Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tangent Element with Capture One Pro 10 Review  (Read 9386 times)

sjprg

Re: Tangent Element with Capture One Pro 10 Review
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 09:25:40 pm »

How we3ll does it work with C1 11?
Paul

Paul Steunebrink

• Image Alchemist
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2018, 06:20:39 am »

I had the Tangent Element series on loan some time ago and was very impressed by their rugged design, precise adjustments and how well they integrated with Capture One. If you are interested, my review can be found at https://imagealchemist.net/using-tangent-with-capture-one/

Tibor O

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 12:22:23 pm »

How we3ll does it work with C1 11?
Amazingly well!

I have the Element Kb and Tk that I use alongside the C1 Logic Keyboard and the Wacom Intous. I have all the adjustment sliders mapped to the Kb and I have also mapped the RGB Levels controls to the Kb. I use the Tk for color grading.

I have no need for the Bt or Mf because I have all the shortcuts available on the C1 Logic Keyboard and I have added 20 new ones myself.

Please see the attached .pdfs for details.

My only complaint for the Kb would be that you have to be very careful not to accidentally hit any of the knobs because they change very easily.

I didn't map the brush size, pen size and spot radius because I do that with my Wacom Intous.

I think that Kb+Tk+Logic Keyboard+Wacom is a winner combination for the C1 11.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:21:41 am by Tibor O »

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2018, 02:20:56 pm »

My experience with the Wave has been great.  Takes some getting used to and I find myself out of habit reaching for the mouse.  We will do a segment in the tutorial with the Tangent products.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Jimmy D Uptain

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2018, 07:02:37 pm »

Amazingly well!

I have the Element Kb and Tk that I use alongside the C1 Logic Keyboard and the Wacom Intous. I have all the adjustment sliders mapped to the Kb and I have also mapped the RGB Levels controls to the Kb. I use the Tk for color grading.

I have no need for the Bt or Mf because I have all the shortcuts available on the C1 Logic Keyboard and I have added 20 new ones myself.

Please see the attached .pdfs for details.

My only complaint for the Kb would be that you have to be very careful not to accidentally hit any of the knobs because they change very easily.

I didn't map the brush size, pen size and spot radius because I do that with my Wacom Intous.

I think that Kb+Tk+Logic Keyboard+Wacom is a winner combination for the C1 11.

That's an outstanding setup.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2018, 04:42:40 am »

Excellent job Tibor!
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Jeffery Salter

• Loving life one frame at a time.
    • Jeffery Salter
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2018, 09:31:35 am »

Hi Tibor,

Thank you for sharing the mapping.  Could you please upload a photograph of your work space.  I'm right handed and my work flow / space editing tools include a  (small) wacom with a Apple wireless keyboard.  The element system sounds great, I just want to get a idea of the physical placement of the Kb, Tk, wacom, keyboard and etc on my work desk.  It would be great to hear about your workflow.  When I edit with my wacom, I rarely put the pen down.  Would you put the element system infront of the keyboard/wacom or put them to left of the keyboard?

Happy New Year.

Jeffery
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:37:37 am by Jeffery Salter »
Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.
photos:  www.jefferysalter.com
Blog: http://blog.jefferysalter.com/
Instagram: @jefferysalter

Tibor O

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2018, 05:37:02 pm »

Could you please upload a photograph of your work space.
At this time I wouldn't be too happy to do this publicly because my work space is in the middle of rearranging the cables and I also have other stuff on my desk (like an electric teapot, a mini sound mixer, a table lamp...). If you PM me I can send you a pic on your e-mail at the end of this week or so.

I did however plan everything upfront in 3D and I can show you how my desk looks without all that clutter (see attached). My desk is 240 cm (7.87 feet) wide and 100 cm (3.28 feet) deep.

I'm right handed and my work flow / space editing tools include a  (small) wacom with a Apple wireless keyboard.  The element system sounds great, I just want to get a idea of the physical placement of the Kb, Tk, wacom, keyboard and etc on my work desk.  It would be great to hear about your workflow.

I'm right handed too. I work in Sessions and I use Catalogs only for the archive of the very best pics. I have 11 Custom Workspaces defined (see the attached list). In some Workspaces I work only with the Logic Keyboard and the Trackpad (like when in Library, Client Review, Process or Cataloging). When doing just adjustments without masking I mainly use just the Logic Keyboard and the Element Kb (like when in Shoot or Technical Review). When also working in layers I use the Wacom alongside the Logic Keyboard and the Element Kb (like when in Edit BW, Edit Color, Edit Skin Tone and Sharpening). The Element Tk is only used when in Color Grade workspace. For that reason I have mapped the Lightness controls from the Color Balance tool also to the Kb panel (see page 2 of my Kb mapping). Feel free to try my workspaces (attached) just bear in mind that they are made for 27" display (2.560 x 1.440) for pics in portrait mode only! I shoot exclusively in the portrait format with 3:4 aspect ratio.

Would you put the element system infront of the keyboard/wacom or put them to left of the keyboard?
Wacom first! When it is not needed I just disconnect it and put aside. Kb is to the right, next to it is the Trackpad. When I put the Wacom aside I like to put the Trackpad in front of the keyboard (like you have it with notebooks). Tk is behind the keyboard but you can easily reach it when needed. Because I usually do more than one variant when color grading it is not practical to have the Tk in front of the keyboard (I can do a new variant, move among them etc. all with just the keyboard). Also, in my opinion it is better to color grade with your arms stretched  ;)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:21:10 am by Tibor O »

Tibor O

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2018, 05:54:33 pm »

Excellent job Tibor!
Thank you David.

Actually, I would say that I owe it much to you and your webinars that I regularly follow. Among other things I based my Edit Skin Tone and Color Grade workspaces and workflows on your tips & tricks from the webinars. Keep up the excellent work!

Jeffery Salter

• Loving life one frame at a time.
    • Jeffery Salter
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2018, 06:54:25 pm »

(like an electric teapot, a mini sound mixer, a table lamp...)

You forgot to mention the cat which somehow finds a way to lay across your keyboard during deadline editing....

Man!  Your generosity rocks.  Thank you, Thank you and Thank you!

Let me know if I can ever return the favor.  Cuban cigars?

Be well.

Jeffery
Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.
photos:  www.jefferysalter.com
Blog: http://blog.jefferysalter.com/
Instagram: @jefferysalter
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up