Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: July06 laptop survey  (Read 2630 times)

bob mccarthy

• http://
July06 laptop survey
« on: July 26, 2006, 12:07:53 pm »

This subject (laptop to buy) comes up frequently, but the quality of the offerings in the market is constantly evolving.

I've come to the conclusion that either a PC or Mac laptop will have enough power and memory to provide a good platform. I'm looking at the screen being the factor to differentiate the crowd.

I see the newer trend to a glossy screen. Will they calibrate. I unfortunately don't have an outlet to see them all, and tend to mailorder from Dell, etc.

Has someone purchased a new Mac/PC and can you give an analysis of screen quality. I've got my checkbook out and...

Thanks in advance,

bob

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
July06 laptop survey
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 07:59:14 pm »

I bought a Dell 1505 consumer-grade laptop a couple of months ago when they first came out. I got the glossy high-end screen upgrade (+$100). It was worth it. Calibrates great. Actually better than my year old Samsung 213T desktop monitor.
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
July06 laptop survey
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 02:37:22 pm »

Sony has used the glossy type screen now for over a year or so, I have one of their last year model 17" screens, UXGA 1600 x 1200 and it calibrated well with the eye one.

I have read that the New Mac books are 30% brighter than the older models, but not if they have the glossy screen style of LCD.  

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

jani

• Øyet
July06 laptop survey
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 04:37:44 pm »

Sony has used the glossy type screen now for over a year or so, I have one of their last year model 17" screens, UXGA 1600 x 1200 and it calibrated well with the eye one.

I have read that the New Mac books are 30% brighter than the older models, but not if they have the glossy screen style of LCD. 
They don't, as far as I've been able to tell by drooling over other people's laptop and demo models.
Jan
Pages: [1]   Go Up