I will travel from Montenegro (Europe) to Argentina in middle of March, to do personal project shooting some portraits. I want to bring with me my Bron Move1200 L with Para 88 . I have zero experience traveling with airplane with light equipment, so I would highly appreciate any advice from you. I assume that I will not be allowed to bring two bags onboard (camera bag with bron bag)...so what are your suggestions? I would appreciate any advice.
I've traveled with my Move1200kit (2 heads) and Para88 between Boston, London & Edinburgh a few times and have not had any issues. Here's the process I adapted...
- I did not use the backpack that the Move1200kit came with. Instead I packed the powerpack, 2 heads, extn cable and charger, in a separate camera equipment bag (Thinktank or Tenba) that was within the checkin-dimensions. I assumed the airline wasn't going to let me carry the Broncolor bag on board.
- I also removed the battery from the Move1200 and flashtubes from the heads and put them in the same bag as the powerpack
- I was told by the airline to only have one battery in each checked in bag, so I put the spare battery in the bag with the Para
- The Para88 was in the bag that came with it. At the three airports the airline had me put the Para bag in the oversize/sports_equipmnent conveyer.
- I also put a copy of the 'Certification for Lithium Battery' that came with the kit and the invoices in the bag.
I hope you find this helpful.