Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Affinity Photo 1.5 Windows - Camera Profiling  (Read 2511 times)

Dave Ellis

Affinity Photo 1.5 Windows - Camera Profiling
« on: February 15, 2017, 01:54:39 am »

I am currently trying out the trial version of Affinity Photo and was wondering if anyone was aware of what camera profiling is done in the RAW develop module (sorry that should be "persona"!). It seems to handle colour from my Sony and Nikon cameras quite well but i haven't been able to find any information on how it handles camera colour management (as per dcp profiles for Adobe or icc profiles for C1). It's not clear either what tone curve (if any) is applied as a default in the raw processing stage.

Also it seems that once you have finished the raw development and you hit the develop button, the settings are applied and can't be changed at a later date. I believe that this feature might be addressed on a future roadmap but this is a bit of a limitation from my point of view compared to other software like ACR/LR, C1 and others.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. I'm still happy running CS6 and C1 Express for Sony but I like to keep across what is happening with other software vendors, and it seems there is quite a lot happening these days.

Dave
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:06:38 am by Dave Ellis »
Pages: [1]   Go Up