Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Love the place you live  (Read 2536 times)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Love the place you live
« on: February 13, 2017, 09:36:58 am »

Nice article, and one that resonates with me a lot. I often photograph places near my house, finding new subjects in an "old" familiar place.

Thanks for sharing.

David S

Re: Love the place you live
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 09:49:54 am »

Enjoyed the article and your photos. Generates a desire to shoot locally more this coming year once winter backs off a bit - my hands cannot tolerate the cold.

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 10:16:27 am »

I enjoyed the article too.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 12:56:06 pm »

I liked it too and the idea resonates with me. Even though I live in the West with our big landscapes I live in a location that may often be overlooked for a nearby area popular with tourists and photographers. But our end of the valley has it's own assets that might be a little more subtle but are no less fitting as subject matter and maybe are a little less cliche.
Also when I travel back to my former home town in the midwest I enjoy looking at it with fresh eyes. I now appreciate the scenes, landscapes, and light much more than when I was younger and just desperately wanted to go West and never return. Everyplace seems to have it's own beauty but some are harder to tune into than others.
-MattB

John R

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 08:28:06 pm »

Those images have the look and quality of scanned slides. Of course, they are wonderful all the same.

JR

paulbk

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 09:42:16 pm »

Yep, me too. I live in small town New England, USA (northwest Connecticut). I fall in love with the place every day. It's not a perfect place. But it's perfect for me. New England is a region, a lifestyle, and an interesting perch from which to see the world. New England has four seasons, mountains, rivers, an ocean, Boston, and clam chowder. And a history you can spend a lifetime exploring.

fyi.. A recent Harvard study concludes New England is now the most forested region in the lower 48. Manufacturing died 40 years ago. Only a few boutique farms in the river valleys. The rest is forest. Moose are now common in northern Connecticut. And black bears are bird feeder bandits.
paul b.k.
New England, USA

David Watson

• David Watson
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 02:26:55 pm »

Very nice and evocative thought process in this article.  I feel energised and full of desire to go out into our local countryside and see it all afresh. There must be thousands of photographs out there waiting to be taken but - hang on a minute - it is February in England, the sky is leaden, the trees are bare, the animals and birds are hiding and it is cold and wet.

On reflection I might just pick up the paper and my glass of wine and think about spring with a fresh eye.

Oh to be in Iowa  ....

David Watson ARPS

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 10:45:43 am »

Oh to be in Iowa  ....

Many of the people of Iowa will be staying in too! I bet there's gold out there in that British drizzle and cold but you have to go find it! :)
-MattB
Pages: [1]   Go Up