Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

Canon 16-35mm mark iii and Lee filters.

(1/2) > >>

JohnBeasley:
Just curious has anyone else this combination on here?
Picked up the new 16-35 this week and was pretty stoked to go to the national park in Killarney this week to try it out, but good lord the vignette once the polariser went on.
I know lee have a new slimline landscape polariser, which im going to pop up and try on Monday morning, but I struggle to see how it could be that much better. 

shadowblade:
Try the Lee filter holder with a 105mm CPL. Works better for any UWA than a screw-on.

But every UWA is going to vignette heavily with front filters. Light coming from 60 degrees off-axis (for a 120-degree angle of view) passes through twice the thickness of filter compared with light coming parallel to the axis. Thus, 1 stop of loss in the middle becomes 2 stops at the edge, 2 stops in the middle becomes 4 stops at the edge and so on. Rear filters are far better when they're available.

JohnBeasley:
I have the standard Lee polariser, and I just cant get over the vignette on it. Iv been reading up since I came back and the landscape version is ment to fix it, but I will be amazed if it does.

Alto:
Hi John

The Lee landscape polariser is much much slimmer than the original one .
I have used it with the 16-35 mk2 f2.8 and the f4 version if you are having problems you could always use the 100mm sq glass cir polariser .

I take it you are using the WA adaptor ring??

Hope the helps

Jon

JohnBeasley:
Yeah been using the slim line, I'll just have to try out the new one and see how I fare with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version