Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: epson 4800 printing question  (Read 5773 times)

pluche17

epson 4800 printing question
« on: July 26, 2006, 01:32:13 pm »

Hi, I am a long time reader/viewer of Luminous-Landscape, and have been most appreciative of the valued information found at this site. I recently purchased the epson 4800 and the imageprint rip and am using the phatteblack inks. I have been printing beautifully for over a month now on 8.5x11 paper, and decided that now was the time to try a large print on 17x22 epson ultra smooth fine art paper. I was able to get the large cut sheet into the printer and all seemed well, until I got the message to put paper into the paper tray, (with red light blinking). Obviously there was already paper in the printer, so why is the message showing up? I had used the "user defined" choice in imageprint for the size of the paper, and I put in 17"x22".  I know its probably something very simple, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks for any help.

KeithR

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 05:17:52 pm »

Hi, I am a long time reader/viewer of Luminous-Landscape, and have been most appreciative of the valued information found at this site. I recently purchased the epson 4800 and the imageprint rip and am using the phatteblack inks. I have been printing beautifully for over a month now on 8.5x11 paper, and decided that now was the time to try a large print on 17x22 epson ultra smooth fine art paper. I was able to get the large cut sheet into the printer and all seemed well, until I got the message to put paper into the paper tray, (with red light blinking). Obviously there was already paper in the printer, so why is the message showing up? I had used the "user defined" choice in imageprint for the size of the paper, and I put in 17"x22".  I know its probably something very simple, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks for any help.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=71788\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Since you have been printing with 8.5x11, I assume you were using the tray, and the default is to feed from the tray. The printer assumes that the 17x22 is also in the tray, thats what it's looking for, doesn't see it so that's why it tells you to put it in the tray. In the print driver box(I don't remember under which tab of hand), you have to pick manual feed for individual sheets. The options, I believe are roll, tray or manual feed. Hope this helps.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

pluche17

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 08:25:47 pm »

thanks for your response. I did find the manual feed and checked that, unfortunately I am still with the same problem, so will have to keep at it. My epson 4800 is now listed twice, one as the epson 4800 with imageprint, and one with epson drivers for a mac. Starts to get compicated!

esantos

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 02:21:48 pm »

I have this problem with my 4000. Every time I try to use the back end manual feed I get this message. Hit the pause button and it should start printing. This does not work 100% of the time but usually fixes the problem. Oh, the print job must have already been spooled to the printer before you try this.

pluche17

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 05:22:05 pm »

Well, I did find the problem, and it was me!  I was making  it more complex than it was. Imageprint with the 4800 does work! All I had to do was hit the print button, then choose setup, and there you can select "manual feed" and "cut sheets" to print my custom size 17x22 print. thanks again for the pointers. I've included a jpeg of the image. I'm in the process of scanning all my 35mm slides, that should keep me busy for a while!
Pages: [1]   Go Up