Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro-1000, slow printing (long breaks between each pass)  (Read 4695 times)

henrikolsen

Canon Pro-1000, slow printing (long breaks between each pass)
« on: February 08, 2017, 05:13:51 am »

Has anyone else experiences the Pro-1000 taking long pauses between each pass?

I sometimes notice 5-10 second pauses between head passes. Printing unidirectional. The pauses are at the display side. Having done these pauses over some time (can be minutes) it picks up normal speed with consecutive passes.

Just printet a 4 x 15 cm test strip at the top of an A4 Glossy II Canon paper at highest setting, unidirectional. It took, according to Account Manager, 5 minutes and 37 seconds, for 4 cm of print.

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
Re: Canon Pro-1000, slow printing (long breaks between each pass)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 05:24:52 am »

I experienced slow printing (20min for A4) and even aborting the print twice when I printed from a laptop (Win10 64bit) with Photoshop CS2 32bit. Printing from the same laptop with LR 5.7 and PS CS5 64bit no problem.

henrikolsen

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 06:01:33 am »

Taking 25 second pauses now between passes. Highest quality, unidirectional. Running macOS Sierra. What's going on?

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 08:08:17 am »

This printer can take some time "settling down" after making a print and restarting a new print (I don't know what it's doing to itself at both phases) but I have not experienced any discontinuous or hesitating performance during a print production - it is very smooth in fact. I'm on Mac OSX El Capitan with 24 GB of RAM and 24 virtual cores (2.66 Ghz Intel Xeon); I'm sure the printer doesn't need or use a high percentage of this capacity. I'm wondering whether all the problems reported on this thread aren't more related to computer operating system and data communication with the printer - but just wondering, I have no way of knowing. I recommend raising this with Canon tech support, providing a complete description of your computing environment.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Wil_Hershberger

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 08:47:31 am »

Perhaps try setting the "Print after reception is complete" in the "Additional settings" tab of the "Print settings" dialogue.
I too am seeing some stuttering with a Canon Pro 4000 that is directly connected to the computer via ethernet. I have yet to try the above to see if it eliminates this problem.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 09:06:27 am »

Perhaps try setting the "Print after reception is complete" in the "Additional settings" tab of the "Print settings" dialogue.
I too am seeing some stuttering with a Canon Pro 4000 that is directly connected to the computer via ethernet. I have yet to try the above to see if it eliminates this problem.

I don't see such an option anywhere in the driver for the Pro-1000. Perhaps it is provided only in the larger format models.

I'm now wondering whether this could be related to file size. I was printing files up to 275MB on a Canon Pro-2000 during the testing period and experienced no such problems. This printer was connected to my laptop (MacBook Pro mid-2010 model) via USB cable and we had no problem with stuttering at that file size.

gkroeger

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 09:08:23 am »

Are you printing via WiFi or wired?  I had a similar (not quite as bad) issue with an Epson P-800. Switched from wireless to wired and no more issues.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 09:12:08 am »

Are you printing via WiFi or wired?  I had a similar (not quite as bad) issue with an Epson P-800. Switched from wireless to wired and no more issues.

OK, so lends plausibility to my suggestion of data communication as perhaps being the issue.

henrikolsen

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 09:52:32 am »

I do print wireless. Access point within two meters, and Signal quality at 92% and Link quality at 100% in web interface for printer. If it starts goofing up again, I'll try wiring it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up