Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color Management/Calibration with 2015 iMac 27"  (Read 2028 times)

camner

Color Management/Calibration with 2015 iMac 27"
« on: February 13, 2017, 02:47:47 pm »

I own a NEC PA242W that I have been calibrating with Spectraview II software and the NEC MDSVSENSOR3 sensor.  I now have a Late 2015 iMac 27" that I would like to calibrate so that the iMac and NEC displays are appropriately calibrated.

I (think I) know that the Spectraview II software is compatible only with NEC displays.  I also know that the MDSVSENSOR3 is a rebranded I1 Display Pro.  Can I use the 1Profiler software from Xrite with the MDSVSENSOR3 to calibrate the iMac (and the NEC?).  If not, is there a way to avoid having to purchase a new I1 Display Pro and still be able to calibrate both monitors?

Thank you!

howardm

Re: Color Management/Calibration with 2015 iMac 27"
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 08:50:13 am »

well, you can certainly *try* to use i1Profiler (download from xrite.com).  It'll either work or it won't.  My bet is 'won't'.

You could use the argyllcms/dispcal software suite though w/ that sensor.

graeme

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 10:27:21 am »

If it's any help I use basICColor display to calibrate my 2015 iMac. I'd bought basICColor to use with a 23" Multisync ( not spectra view ) display. I seem to recall that basICColor was sold in Europe as a Spectraview replacement / equvalent.

Seems to work OK on the iMac. I use basICColor with a DTP94 puck which I'm told shouldn't work with the iMac.

howardm

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 11:45:52 am »

thats true.  BasICColor is the only sw package besides Spectraview that can write directly to the Spectraview panel and it supports non-SV.  The only 'issue' is that it's approx $100 or so.
Pages: [1]   Go Up