Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CaptureOne, NikonD810, Manual focusing  (Read 1685 times)

rxchaos

CaptureOne, NikonD810, Manual focusing
« on: February 06, 2017, 11:26:42 pm »

I've tethered a NikonD810 to my Mac running CaptureOne (ver 10.0.2).  I have LiveView turned on and AutoFocus appears to be work the way it should.  The camera AF/M switch is set to "AF" and the lens "MA / M" is set to "M/A". 

How does one enable manual focus, and control the focus from CaptureOne. Perhaps it is not possible.  I switched the camera  AF/M switch to "M" and it is obvious to control the focus by turning the focus ring on the lens.  Is it at all possible to change the focus from C1?  I assume setting "AF/M" switch to "M" disengages any remote control of the lens.

I prefer to use manual focus; but the Mac and camera and not very near each other and it's somewhat inconvenient to view the image on the Mac and reach the focus ring on the lens simultaneously.

-c

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: CaptureOne, NikonD810, Manual focusing
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 08:16:31 am »

I've tethered a NikonD810 to my Mac running CaptureOne (ver 10.0.2).  I have LiveView turned on and AutoFocus appears to be work the way it should.  The camera AF/M switch is set to "AF" and the lens "MA / M" is set to "M/A". 

How does one enable manual focus, and control the focus from CaptureOne. Perhaps it is not possible.  I switched the camera  AF/M switch to "M" and it is obvious to control the focus by turning the focus ring on the lens.  Is it at all possible to change the focus from C1?  I assume setting "AF/M" switch to "M" disengages any remote control of the lens.

I prefer to use manual focus; but the Mac and camera and not very near each other and it's somewhat inconvenient to view the image on the Mac and reach the focus ring on the lens simultaneously.

-c

Try leaving AF on but disable focus on the shutter release.  i.e Assign it to the rear button.

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

rxchaos

Re: CaptureOne, NikonD810, Manual focusing
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 01:58:53 pm »

Try leaving AF on but disable focus on the shutter release.  i.e Assign it to the rear button.

That's what I had done initially.  Perhaps it's not possible to manually focus the lens from C1 with D810's AF/M switch is set to M.

A possible work around is to leave AF enabled, and set the D810 AF-S Priority Selection to "Release" i.e. shutter releases whether the image is in focus or not. This method lets you control focus from C1

Pages: [1]   Go Up