Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 916412 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Trump II
« Reply #2820 on: May 22, 2017, 08:43:06 am »

Leicas around your neck.  "I've arrived."   Racist?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2821 on: May 22, 2017, 08:47:07 am »

You didn't look too hard...

You are right, one has to look real hard to find those. And even then, they are mostly staged, stock shots meant as a parody of the very subculture we are talking about.

Besides, those chains are pathetic. Nothing like this:

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2822 on: May 22, 2017, 11:46:26 am »

We men know what ostentatious and gaudy things are used for...

Hole getting deeper..."not guilty your honor, I wasn't trying to be racist, I was just trying to be sexist".

(Is that working for anybody else?)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2823 on: May 22, 2017, 11:54:49 am »

Hole getting deeper..."not guilty your honor, I wasn't trying to be racist, I was just trying to be sexist"...

I am sure that in your wet dream, we would be taken to court, sentenced, and jailed for being racist or sexist, or anything else in words and thoughts. Fortunately, the 1st amendment still stands. You would have to work harder to repeal it.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2824 on: May 22, 2017, 11:58:06 am »

Hole getting deeper..."not guilty your honor, I wasn't trying to be racist, I was just trying to be sexist".

(Is that working for anybody else?)
Not sexist,  sexy.  :)

Schewe

« Reply #2825 on: May 22, 2017, 12:08:02 pm »

Fortunately, the 1st amendment still stands.

I think you are confusing me with Trump...he's the one who wants to throw journalists in jail. We're still living in America where free speech is protected. However, ignorant, racist or sexist hate speach (or any of a host of hate based topics) is not free to stand uncommented on when spewed forth.

Keep digging 😀

Schewe

« Reply #2826 on: May 22, 2017, 03:23:34 pm »

And now, back to Trump content...very funny if you are not a Trump supporter.

John Oliver: Donald Trump’s Last Seven Days “Absolutely Insane”

UPDATED with video: Last week in “Donald Trump” was so nuts that John Oliver was forced to devote virtually all of Last Week Tonight to talking about it.

“The last seven days have been absolutely insane – so much so that, by Friday night, it may have broken Anderson Cooper,” Oliver acknowledged.

He’s of course referring to Cooper’s Friday show, during which the host interrupted Trump surrogate Jeffrey Lord as he defended yet another indefensible Trump statement, saying, “If [Trump] took a dump on his desk you would defend him.”

“And, more importantly, Jeffrey Lord did not immediately answer, ‘No,'” Oliver laughed.

Here's the entire show on YouTube

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2827 on: May 22, 2017, 03:27:49 pm »

...However, ignorant, racist or sexist hate speach (or any of a host of hate based topics) is not free to stand uncommented on when spewed forth....

Ok, then... time to go back to the original intent of this thread: hateful, deranged attacks on the President of the United States, based of twisted, fabricated "scandals" and fake news. Which will not stand uncommented on when spewed forth.

Schewe

« Reply #2828 on: May 22, 2017, 03:32:35 pm »

Ok then how about some fact checking Trump (a full time job)?

...here's a story to help.

Fact Checking President Trump’s Statements on His First Foreign Trip

Here's a new U.S. export: President Donald Trump's exaggerations about his record.

In his speech in Saudi Arabia on Sunday during his first foreign trip as president, Trump claimed to have accomplished record spending on the armed forces, even though Congress has yet to pass a budget that reflects his plans and promises. Trump releases a detailed budget proposal Tuesday after having come up only with an outline before, and nothing is achieved until and unless Congress passes something.

Trump often takes credit for accomplishments that have yet to be realized or that were the work of his predecessor, as he did last week when boasting about a Coast Guard icebreaker that the Obama administration started. But it was his first opportunity to do so abroad.

Trump's foreign trip came as something of a break from the storm over the investigation into his 2016 campaign's relationship with Russia. That episode prompted a number of questionable statements by the president and his aides. Here's a review of claims on various matters over the past week:

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2829 on: May 22, 2017, 03:44:50 pm »

Speaking about Pinocchio:

Schewe

« Reply #2830 on: May 22, 2017, 03:45:49 pm »

Meanwhile the Trump admin is hoping that the attention will be on Trump, Russia, etc while they role out a draconian budget.

White House pitches budget as welfare reform

The Trump administration wants to take an ax to the safety net in order to balance the budget.

The Trump administration is billing its budget as a plan to “reform the welfare system” and replace “dependency with dignity of work,” while saving $274 billion over 10 years, according to a 4 page memo obtained by POLITICO.

The White House budget, to be released Tuesday, will suggest taking an ax to safety net programs like food stamps and popular family benefits like the child tax credit, in order to achieve the ambitious goal of balancing the federal budget over a decade.

“A New Foundation for American Greatness"
This is gonna be absolutely great for the wealthy 1%
but if you are poor, you are screwed...
but it's ok, it's not personal, it's just business...

Schewe

« Reply #2831 on: May 22, 2017, 03:55:46 pm »

"Lock him up"

Letter: Michael Flynn cites ‘public frenzy,’ invokes 5th Amendment

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, invoked his constitutional right against self-incrimination on Monday and declined to hand over documents sought under subpoena by a Senate panel investigating Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election.

In a letter to the Senate intelligence committee , Flynn’s attorneys justified the decision by citing an “escalating public frenzy against him” and saying the Justice Department’s recent appointment of a special counsel has created a legally dangerous environment for him to cooperate with the panel’s investigation.

“The context in which the committee has called for General Flynn’s testimonial production of documents makes clear that he has more than a reasonable apprehension that any testimony he provides could be used against him,” the attorneys wrote in the letter, which was obtained by the AP.

The Russia story is gonna be like a centipede wearing a lot of shoes yet to drop (credit for the concept to Senator John McCain).

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2832 on: May 22, 2017, 04:10:03 pm »

So far the only illegality that we know of was Flynn did work as a lobbyist  for Russia and Turkey before filing as a lobbyist. 

On a separate note, McCain has been stewing quietly for what Trump said about him during the campaign.  I keep thinking about the saying that revenge is never as sweet as when it's served as cold desert. 

Schewe

« Reply #2833 on: May 22, 2017, 04:19:18 pm »

Now, about that glowing orb...

WHY DONALD TRUMP TOUCHED A GLOWING ORB IN SAUDI ARABIA

A picture of Donald Trump, Saudi Arabia’s King Salman and Egyptian President Abdel Fatah al-Sissi with their hands on a glowing orb has the internet confused—prompting comparisons with Lord of the Rings, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace and other films.

In reality, the widely shared photograph depicts Trump, King Salman and al-Sissi at the opening of the Global Center for Combating Extremist Ideology in Riyadh.

During the center’s opening ceremony, the leaders placed their hands on the globe in a gesture of solidarity to launch the center.

Creeeeeepy!

Schewe

« Reply #2834 on: May 22, 2017, 04:33:48 pm »

Ooooops, he stepped in it again...

Speaking to reporters beside Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, May 22, President Trump denied ever mentioning Israel in a meeting
with Russian officials in the Oval Office on May 10. (The Washington Post)

Trump said what?!?

If only it were a “Saturday Night Live” sketch. The Associated Press reports:

President Donald Trump says he never “mentioned the word or the name Israel” during a recent conversation with top Russian diplomats.

Speaking alongside Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Trump was referencing revelations that he divulged classified information about an Islamic State threat in a recent meeting with Russia’s foreign minister and ambassador.

U.S. officials said the information originated from Israel.

Trump says, “I never mentioned the word or the name Israel in that conversation.” But it was never alleged that Trump told the Russians that Israel was the source of the intelligence, just that he shared the information with the Russians.

Moreover, by conveying his message in Israel, he obviously confirmed that the information came from Israel.

Former CIA director Michael Hayden reacted to this forehead-slapping blunder via email:

Choice one.     Say nothing.

Choice two.    If FORCED to comment, say no specific sources were mentioned.

Choice three.   Don’t use choice two standing next to the Israeli prime minister.

Was Trump “exhausted,” as a briefer claimed yesterday in explaining why he muffed the phrase “Islamic extremism” in his speech in Saudi Arabia? If so, we are reminded that a 70-year-old obese man with a horrible diet and refusal to exercise (except for a weekend of golf) may not have the wherewithal to make it through the rigors of the presidency. He was only a couple of days into the trip when, apparently, he couldn’t spit out his lines correctly. The alternative explanation is that he is not, as he famously said, “I'm like a smart person” That realization should petrify both Americans and our allies and entice our enemies, who are probably convinced they can fool the hapless president again and again.

Trump’s error is so laughably horrible it left many observers shaking their heads. “I can’t imagine why the President would be commenting on this in a public setting on camera,” said former ambassador Eric S. Edelman. “To the extent that information was unintentionally shared in the conversations with the Russians, he will now be seen to be confirming the origin. It is just further evidence of his total lack of understanding of the uses and abuses of classified information.

Wow, he was doing so good reading off the teleprompter! Too bad he's not "like a smart person".

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2835 on: May 22, 2017, 04:44:26 pm »

Oh, come on! It was the American press who outed Israel a week or so ago.

Schewe

« Reply #2836 on: May 22, 2017, 04:49:05 pm »

Donald Trump is “exhausted,” his staffers say, and that’s why he’s committing some gaffes

A senior White House official said Trump's Islamist/Islamic slip-up was due to him being "exhausted"

The White House wants you to believe that President Donald Trump didn’t mean to offend Muslim audiences when he referred to Islamist extremism as “Islamic extremism.”

He was just an “exhausted guy.”

That’s what an unnamed senior White House official told CNN on Monday, claiming that Trump intended to say “Islamist extremism” but said “Islamic extremism” because he was “just an exhausted guy” by the time he delivered the speech. The prepared remarks do indeed show Trump saying “Islamist extremism,” which is the correct term when referring to the political movements that attempt to create governments based around Islamic theological precepts.

Such a busy boy...

Actually, I do think he bit off a lot and will likely be paying for it (as we are paying for his trip) and he DID mean to use the correct phrase but it's still totally hypocritical consider this...

Radical Islamic terrorism: The dogma that didn't bark in Trump's speech

President Trump is receiving generally high marks, even from some of his usual critics, for the speech he delivered Sunday in Saudi Arabia at the Arab Islamic American Summit – especially for his conciliatory comments toward Islam, which he called “one of the world’s great faiths.”

Of course, the Twittersphere had a field day contrasting the tone and careful language of the speech with Trump’s previous pronouncements, including his claim in 2016 that “I think Islam hates us…. There’s a tremendous hatred there.”

And while it’s an exaggeration to say that Barack Obama could have given the speech, it’s notable that Trump never used the term he excoriated his predecessor -- and Hillary Clinton -- for eschewing.

“These are radical Islamic terrorists and [Clinton] won't even mention the word, and nor will President Obama,” Trump said at an Oct. 9 debate with his Democratic rival.

Schewe

« Reply #2837 on: May 22, 2017, 06:35:59 pm »

Oh, come on! It was the American press who outed Israel a week or so ago.

Actually there were press reports that Israel was the sourse but no press reports ever said he told the Russians it was Israel (in fact reports said he wasn't even briefed) so why did he blurt this out? But in effect he confirmed the reports...

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2838 on: May 22, 2017, 08:48:11 pm »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2839 on: May 22, 2017, 08:56:51 pm »

And while we are hairsplitting about Islamist vs. Islamic extremism, another attack on the West:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 331   Go Up