Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro-1000 MCT color calibration gone wrong (peeing without paper)  (Read 1175 times)

henrikolsen

Tried to do add a custom media type in MCT today, and first did the feed adjustment in step one (resulting in value 12), and when I got to the calibration step, pressed execute and went for coffee as it says it can take 10-15 mins.

Coming back, to my big surprise, a second feed adjustment print had been done (result value 26 btw, way different than first proper go, where it should be done in step one). Double checked I hadn't gone mad and forgotten, but sure enough, first result was on my desk besides it with date time and notes added by me on the back. Why it initiated a second feed adjustment attempt during calibration, I don't know.

I then noted it still made a lot of noises (it normally does, but this sounded different somehow), and I felt it was possibly trying/preparing to print again now (perhaps doing the calibration it was asked to), but no paper was in (it used it already for a second feed adjustment, not asked for), so I was worried it had started to fail the procedure. I gently opened the lid and the head was going a little back and forth at the side near the display (inside print area, not in park/maintenance area). It got a little more time to get itself together, and eventually it stopped with an error message "Failed to create a calibration target". Indeed.

Several low ink warnings now flashing. Hmmm. Opening the lid again, it has left a mess of ink at the bottom of the printer where it was fussing about, in and around the foam at the vacuum holes. It apparently has went crazy and put out a lot of ink here without any paper to put it on, and on a small area too. Tried to clean it, but as you can imagine not easy, or fun. I'll find a support number and check with Canon what to make of this.

Serial number starts with AEHX. Not the one in earlier advisory for external leaks.

Anyone else had this model pee in it's pants like this?

Update: At the time, latest official OS, driver and firmware (macOS Sierra 10.12.3. Printer driver 16.10.1.0. Firmware 2.020 from firmware updater 2.1, MCT 1.1.1).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:39:31 pm by henrikolsen »

sakharov.alexander

Re: Canon Pro-1000 MCT color calibration gone wrong (peeing without paper)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 02:46:47 pm »

Try to update printer's firmware. Last version is 2.04.
Update is available from printer panel, not from web download.

henrikolsen

Re: Canon Pro-1000 MCT color calibration gone wrong (peeing without paper)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 05:36:22 pm »

Printer did something similar today, with the new firmware. This time not during a MCT calibration, but attempting to do a normal print job. Canon service coming by tomorrow. Cross my fingers issue will be resolved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up