Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peter Lindbergh making the Pirelli calendar 2017  (Read 2718 times)

kers

• Pieter Kers
Peter Lindbergh making the Pirelli calendar 2017
« on: February 10, 2017, 09:51:34 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yeb_275p1_g&feature=youtu.be

Famous women photographed in the relaxt Peter Lindbergh way.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Rob C

Re: Peter Lindbergh making the Pirelli calendar 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 12:02:56 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yeb_275p1_g&feature=youtu.be

Famous women photographed in the relaxt Peter Lindbergh way.

Thank you; enjoyed that very much indeed.

There's a shorter one that I've seen, but this one is the best yet!

I see he likes shooting into windows... ;-) And he has a thing for shooting through music stands and having loose Nikon camera straps! Were that I, then it is certain that the strap would foul something and bring my camera crashing to the ground.

Great snapper whose work I enjoy over the years. Wish I could photograph Penelope Cruz too, but I think I shall console myself with a tomato bocadillo instead; far easier to fix.

Again, thank you very much for giving me a great afternoon treat!

Rob C

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 12:40:25 pm »

Hello Rob,
I also enjoyed it a lot. The video brings these women closer to you than the photographs do, don't you think?
It is really a very nice video. The women, mainly actrices, feel often naked without a role to play and the good thing of Peter is that he creates an atmosphere they feel comfortable in.
The video makes you interested in the final photographic results and i find them surprisingly different from what i thought would come out. More raw.

Also nice to see Pirelli has made a switch in the way they show women. ( see in contrast some of the older video's..)
They casted the right women i think. Women with a lot more than a beautiful outside.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 04:35:01 am »

Hello Rob,
I also enjoyed it a lot. The video brings these women closer to you than the photographs do, don't you think?
It is really a very nice video. The women, mainly actrices, feel often naked without a role to play and the good thing of Peter is that he creates an atmosphere they feel comfortable in.
The video makes you interested in the final photographic results and i find them surprisingly different from what i thought would come out. More raw.

Also nice to see Pirelli has made a switch in the way they show women. ( see in contrast some of the older video's..)
They casted the right women i think. Women with a lot more than a beautiful outside.

Pieter,

I see you worked in Jameos del Agua too! This one was back in the 70s, for a Glayva Liqueur calendar; Ektachrome 64, Hasselblad 500C/M with Sonnar 4/150mm and a Softar (which I also could fix onto the Nikon lenses):

Rob

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 06:22:32 am »

Really good!

I have a friend living in Lanzarote and she brought me directly to all the beautiful architecture of Cesar Manrique...
I really enjoy his work, and the way he combined architecture and nature.
His old house is now a museum, very well preserved and clean...
So different from the times you took this photo; when it was still his house; Wild hippy parties with lots of alcohol, drugs and sex... :)

It is a pity that you cannot swim anymore in that beautiful pool where your photo is taken.
Art is best when it is alive. After that it rigid and conserved to be the same till the ends of time.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 07:14:37 am »

Really good!

I have a friend living in Lanzarote and she brought me directly to all the beautiful architecture of Cesar Manrique...
I really enjoy his work, and the way he combined architecture and nature.
His old house is now a museum, very well preserved and clean...
So different from the times you took this photo; when it was still his house; Wild hippy parties with lots of alcohol, drugs and sex... :)

It is a pity that you cannot swim anymore in that beautiful pool where your photo is taken.
Art is best when it is alive. After that it rigid and conserved to be the same till the ends of time.

If I remember correctly, Manrique's house was featured in Playboy magazine as one of the Playboy Pads... We also went down into the lava tube place, but I reallised, once we'd gone into it a little way, that I simply had to get back out, so that's what I did, walking right back into the face of the people coming inwards. I could never work in or go down a mine. I hadn't realised until I found myself in the situation.

Rob

Rado

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 08:08:25 pm »

I've watched many Peter Lindbergh videos because I enjoy both his work and his interviews but I don't remember seeing one where's he so trigger happy. Interesting....
Pages: [1]   Go Up