Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 915348 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Trump II
« Reply #6120 on: September 13, 2017, 07:47:47 am »

Soon? Did you read the article? One town is "thinking" about letting non-citizens vote on only local issues...so, it ain't Maryland as you claim. And I would add that I suspect the phrase 'cold day in hell" would describe the likelihood this happens. But hey, spread all the FUD you want...

Apparently,  you didn't read the article.   It stated in the first paragraph that there are already 10 other Maryland towns that currently have local voting by illegal aliens.   This is crazy.

What isn't clear is how an illegal is prevented from voting in national and state elections once they're on the voter rolls.   The local election officials monitoring voters would have no incentive to block the illegals from voting in presidential and other national and state elections.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6121 on: September 13, 2017, 07:55:27 am »

Jeff, here is the ultimate proof of the Russian collusion:

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6122 on: September 13, 2017, 07:58:47 am »

...a state Supreme Court decision that found those people could use out-of-state driver's license to prove their identity, as long as they meet other registration requirements.

How does that decision of the wise men in black prevent double voting?

JoeKitchen

« Reply #6123 on: September 13, 2017, 08:32:27 pm »

So many gems this week! 

Clinton won't forgive people who regret not voting in 2016

Really, it is everyone else's fault I guess.   :o
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

texshooter

« Reply #6124 on: September 13, 2017, 09:06:17 pm »

The pandemonium continues.

Look on the bright side.  Somebody had to crack open a history book to learn who was Francis Scott Key.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/13/vandals-scrawl-racist-anthem-on-francis-scott-key-monument/
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:06:40 pm by texshooter »

Otto Phocus

« Reply #6125 on: September 14, 2017, 06:48:13 am »

So many gems this week! 

It is NEVER Hillary's fault.  Ever.

For the sake of the Democratic party, she really needs to quietly fade away.  Hillary is, and in my opinion has been for a while, a liability and no longer an asset to the Democratic party.

Hillary's legacy is being probably the only candidate that could lose to a buffoon like Trump. Put that in the history books.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #6126 on: September 14, 2017, 07:24:21 am »

So many gems this week! 

I agree, Clinton was a bad candidate
The democratic party should not have let the "one horse race" run like this and rightfully paid a price for that
It even seems they're not learning from their mistake which might cost them the mid-term elections

But, get over it, the election is long past, Trump won. The way I evaluate him is that he's the worst and most wonky president the US has ever experienced. That's what this thread is about, not about the candidate/party that lost to him.
pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6127 on: September 14, 2017, 09:23:29 am »

I agree, Clinton was a bad candidate
The democratic party should not have let the "one horse race" run like this and rightfully paid a price for that
It even seems they're not learning from their mistake which might cost them the mid-term elections

But, get over it, the election is long past, Trump won. The way I evaluate him is that he's the worst and most wonky president the US has ever experienced. That's what this thread is about, not about the candidate/party that lost to him.
Your words give you away.   It still bothers you. Victory is so sweet.

pegelli

« Reply #6128 on: September 14, 2017, 09:29:43 am »

Your words give you away.   It still bothers you. Victory is so sweet.
Wishful thinking Alan, it isn't the first time you jump to the wrong conclusion what other people think.
pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6129 on: September 14, 2017, 09:44:23 am »

Trump's poll ratings have jumped from 36% to 44% favorable. Apparently Jeff must have changed his mind. :)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aol.com/amp/2017/09/11/poll-president-trump-approval-rating-surges-after-august-slump/

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6130 on: September 14, 2017, 01:21:02 pm »

Apparently, Trump's predecessor set the bar for achievements so low that it won't be too difficult for Trump to raise it: 😉

pegelli

« Reply #6131 on: September 14, 2017, 02:48:20 pm »

Trump's poll ratings have jumped from 36% to 44% favorable. Apparently Jeff must have changed his mind. :)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aol.com/amp/2017/09/11/poll-president-trump-approval-rating-surges-after-august-slump/
If you go from an E to a D- you still failed ;)

However I sincerely hope he can improve his ratings further and start governing instead of tweeting. Hate think how much worse we would be off with president Pence or Ryan.
pieter, aka pegelli

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #6132 on: September 14, 2017, 03:04:56 pm »

Well, the latest seems to be that there is some kind of deal with Dems re DACA, which is twisting some people's knickers. He is all over the map on policy, isn't he? Never a dull moment, have to give him that.

It will be interesting to see if his poll ratings continue to go up the more deals he makes with Dems and the more he ticks off the GOP. That would be too funny. How to interpret that? (Personally, I would interpret it this: ignore all polls.)

Last week, those 800,000 DACA youngsters (I don't know the age range) were public enemy No. 1. Now, not so much. Oh well, who's the "enemy" next week then? Any predictions?
--
Robert

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6133 on: September 14, 2017, 03:19:38 pm »

Only you made them "public enemy."

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6134 on: September 14, 2017, 03:43:13 pm »

"PIERS MORGAN: We all know what happened, Hillary: you’re a loser! Now get over it and give the rest of us a break"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/~/article-4880156/index.html

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6135 on: September 14, 2017, 05:16:37 pm »

"PIERS MORGAN: We all know what happened, Hillary: you’re a loser! Now get over it and give the rest of us a break"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/~/article-4880156/index.html

Slobo:  I thought it was your fault she lost!  I'm sure you're in her book somewhere. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6136 on: September 14, 2017, 05:26:27 pm »

Slobo:  I thought it was your fault she lost!  I'm sure you're in her book somewhere. 

Well, I am a white, old(er) male, so... guilty as charged 😊

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #6137 on: September 14, 2017, 05:42:51 pm »

Alan, you seem to be repeating yourself...the last time we discussed the Trump bounce he was at 46% and I talked about it in Reply #6086 on: September 11, 2017, 01:07:16 AM »

Remember?

But I wonder why he slipped from 46% to 44% in your URL...and his  Rasmussen Presidential Approval Index rating of -18 is lower than the -16 last time we talked about it. Note his Strongly Disapprove of 44% is way higher than his Strongly Approve of 26%. So, this is something you are proud about? Really?

So, let's look at the Gallup Daily: Trump Job Approval shall we? Wow, 37% approval...just over 1/3 of America think he's doing a good job.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6138 on: September 14, 2017, 05:44:39 pm »

If you go from an E to a D- you still failed ;)

However I sincerely hope he can improve his ratings further and start governing instead of tweeting. Hate think how much worse we would be off with president Pence or Ryan.

He hasn't failed. He' president until 2021.  After 8 months in the job and never having been in politics at all beforehand, I think he's getting into the swing of it.  When you started a new job, how long did it take you to get up-to-speed? 

In any case, he's made his military bones with bombing the Syrian air base.  He's become the "emphasizer-in-chief" with his warm visits to hurricane disaster areas and meeting people who are suffering.  He's learned that the establishment Republicans are full of it like he said during the nomination process, just like the Dems.  So now, after wasting his time watching Republicans trying to repeal Obamacare and looking like a Chinese fire drill, he's learned that he has to cross the aisle and bring the opposition party into the fray to get legislation passed.  Just like previous presidents had to do.  As he does it, all the complaints from Democrats especially about "grid lock" in Washington DC, will be reversed.  The public will applaud Trump for doing what Obama failed to do.   Sure, people will complain that he's not getting everything he promised during the campaign.  But people will respect Trump's practicality.  It's better to get 80% of something than 0% of everything you would have liked to get.  Deals only work when they're win-win, not win-lose.  You've got to compromise. 

Since the Senate especially requires 60 votes to stop filibustering, an impossible task currently, the opposing party has to be brought into the deal.  Either Republican Senate leadership agrees to this or they have to do away with the filibuster rule, something that Senate Leader Mitch McConnell does not want to do.  So he'll have to work with Trump to bring in Democrats and moderate Republican requirements to get legislation passed.  Democrats like Pelosi and Schumer will have to work with him as well.  Otherwise the public will blame them for stopping legislation and continuing gridlock. 

In the end, the public with applaud Trump for getting things done.  Most of his supporters will understand the process as well even though they don;t get all they expected.    Soon you'll see his popularity go above 50% as independents and others in the middle join in his approval.  Of course, the die-hard haters will continue to complain about his hair.   :)

Peter McLennan

« Reply #6139 on: September 14, 2017, 06:21:34 pm »

Soon you'll see his popularity go above 50%

We'll place about as much faith in that prediction as we did in your hurricane track prediction.
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 331   Go Up