Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyway to Learn To Convert Digital Image to A Painting Using PS  (Read 3596 times)

rollsman44

Anyway to Learn To Convert Digital Image to A Painting Using PS
« on: February 13, 2017, 11:31:54 pm »

I have always wanted to make my images into a Painting look. I have PS But I want to Learn Using PS To transform my Images into a beautiful painting. I am NOT an Artist just a Pro Photographer. I would like to learn how to but I am looking for something USER Friendly
   Thank you
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 04:02:25 pm by rollsman44 »

barry685

• http://www.barrystudios.com
Re: Anyway to Learn Corel-Painting Thats User Friendly
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 05:21:32 am »

if you know photoshop I highly recommend Scott Deardorffs tutorials. for corel painter I dont have personal experience but google Heather the painter and Karen Sperling. they both offer tutorials specific to turning photos into paintings.

rollsman44

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 07:20:21 am »

Thank you Barry

hogloff

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 09:02:25 am »

Thank you Barry

It is very easy to automate the transformation of a photo to a painting using Painter. Corel has a trial offer on Painter. Download it and view the tutorial on their website which basically explains how to turn a photo into a painting.

barry685

• http://www.barrystudios.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 09:05:00 am »

Another well known instructor Fay Sirkis has some very good tutorials. She can be contacted at:
fay@faysartstudio.com

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Anyway to Learn To Convert Digital Image to A Painting Using PS
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 10:14:43 am »

An easy way to convert photos to paintings is to use Topaz Impression plugin.
The program contains over 100 different presets, ranging from simple charcoal sketches to oil, watercolor, and even impasto styles.
You can control brush width, length and many other parameters, and in addition if you "paint" on another layer(s), you can selectively remove or fade out some of the painting effects to reveal more of the original. In other words, you'll get a lot of flexibility to add your personal touch to your paintings.

For some examples of the painterly renditions by this program, you can view my Digital Painting gallery at Fine ArtAmerica.

Painterly Images

Here is the link to the Topaz Labs plugin:
TOPAZ IMPRESSION

Using "lespalenik" discount coupon, you'll get the Topaz Impression plugin for $15 off (regular price $99.99)

Peano

• Radiant Pics
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 12:42:42 pm »

if you know photoshop I highly recommend Scott Deardorffs tutorials.

+1

If you want a quick conversion, try some of the Photoshop artistic filters (watercolor, oil, etc.). But if you're willing to spend some time and get much better results, Scott Deardorff is the man. Here is one of his samples, before and after.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 08:16:22 pm by Peano »

rollsman44

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 09:15:01 pm »

WOW........ They are all good. Which is the easiest to do ?  I am NOT a good PS person so I have to rely a lot on the presets that are offered
  Thank you. This is what I want to learn and do.  Dennis

hogloff

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 10:20:10 pm »

WOW........ They are all good. Which is the easiest to do ?  I am NOT a good PS person so I have to rely a lot on the presets that are offered
  Thank you. This is what I want to learn and do.  Dennis

Is your heart set on using Photoshop to create the painting effects? If not, a much more powerful and easier approach would be to use Corel Painter. You can create amazing art with the application.

rollsman44

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 10:22:05 pm »

I checked out Scott Deardorf and I find it very time consuming and Lots of PS. I know very little about PS but much better in LR. Thats why I need a software that has a lot of Presets I can choose from and still make adjustments to each,  I will look at you tube and see what is up with Topaz Impression. Thanks you all for your suggestions. I am open to anything else out there.  Dennis

rollsman44

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 10:25:19 pm »

No my heart is NOT with PS. I don't know that program and would prefer something other than PS BUT at the same time would like a program thats NOT difficult to learn. I think I looked at Corel not sure which one and found it to be time consuming and learning Brushes etc was NOT that easy to learn,

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 06:39:10 am »

No my heart is NOT with PS. I don't know that program and would prefer something other than PS BUT at the same time would like a program thats NOT difficult to learn. I think I looked at Corel not sure which one and found it to be time consuming and learning Brushes etc was NOT that easy to learn,

Corel Painter is a very good digital painting application but it does have a learning curve if one wants to do better than a simple conversion of a photograph (which it also can do). For very easy and fast conversions, the already mentioned Topaz Impression will do a good job, and you might also want to check out Mediachance's Dynamic Autopainter.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

snowrs

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 10:56:43 am »

My favorite program by far is Alien Skin's Snap Art.  It comes in both PS plug-in and standalone.

bob snow

Peter McLennan

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 01:57:18 pm »

Another vote for Topaz Impression 2.  It can't be any easier to use, has built-in masking, extensive manual controls and screen updates are fast.  Once you've chosen your effect, rendering out the finished image takes less than a minute.

Oh, and really fun, too.  :)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 05:12:15 pm »

One thing about the Topaz Impression (and of course, this applies also to other similar products and filters), is the sheer number of available presets. Altough you can apply any style to a specific image, it's best to experiment with a bunch of different presets until you find which painting style is most appropriate for that image or most appealing to you. Fortunately, most of these transformation happen quite quickly, so you can try several painting methods for each image.

After settling on particular presets, you may want to experiment with layer masking and selectively remove or reduce painting changes from certain parts of the image. Or even combine several layers each processed in a slightly different way.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 08:29:24 pm »

One thing about the Topaz Impression (and of course, this applies also to other similar products and filters), is the sheer number of available presets. Altough you can apply any style to a specific image, it's best to experiment with a bunch of different presets until you find which painting style is most appropriate for that image or most appealing to you. Fortunately, most of these transformation happen quite quickly, so you can try several painting methods for each image.

After settling on particular presets, you may want to experiment with layer masking and selectively remove or reduce painting changes from certain parts of the image. Or even combine several layers each processed in a slightly different way.

Yes, I agree, there is still a lot possible after using the 'canned' presets. In fact, it can also be worthwhile to precede the use of the Impression plugin by first using the Topaz Simplify plugin, assuming one is looking for a more impressionistic look. By first 'simplifying' the image content, it may result in using different Impression presets to achieve the desired result. One can also use multiple layers, e.g one as underpainting, and then add another as overpainting. Lots of possibilities for creating a unique signature style.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up