original position and closed the front lid (and also making sure that there are no obstructions inside the printer carriage area) then power on the printer.  The head will seek to the home position and then the printer will startup as usual.

(NOTE:  Anything you do in Service Mode is at your own risk)

loomitz

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 02:44:16 am »

Select Mecha Adjustment
Select "PG Adj." - The display will read "Un Cap"
Push the "OK" button

This should move the head off of the capping station to a middle position on the carriage.  At this point I would suggest powering off the printer, then do the wiper cleaning/replacement, etc. Once you've repositioned the wiper assembly/flushing box back into the original position and closed the front lid (and also making sure that there are no obstructions inside the printer carriage area) then power on the printer.  The head will seek to the home position and then the printer will startup as usual.

(NOTE:  Anything you do in Service Mode is at your own risk)

Thanks, this seems to work just one more question with this command the head uncap and unlock didnt move to the middle, but was free to carefully move out to the middle, but the Flushing box and the Wiper blade goes up, its safe to move it down for the exchange, its not locked any way? we decide first ask.

we bought the printer used, it have like a year of use i think fortunate it works fine, no clogs or anyting rare and we want to keep it that way, i think the autorized service in my contry its not really good we have some problems with them in the past.

datro

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 09:15:55 am »

Thanks, this seems to work just one more question with this command the head uncap and unlock didnt move to the middle, but was free to carefully move out to the middle, but the Flushing box and the Wiper blade goes up, its safe to move it down for the exchange, its not locked any way? we decide first ask.

we bought the printer used, it have like a year of use i think fortunate it works fine, no clogs or anyting rare and we want to keep it that way, i think the autorized service in my contry its not really good we have some problems with them in the past.
Yes, just pull the flushing box and wiper mechanism down to access the wiper.  Then gently push it back up before closing the front cover.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up