Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 916883 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Trump II
« Reply #4480 on: July 27, 2017, 08:27:27 pm »

Did it sever while it was he or when it already was a post op she ?

You mean like - did they sever something from the body? I guess, in both cases they could.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4481 on: July 27, 2017, 08:51:32 pm »

Top Trump lieutenant Scaramucci lashes colleagues in obscene rant
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-priebus-idUSKBN1AC2L4?il=0

QUOTE  July 27, 2017 / 6:07 PM  (at this moment, a full quote) "WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Open warfare erupted inside President Donald Trump's inner circle as his new communications director, Anthony Scaramucci, attacked senior White House colleagues in obscene comments published on Thursday.

Scaramucci blasted White House chief of staff Reince Priebus and Trump's chief strategist, Steve Bannon, in an article in The New Yorker based on a telephone conversation on Wednesday night between one of the magazine's correspondents and Scaramucci.

Amid a stream of vulgar language, the former Wall Street financier named to the communications post last Friday called Priebus a "fucking paranoid schizophrenic" and accused Bannon of trying to build his own brand "off the fucking strength of the president."

In a Twitter message after the article appeared online, Scaramucci said: "I sometimes use colorful language. I will refrain in this arena but not give up the passionate fight for @realDonaldTrump's agenda."

Asked about the article, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said the administration was focused on healthcare and other items. "I don't have anything else to add," she said.

Priebus and Bannon had no comment. "

As I've predicted, "It looks like this is only the beginning of more ugly things". And Scaramucci is not even officially in function yet.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:58:19 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #4482 on: July 27, 2017, 09:12:51 pm »

Scaramucci . . . called Priebus a "fucking paranoid schizophrenic" and accused Bannon of trying to build his own brand "off the fucking strength of the president."

I don't understand why you find this distressing.  We finally have an authoritative if somewhat picante acknowledgement from what may be at the moment the most powerful official in the Trump Administration who is not a member of the Trump family (but only for the moment, given the mercurial moods of the Tweeter-in-Chief) that there is an epidemic of mental illness in the White House.

It's high time for a candid discussion of political pathology.  Isn't that supposed to be the first step toward recovery?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4483 on: July 27, 2017, 09:26:48 pm »

I don't understand why you find this distressing.  We finally have an authoritative if somewhat picante acknowledgement from what may be at the moment the most powerful official in the Trump Administration who is not a member of the Trump family (but only for the moment, given the mercurial moods of the Tweeter-in-Chief) that there is an epidemic of mental illness in the White House.

It's high time for a candid discussion of political pathology.  Isn't that supposed to be the first step toward recovery?
Every organization needs a hatchet man.  Scarramucci is Trump's.  They're both from Queens, like to rattle people and take no prisoners.  A perfect match. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4484 on: July 27, 2017, 09:34:02 pm »

No need to become insulting. I have not lost my faculties, and I do not intend to drop to Trump's (or his supporter's) level of incoherence.

Maybe I need to remind you of the vision from the more influential economies of our world?

U.S. no longer a 'friend' in Merkel election program
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-election-merkel-usa-idUSKBN19O1NS

QUOTE  July 3, 2017 / 4:29 PM  "BERLIN (Reuters) - In their campaign program for the German election, Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives have dropped the term "friend" in describing the relationship with the United States.

Four years ago, the joint program of her Christian Democratic Union (CDU) and its Bavarian sister party, the Christian Social Union (CSU), referred to the United States as Germany's "most important friend" outside of Europe.

The 2013 program also described the "friendship" with Washington as a "cornerstone" of Germany's international relations and talked about strengthening transatlantic economic ties through the removal of trade barriers.

But the words "friend" and "friendship" are missing from the latest election program - entitled "For a Germany in which we live well and happily" - which Merkel and CSU leader Horst Seehofer presented on Monday ahead of a Sept. 24 election.

Instead, the United States is described as Germany's "most important partner" outside of Europe. CDU officials were not immediately available to comment on the change in wording.

The change in wording underscores how relations between Berlin and Washington have deteriorated since U.S. President Donald Trump entered the White House in January."

The USA has become a second rate ally, a "partner" or now even less, a potential threat ...

Cheers,
Bart
Lighten up Bart.  The Germans aren't going to leave us.  What are they going to do?  Stop selling us Mercedes and BMW's?  Increase defense spending to 3% so they can stop a Russian invasion by themselves?  Anyway, you've been the one complaining that Trump is in Russia's corner saying he's colluded with them.  Now that our Congress agrees and has instituted strong sanctions, you're complaining that we shouldn't be so tough on the Russkies. Trump was trying to make nice with them.  But you didn't let him.   You reap what you sow.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #4485 on: July 28, 2017, 12:40:28 am »

Wow... Anthony Scaramucci hates Reince Priebus & Steve Bannon...
Get out the popcorn!

Scaramucci targets Priebus, Bannon in expletive-ridden call with reporter

White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci responded this evening to an article detailing an expletive-ridden phone conversation New Yorker reporter Ryan Lizza says he had with Scaramucci wherein he criticized key members of the Trump administration's senior staff.

“I sometimes use colorful language. I will refrain in this arena but not give up the passionate fight for @realDonaldTrump's agenda. #MAGA,” Scaramucci said in a tweet this evening after the article posted.

Anthony Scaramucci  ✔ @Scaramucci
I sometimes use colorful language. I will refrain in this arena but not give up the passionate fight for @realDonaldTrump's agenda. #MAGA
5:23 PM - Jul 27, 2017

He later added, appearing to blame Lizza for publishing the exchange, "I made a mistake in trusting in a reporter. It won't happen again."

Anthony Scaramucci  ✔ @Scaramucci
I made a mistake in trusting in a reporter. It won't happen again.
7:50 PM - Jul 27, 2017

Scaramucci was responding to an article posted on The New Yorker's website (warning: this article contains offensive language), in which Lizza detailed the call that Lizza says the two had about Scaramucci’s hunt for leakers within the administration and his frustration with certain key members of the Trump administration, including Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and Chief Strategist Steve Bannon.

At one point, Scaramucci called Priebus a “f------ paranoid schizophrenic.”

Hum...if looks could kill they probably will...one of them is gonna be gone!

The problem is that Scaramucci has a potential $180 million conflict of interest which might make his current job questionable.

The $180 million conflict that kept Scaramucci out of the White House in January has only gotten shadier

Let's not be naive. If I told you that a firm with ties to a sometimes adversarial foreign power was trying to overpay a Trump administration official for their now struggling business, you might say, "Gee, that seems like a conflict the White House doesn't need right now." But here we are.

New White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci has joined the Trump administration with a $180 million conflict of interest hanging over his head. It's the same conflict that reportedly kept him out of the White House months ago, and it's only gotten stickier since then.

Scaramucci is selling his $5.6 billion financial firm, SkyBridge Capital, to a number of investors. Chief among them is a Chinese financial firm with strong ties to ruling Communist Party, called the HNA Group. Already, Bloomberg outlined that HNA and its fellow investors seem to be paying multiples more for SkyBridge than a firm like this would normally be valued at. But the sale has also been dragging on for months, and as it has we've seen the questions about HNA, its ownership structure, and its financing rise out of the murky world of big Chinese business.

Now, this all sounds pretty strange as is. But it gets even stranger when you understand what SkyBridge is, what HNA is, and what's been holding up the sale and Scaramucci's pay day. (Hint: It's the US government.)

When you understand that, you'll also understand why this sale to the Chinese was the reason why White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus didn't want Scaramucci too close to the president, according to some close to the administration. It's also why Priebus was cut out of the loop during Scaramucci's lightning fast hiring last week.

I do have to give The Mooch props and creds for coming up with a really interesting mental visual regarding Steve Bannon..

Anthony Scaramucci Accuses Steve Bannon of Self Fellatio in Wild Interview
[can we say Fellatio on LuLa?]

File this in your TMI file: Trump’s newly-minted communications director isn’t into self-felatio.

Insisting he had no interest in media attention, Anthony Scaramucci took a shot at Trump’s chief strategist, telling the New Yorker: “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own c–.”

“I’m not trying to build my own brand off the f—ing strength of the president,” he added. “I’m here to serve the country.”

So, there ya go...this is the way Donald Trump's White House Communications Director talks...this is gonna make press briefing interesting from a censor's point of view. I guess Scaramucci will have to be on a time delay...

Schewe

« Reply #4486 on: July 28, 2017, 12:52:44 am »

Donald Trump Continues to Attack Women Because He's a Fragile Dimwit
BY JAY WILLIS

Threatening Alaska senator Lisa Murkowski is just the latest example.

On Tuesday, 50 Republican senators and one vice president voted to open debate and force a vote on a health care reform bill that, even as I write this sentence, still isn't in anything resembling a final form. Lisa Murkowski, the senior senator from Alaska who was just elected to her third term in November, was one of only two Republican legislators to withhold their support from the measure, and because Donald Trump is an elementary school bully who learned everything he knows about leadership from watching clips of the Koba Kai dojo sensei from The Karate Kid, he reportedly responded by calling Murkowski and threatening to take revenge against her entire state. From the Alaska Dispatch News:

By that afternoon, each of Alaska's two Republican senators had received a phone call from Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke letting them know the vote had put Alaska's future with the administration in jeopardy.

Uh-huh.

Alaska Sen. Dan Sullivan said the call from Zinke heralded a "troubling message."
"I'm not going to go into the details, but I fear that the strong economic growth, pro-energy, pro-mining, pro-jobs and personnel from Alaska who are part of those policies are going to stop," Sullivan said.

"I tried to push back on behalf of all Alaskans. … We're facing some difficult times and there's a lot of enthusiasm for the policies that Secretary Zinke and the president have been talking about with regard to our economy. But the message was pretty clear," Sullivan said. The Interior secretary also contacted Murkowski, he said.

And, of course:

Donald J. Trump  ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Senator @lisamurkowski of the Great State of Alaska really let the Republicans, and our country, down yesterday. Too bad!
6:13 AM - Jul 26, 2017

Murkowski, to her credit, responded to the president's latest spate of vacuous nonsense with a statement that translates loosely from Senate-speak as "I don't give a shit."

I am in a position where I’m not looking to reelection until 2022. That’s a long time away. And quite honestly, I don’t think it’s wise to be operating on a daily basis thinking about [how] a statement or a response causes you to be fearful of your electoral prospects. We’re here to govern. We’re here to legislate. We’re here to represent the people that sent us here. Every day shouldn’t be about campaigning. Every day shouldn’t be about winning elections. How about just doing a little bit of governing around here? That’s what I’m here for.

The Donald doesn't take to strong women very well...

Schewe

« Reply #4487 on: July 28, 2017, 01:04:13 am »

Well, any time you have the words Dominatrix and Trump ya gotta look, right?

Donald Trump’s Dominatrix

At this point I think it’s fair to say that Donald Trump has gone beyond taunting and demonizing Hillary Clinton to a realm of outright obsession.

He’s stalking her.

He can’t stop tweeting about her. Can’t stop muttering about her. On Monday he addressed tens of thousands of boy scouts at their Jamboree, and who should pop up in his disjointed thoughts and disheveled words? Clinton. He dinged her, yet again, for having ignored voters in Michigan, which he won.

--snip--

But Trump doesn’t meet his audiences on their terms. He uses each as a sounding board for his vanities, insecurities, delusions and fixations. Clinton factors mightily into all of these. She’s his psychological dominatrix.

At least they could if Trump would shut up about her. I understand that he misses her, but, sheesh, send some Godiva chocolates and move on.

I can wait to find out what Trump does when Hillary's book comes out in Sept.

Hillary Clinton lets her "guard down" in new memoir after stunning election defeat

For the first time since her stunning 2016 presidential election defeat to Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton reveals personal details of the unprecedented campaign through her tell-all book "What Happened."

Publisher Simon & Schuster says the memoir, due out Sept. 12, details Clinton's experience of becoming the first woman nominated for president by a major party during an historic election "marked by rage, sexism, exhilarating highs and infuriating lows, stranger-than-fiction twists, Russian interference, and an opponent who broke all the rules."

In the introduction of the novel, Clinton writes: "In the past, for reasons I try to explain, I've often felt I had to be careful in public, like I was up on a wire without a net. Now I'm letting my guard down."   

The ultimate Trump troll?

Otto Phocus

« Reply #4488 on: July 28, 2017, 10:12:02 am »

Evidently in her book she reveals why she lost the election

It was not because of her expensive but poorly run campaign
It was not because she has the charisma of a bowl of tapioca
It was not her demonstrated below average successes as a Senator and SoS
It was not because of her shady business dealings
It was not because of her pay to play shenanigans with foreign "contributions" to the CGI (that coincidentally faded away once she lost) 
It was not because of her lack of being able to speak eloquently and be able to persuade people
It was not her lack of ability to make political deals even among her own party
It was not because she was generally disliked by citizens from both parties
It was not because she alienated large sectors of the voting population
It was not because she failed to appeal to the working classes
It was not because (insert multiple reasons)

The real reason she lost the election was

(drum roll)

She was too powerful a woman and the "system" was against her.

(facepalm)

She just does not get it.  Hillary' legacy is that she was probably the only candidate that could possibly lose against Trump.

No hurry to order this book, I am sure it will be on the shelves for a long long time.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4489 on: July 28, 2017, 10:30:47 am »

Lighten up Bart.  The Germans aren't going to leave us.  What are they going to do?

It's real simple. They will forge better deals with competitors to the USA. A Japanese Trade deal has been signed at the G20 summit, and the number of deals with China is growing fast. It's not the direct trade between Germany and the USA, unless Trump increase import duties, but it's more about the rest of the global economy. For example, China is already a larger importer of cars from Germany than from the USA. When the Chinese start buying even more German cars, they will buy proportionally fewer American cars.

Anyway, you've been the one complaining that Trump is in Russia's corner saying he's colluded with them.

Not true. We do not know if Trump or his Campain members have colluded with the USA.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Peter McLennan

« Reply #4490 on: July 28, 2017, 11:10:54 am »

Well said, Chris.

Schewe

« Reply #4491 on: July 28, 2017, 01:11:33 pm »

Is this serious?  Is she really writing a book stating how she feels she lost?  And are you promoting it? 

Wow you really hate her huh? What did she ever do to bring forth that level of hate? I mean at least Trump has a career of doing and saying hateworthy things...

And yes th book and title are real and no I'm not promoting it but pointing out the odds are Trump will become fixated by what she writes (well fixated by what people think ho read the book and go running to Trump to tell him).

You figure the Donald will EVER quit mentioning his election win over her?

Yeah me neither :-)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 01:39:43 pm by Schewe »

Schewe

« Reply #4492 on: July 28, 2017, 01:59:14 pm »

Well, aside from thinking repeal and replace would be easy piezy

Where Trump went wrong on healthcare

Hollywood script-writers couldn't have staged it any better.

At roughly 1:30 on Friday morning, John McCain approached the dais on the floor of the Senate. Votes on the latest Republican healthcare reform plan had mostly been recorded, and it was clear that the Arizona senator would be the difference between success and failure.
Mr McCain held his right arm out, palm down. It was his good arm, the one not crippled by the plane crash in Vietnam that left him a prisoner of war for more than five years.

After a pause he turned his hand, like a Roman emperor passing judgement at a gladiator match, and pointed his thumb toward the ground.

"No," he said, amid gasps and a smattering of applause by stunned - and jubilant - Democrats.
For the first time in a long while, politics in Washington weren't at Veep-level absurdity or House of Cards intrigue. It was high drama, with a decorated hero playing the leading role.

Off to one side, New York Senator Chuck Schumer - leader of the Senate Democrats - waved for his side to stay calm. The enormity of Mr McCain's move was obvious, but he didn't want his party to be accused of gloating.

The look in Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's eyes, and the catch in his throat as he spoke after the gavel sounded the bill's death knell, said it all, however.

This wasn't just a glancing blow - a temporary setback for reform efforts akin to the countless others that had occurred during the Obamacare repeal's winding legislative course.

When Mr McCain lowered his thumb in the early hours of Friday, he was signalling the downward spiral of the president's legislative agenda.

An honorable man...karma's a bitch huh Donald?

The irony is that the man that lost to Obama just saved ObamaCare....perhaps now the Congress will take a cue from McCain and engage in actual nonpartisan discussions and debate on healthcare–which both the Democrats and Republicans should have done years ago...

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4493 on: July 28, 2017, 03:50:49 pm »

It's real simple. They will forge better deals with competitors to the USA. A Japanese Trade deal has been signed at the G20 summit, and the number of deals with China is growing fast. It's not the direct trade between Germany and the USA, unless Trump increase import duties, but it's more about the rest of the global economy. For example, China is already a larger importer of cars from Germany than from the USA. When the Chinese start buying even more German cars, they will buy proportionally fewer American cars.

Not true. We do not know if Trump or his Campain members have colluded with the USA.

Cheers,
Bart
Regarding forging better deals, the whole argument that Germany will stop doing business with America or with anyone else is just silly.  Do they like Communist China better?   Why, because they're piqued over what Trump said about the 2%?  That he doesn't feel trade arrangements are fair with the Eu and Germany?  Germany will do what every country does.  Make the best deal they can with anyone so they can sell their products or manufacturer products overseas because it's cheaper.

Regarding what the Congress did with Russian sanctions, I meant to say Russian interference in the American elections, not colluding.  You and others have faulted them, and rightly so, for doing that.  So now, the Congress has acted and imposed sanctions.  So Europe may get hurt because of it.  Reminder that Russia has also interfered with European elections.  Why aren't you taking the same action as the American Congress?  Because it comes down to money.  You want to continue to buy cheaper gas and oil from Russia.  You see it's easy to tell America what to do when you don't have to do it yourself and pay any penalties.  Now that you're getting stuck with a bill, you don't like it.  America as usual has to take the hard road and high road for you because Europe doesn't have the balls to stick their own necks out and take a hit by imposing their own sanctions for election interference.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4494 on: July 28, 2017, 04:00:38 pm »

Well, aside from thinking repeal and replace would be easy piezy

An honorable man...karma's a bitch huh Donald?

The irony is that the man that lost to Obama just saved ObamaCare....perhaps now the Congress will take a cue from McCain and engage in actual nonpartisan discussions and debate on healthcare–which both the Democrats and Republicans should have done years ago...
You're right,  Jeff.  It is Karma.  It has nothing to do with health care or regular Senate order or the Republican agenda.  That's all BS from McCain.  This is McCain's revenge served as cold desert regarding Trump's stupid and insensitive comments during the campaign about McCain's patriotism during Viet Nam and his imprisonment by the vile North Vietnamese who tortured him.  It's payback, pure and simple, against Trump. 

Petrus

« Reply #4495 on: July 28, 2017, 05:32:34 pm »

It's payback, pure and simple, against Trump.

Or compassion towards the tens of millions of fellow Americans who would have lost medical care which he can (presumably) afford.

Schewe

« Reply #4496 on: July 28, 2017, 06:34:06 pm »

It's payback, pure and simple, against Trump.

It's Karma all right but it ain't payback. I guess you didn't hear McCain's speach when he returned the the Senate? If you had the you would have heard he telegraphed his vote. He said the Senate had to get back to the regular order and do things in a bipartisan manner-he slammed the dems for doing it in a partisan manner 7 years ago.

Hopefully the Senate will get the message and reach out the to the dems to do what's needed for America and not just the GOP.

This could be a pivotal point in McCain's career if they do before he dies...

James Clark

« Reply #4497 on: July 28, 2017, 06:38:25 pm »

You're right,  Jeff.  It is Karma.  It has nothing to do with health care or regular Senate order or the Republican agenda.  That's all BS from McCain.  This is McCain's revenge served as cold desert regarding Trump's stupid and insensitive comments during the campaign about McCain's patriotism during Viet Nam and his imprisonment by the vile North Vietnamese who tortured him.  It's payback, pure and simple, against Trump.

Regardless of the reason, it's hard to argue that it wasn't the right thing to do.  Whether you are for or against the ACA, the "skinny repeal" - essentially leaving all the costs of the ACA while downsizing the risk pool - was about the stupidest "solution" that could have been attempted.  It was a straight attempt at a political "win" - nothing more, nothing less - and the 49 that voted for it are lower than slime.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:17:04 pm by James Clark »

Schewe

« Reply #4498 on: July 28, 2017, 09:53:46 pm »

The Big Orange Dummy thought he could muscle his way to power in Washington...yeah, well, not so much.

Bully-in-Chief Gets Schooled in the Ways of Washington

President Donald Trump was hit with a major loss Friday morning, when the Senate failed to pass a partial
repeal of the Affordable Care Act. (WIN MCNAMEE/GETTY IMAGES)

What worked with hotel workers and real estate developers was the wrong approach to upper-chamber pols.

He threatened. He tweeted. He lost.

President Donald Trump might be forgiven for thinking he could bully U.S. senators to vote for a measure even GOP lawmakers said they did not actually want to become law. They needed a win, the president needed a win and the bare-knuckled tactics had worked before, helping him to win the presidential election.

Instead, Trump was hit with a major loss in the wee hours of Friday morning, when three tough-as-nails Republican senators joined a united Democratic caucus to defeat a partial repeal of the Affordable Care Act. Republicans promised that the so-called "skinny repeal," which would have eliminated the health insurance mandate of Obamacare, was just a vehicle to force a negotiating session with the House on a more comprehensive package.

That wasn't enough for GOP Sens. Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, and most dramatically, John McCain of Arizona, who didn't let an aggressive brain tumor or last-ditch, on-the-floor lobbying by Vice President Mike Pence stop him from giving a quietly defiant thumbs-down to the proposal.

"There is a reason why the famous political scientist Richard Neustadt said years ago that presidential power is the power to persuade. Not the power to command - to persuade," says Whit Ayres, a veteran GOP consultant and pollster. Trump, Ayres says, tried to bully lawmakers and suffered a backlash. And it was predictable to anyone who can do the math, he notes.

"Many of these senators are more popular in their states than Donald Trump is. Most of the senators who won re-election in 2016 ran ahead of Donald Trump in their states," Ayres adds. "That means that those senators tend to think the president owes them, rather than that they owe the president."

Trump crowed about being a master dealmaker, but "he's just proven that he's an amateur. He certainly doesn't understand how Congress works," says University of Akron political science professor David B. Cohen, who is co-authoring a book on the White House chief of staff position.

Maybe a retired Marine general as chief of staff might be able to make Trump become presidential...yea, prolly not :~(

Schewe

« Reply #4499 on: July 28, 2017, 10:18:00 pm »

Donald Trump's manic, fantastical and utterly disastrous week

So, how do you like me now folks?

(CNN)Quick: Think back to Monday. Can you remember what happened at the White House and in Congress?

Chances are that you can't. In fact, if you're like most of the political world, Monday feels as if it happened a month ago.
This is the nature of time in the Donald Trump presidency. There are so many storylines every single day that it's impossible to keep up with them even for a 24-hour news cycle. Some of this is, of course, strategy on the part of the President -- if you throw 1,000 balls in the air, any one person can only hope to focus on a few in hopes of catching them.

But, ascribing strategy to every ball Trump throws may be giving him and his White House too much credit. The truth is that this is a President who creates chaos in and around him. He acts, and then watches the wildness that ensues. The plan, seemingly, is that there is no plan.

He's the man knocking down the first domino in a massive chain that spiders in a thousand different directions. Or, maybe even more apt: He's smashing the ice on a thinly frozen pond and watching as the cracks spread out around him -- endangering both himself and anyone else unlucky enough to be sharing the ice with him.

Every week at the manic pace Trump keeps feels like a blur -- none more than this week, in which the President and his administration lurched from controversy to cataclysm to convulsion and back, all in the space of five days.
Let's go through the week that was:

To save some people eyes from having to read, here's the lowlights...

Monday: Tweets attacking the "Beleaguered Sessions" and Monday evening was the Boy Scouts of America political speech...

Tuesday: Tweets attacking Sessions again asking why Hillary isn't being investigated then back on the road to  Youngstown, Ohio where he declares himself the 2nd most presidential president since Lincoln.

Wednesday: Tweets again getting the Pentagon in a tizzy by saying "After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow......" and waiting 9 minutes before banning transgender people from the military, without telling the military. Wed note was the dinner with Anthony Scaramucci, Sean Hannity and former Fox News executive Bill Shine. Scaramucci tweets about the leak and attacks Reince Priebus as a leaker then deletes the tweet.

Thursday: The day began with a 30-minute phone interview between Scaramucci and CNN's Chris Cuomo that was beyond odd. Scaramucci repeatedly insisted he had the confidence of the President, that he was acting and speaking at the President's behest and that he was on a mission to find and exterminate the leaks coming out of the White House. "Those are the types of leaks that are so treasonous that 150 years ago, people would have been hung for those types of leaks," Scaramucci told Cuomo in one of the many, many eye-popping quotes of the interview. Shortly after 5 p.m. ET, the New Yorker's Ryan Lizza posted a first person account of a phone conversation he had Wednesday evening with Scaramucci following a tweet revealing the dinner. Scaramucci was incensed, repeatedly insisting he would fire everyone in the communications department to get to the bottom of the leaks as well as blasting Priebus as a "paranoid schizophrenic" and describing an acrobatic act that it was hard to imagine chief strategist Steve Bannon pulling off. Scaramucci responded to it all by blaming the press: "I made a mistake in trusting in a reporter. It won't happen again."

Thursday was also apparently when Reince Priebus secretly resigned (was fired?) from the White House (as foretold by Scaramucci it seems).

Friday:  Just hours into the day, three Senate Republicans -- Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski and John McCain -- broke ranks with their 49 other colleagues, voting against the so-called "skinny repeal" of Obamacare. The dramatic vote in which McCain -- newly returned to the nation's capitol from Arizona after a brain cancer diagnosis -- cast the deciding vote was straight out of "West Wing."

Later in the day Trump delivered a humdinger of a speech to police officers in Long Island on the dangers posed by the MS-13 gang, which he derided as "animals." He also appeared to condone violence against criminals; "And when you see these towns and when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon — you just see them thrown in, rough — I said, please don't be too nice," Trump said.

Just before 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Trump announced -- via Twitter -- that he had fired Reince Priebus as chief of staff and replaced him with John Kelly, the secretary of the Department of Homeland Security.

Just another typical week on the reality show titled "Trump's White House". Hopefully, the show will be cancelled after the 2018 elections and the democrats get enough votes to take over the House and Senate and bounce Trump's big fat ass out of Washington...
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 331   Go Up