Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 917250 times)

scyth

Re: Trump II
« Reply #5320 on: August 21, 2017, 11:38:49 am »

So, when you sow (childish) provocation, expect to reap (childish, in kind) provocation.
an intelligent (?) person like you shall see the difference between provocation and personal insult

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #5321 on: August 21, 2017, 11:42:57 am »

I wouldn't interpret "silly boy" as a personal insult.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #5322 on: August 21, 2017, 11:44:33 am »

The Left, liberal and Democrats have always used insults and demeaning comments and jokes against their opponents.  As a kid, I saw it against Eisenhower, a guy who was never a politician until he became president.  He also had awful speech leaving dangling modifiers and malapropisms.  Often, you couldn't understand the point he was trying to get too.  The Democrat press made fun of him.  Likewise with Dole, Nixon, and of course Reagan who they always implied was dumb and losing his mind.  Schewe uses it on every post, calling Trump Nazi, and jokes about everything about him.  He's accepted the left way of insulting their opposition for political points with relish.  Of course it works to a certain extent.  Especially for people who only read headlines.  But, it failed in the last election when enough people were pissed off that they saw through the insults and elected Trump anyway. 

If Trump and the Republicans are able to get their act together and pass meaningful legislation that helps the American economy, jobs, trade, health, security, Supreme Court, etc., it won't matter.  The Democrats will lose again if they run on "Trump is a Nazi" "Trump is Unqualified"  "Trump is Disturbed"  "etc."  and have no meaningful platform that helps Americans. 

Frankly, I wonder if this is Trump's strategy.  Keep the Democrats focused on wedge issues so they won't have anything important to say about the real issues Americans care about.  If all they'll talk about are bronze statues, white hoods, LGBT bathroom issues, his mental stability, and stuff like that,  they're going to lose worse.  It didn't work in the last election.  Why would it work next time? 

Insult away.

Please, when haven't politicians and the press insulted each other? Laying this exclusively or even primarily on the "left" (whatever that is) is nonsense.
--
Robert

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5323 on: August 21, 2017, 11:56:00 am »

PS: refrain from labels "toxic", your ideology is as "toxic" as theirs.

Which ideology would that be?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #5324 on: August 21, 2017, 12:07:52 pm »

so you agree that I can call you as I wish, for as long as it is not "insulting" in "my" book, old fart ?

Old fart is fine with me...it's descriptive and accurate. Now if you called me a young whipper snapper, I would be offended.

jeremyrh

« Reply #5325 on: August 21, 2017, 12:14:38 pm »

It didn't work in the last election.  Why would it work next time? 

Cos next time Trump will have to run on his record which so far is nothing but a list of failures rather than relying on just not being Hillary.

Schewe

« Reply #5326 on: August 21, 2017, 12:15:52 pm »

Another reason for Trump to resign? He's costing American taxpayers way too much money!!!

Exclusive: Secret Service depletes funds to pay agents because of Trump's frequent travel, large family

Secret Service agents walk the parade route as President Donald J. Trump's motorcade moves along.

WASHINGTON — The Secret Service can no longer pay hundreds of agents it needs to carry out an expanded protective mission – in large part due to the sheer size of President Trump's family and efforts necessary to secure their multiple residences up and down the East Coast.

Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex" Alles, in an interview with USA TODAY, said more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances that were meant to last the entire year.

The agency has faced a crushing workload since the height of the contentious election season, and it has not relented in the first seven months of the administration. Agents must protect Trump – who has traveled almost every weekend to his properties in Florida, New Jersey and Virginia – and his adult children whose business trips and vacations have taken them across the country and overseas.

"The president has a large family, and our responsibility is required in law,'' Alles said. "I can't change that. I have no flexibility.''

Alles said the service is grappling with an unprecedented number of White House protectees. Under Trump, 42 people have protection, a number that includes 18 members of his family. That's up from 31 during the Obama administration.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5327 on: August 21, 2017, 12:19:24 pm »

...and calling somebody 'boy' (if the person being called it isn't black) isn't insulting in my book..

Out of curiosity, why would that be insulting for a black guy, but not for a white guy?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5328 on: August 21, 2017, 12:31:50 pm »

Please, when haven't politicians and the press insulted each other? Laying this exclusively or even primarily on the "left" (whatever that is) is nonsense.

Nine out of 10 articles on Trump try to show him as a racist a misogynist a cheater a liar stupid insane needs therapy. You got to be kidding that the discussion is on levels above that from the left Democrat liberals.  It's smear politics. Trump supporters get it.   Its fake news. All of it.

Schewe

« Reply #5329 on: August 21, 2017, 01:01:58 pm »

Out of curiosity, why would that be insulting for a black guy, but not for a white guy?

Because that's what white slave owners used to call male black slaves...and it's still used in a rasist context of white on black insults...and although you and haven't met, I was under the impression you were of eastern european decent and as far as I know, would not be a culterural insult.

If I'm wrong I apologize...it was not intended to insult you. It was intended to attack your argument that 40k protesters were protesting free speach-which was and still is of course ridiculous as my response indicated.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #5330 on: August 21, 2017, 01:40:07 pm »

... So, when you sow (childish) provocation...

It is only childish because you are intellectually incapable, ideologically blinded, or simply lazy not willing to invest a modicum of effort to see what I wrote as genuine concern of mine, not a provocation.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #5331 on: August 21, 2017, 01:42:39 pm »

...and although you and haven't met...

We actually did, at an Epson Academy in Chicago, years back. I approached you and asked a question during a break, and you were just as rude in a face-to-face contact as you are online. Maybe because I was indeed just a boy a few years ago, and you were a grown-up, fat jerk expert in your field?

Schewe

« Reply #5332 on: August 21, 2017, 02:11:06 pm »

We actually did, at an Epson Academy in Chicago, years back. I approached you and asked a question during a break, and you were just as rude in a face-to-face contact as you are online.

If it was at a break, I was working... I was prolly consumed with making sure the the next speaker was ready to go and that we were staying on schedual. And if it was back at one of the early Print Academies, that was prolly back when I was still a smoker and was on my way out for a smoke. Either way, it wasn't anything personal and as you've noted, I'm consistent. Although if you think I've actually been rude at any time in this thread, you haven't ever seen me be rude. As Trump would say, believe me, I can be rude...I can be the rudest person on the planet!

In any event, are we clear 40K people weren't protesting free speech? I thought the cartoon on my post pretty much put an end to that argument.

DeanChriss

• http://www.dmcphoto.com
« Reply #5333 on: August 21, 2017, 02:18:45 pm »

... Its fake news. All of it.
Right. That's why he reverses himself every five minutes, has a staff turnover rate that no corporation could endure, has the White House and entire nation in chaos, has brought polarization in America to an all time high, lost the trust and respect of our allies, and failed on all but a couple things he has tied to do. And that's just for starters. He is undoubtedly the most incompetent President America has ever had.

As for this being the "normal" course of sour grapes after an election, I didn't like George W. Bush either, but he was a normal and reasonable person who just had ideas different than mine. OTOH Trump is a Twitter obsessed nut job with an obsessive need to personally "win" and tell everyone how great he is, and who seems to see life as a contest of him against everyone else. He definitely has a few screws loose. IMO.
- Dean

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #5334 on: August 21, 2017, 02:35:47 pm »

We actually did, at an Epson Academy in Chicago, years back. I approached you and asked a question during a break, and you were just as rude in a face-to-face contact as you are online. Maybe because I was indeed just a boy a few years ago, and you were a grown-up, fat jerk expert in your field?
"Hypocrite: the man who murdered both his parents... pleaded for mercy on the grounds that he was an orphan". -Abraham Lincoln
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 02:42:22 pm by digitaldog »
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #5335 on: August 21, 2017, 02:36:03 pm »

... In any event, are we clear 40K people weren't protesting free speech? I thought the cartoon on my post pretty much put an end to that argument.

No, we are not clear. I stand by my argument in full seriousness and I reject the logic in the cartoon. I am writing this at work and have no time to extrapolate, but I will at some point.

P.S. Now that we exchanged a couple of insults among ourselves, I hope we can stop and return to the regular programming, i.e., insulting only Trump
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 02:40:01 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #5336 on: August 21, 2017, 02:37:22 pm »

Ah, Andrew is baaaack!!! Welcome back!

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #5337 on: August 21, 2017, 02:41:01 pm »

insults with strikethrough are still insults. Once more will mean topic locked and bans.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 02:44:25 pm by Chris Sanderson »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #5338 on: August 21, 2017, 02:41:27 pm »

Ah, Andrew is baaaack!!! Welcome back!
Thanks. I see the rubbish machine is still going full force in these parts.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5339 on: August 21, 2017, 02:45:26 pm »

It is only childish because you are intellectually incapable, ideologically blinded, or simply lazy not willing to invest a modicum of effort to see what I wrote as genuine concern of mine, not a provocation.

So you were concerned that people like Kyle Sean Chapman aka “Based Stickman”, Joe Biggs, and a few other Alt-Right types, would be challenged (by 40,000 peaceful counter protesters) about their constitutional free (hate)speech contribution to an Alt-right Ralley? If so, then I apologize for not recognizing your true intentions, giving a podium to White Supremacists. The crystal ball apparently was still suffering (tear gas and smoke) from the Charlottesville events.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 02:48:44 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 331   Go Up