Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: With a nod to Bob David. Island Condensation  (Read 1759 times)

Patricia Sheley

With a nod to Bob David. Island Condensation
« on: February 17, 2017, 11:29:57 am »

~Just a quick example of why I like it too. Leave your cold one sitting in the tropics too long, forget it, ~island condensation  ;)
A common woman~

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
Re: With a nod to Bob David. Island Condensation
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 11:36:44 am »

What island is this -- Iceland?  ;)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 01:11:41 pm »

I love it, Patricia!
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

John R

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 02:57:43 pm »

Hope I got this right, is that supposed to frozen condensate on beer bottles? It does look intriguing.

JR

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 05:02:41 pm »

It is what happens John, on an island in Downeast Maine, when you spend three days shoveling out from under drifts and then plowing your way up a long steep driveway to the "main road". If you treated yourself to a "mugga cheer" along the way, and set it down on a "protected" porch whilst continuing to make your way, you return to find that the gales (in this case a two day blizzard refueling over the maritimes) have powered at great force down the reach and inside to "keep the chill on".

We live directly on the reach so the snows are not dropped to the ground by firs before making their way to us. It is magnificently beautiful to behold and hear, as long as one is not at sea. This morning we started pulling some of the snows from the rooves, and were treated to bald eagle pairs soaring overhead. I used to hurt from the downsides when the storms came in CT, but not here. The constantly changing beauty day and night is just so intense. The stars, and last night Venus, are simply wondrous.

JNB asked about Iceland. Many of the year rounders here came from Finland and Norway, unless they are generations born and raised here. Iceland and Japan have much in common, the bones of this island having been formed the same way, and benefitting by the luminance of sea.

David's "condensation" popped up just as we discovered our cold beers, so couldn't resist the note~   ;)
A common woman~

BobDavid

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 06:49:36 pm »

... a frozen nod, indeed.

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 07:51:59 pm »

It is what happens John, on an island in Downeast Maine, when you spend three days shoveling out from under drifts and then plowing your way up a long steep driveway to the "main road".

Up here in Nova Scotia, too. Two days to get shoveled out of the first storm, then another storm hit us. Driveway, walkway, porch roof, twice. The front walk is still 18" wide through 3-4 foot walls of snow. When I'm not breaking my back and risking my heart shoveling, I look around at the beauty. It's still hard to walk around in town as few sidewalks are clear, but the attached scene caught my eye. Tonight was time for a nice glass of red wine, rather than a cold frosty one. Cheers.

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 08:06:53 pm »

As they say, can see you from the buoy. We're actually on close latitude. Found this place long ago on a return trip from Antigonish. Lifting a toast to you. We "enjoyed" breathing the same two storms, ours fueled by joining yours at sea and circling back at us an extra day's worth of good old fashioned nor'easter.  ;) Love the shop front!
A common woman~
Pages: [1]   Go Up