Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 915238 times)

Otto Phocus

Re: Trump II
« Reply #2740 on: May 18, 2017, 09:09:07 am »

Like most of us in this thread... and wider  ;)

Absolutly, everyone here is an expert.  All you have to do is ask them.   ;D
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2741 on: May 18, 2017, 09:28:52 am »

The article itself states there was no evidence of wrongdoing or collision with the Russians. Thanks for providing more evidence there's nothing there.   More fake news.   This whole thing is about politics.   Trying to now destroy President Trump because they failed at destroying candidate Trump.

1. You're jumping to conclusions.
2. The search is for collusion between the campaign team and the Russians who influenced the elections.

Personally, I do not think the Russians are so stupid to directly work together with Trump. He remains an easy target to play. Their main goal was to weaken the chances of Hillary Clinton becoming President (she knew too much about how the Russians operate in the global theater). The question is what was the role of the Trump campaign team?

In the meantime, Trump did and does a number of stupid things, like trying to cover up or bully people into submission, (because he either doesn't get good advice, or he doesn't listen to it, and he doesn't understand that politics is about winning over adversaries and forging coalitions) that may well incriminate him. He is creating a swamp of lies himself that is pulling him down. By alienating factions (and the opposing electorate) that play an important role in a democracy, bypassing the media with Tweets, not inviting the press, marginalizing their role, showing contempt for the judiciary, not trusting the impartiality of the former FBI director, deliberately disseminating lies to confuse the public and bolster his own achievements, the list goes on. The approval ratings speak for themselves, the public is not buying it either, even increasing numbers of those who voted for the Republican candidate. Heck, even Congress and Senate members are having doubts.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2742 on: May 18, 2017, 09:49:49 am »

1. You're jumping to conclusions.
2. The search is for collusion between the campaign team and the Russians who influenced the elections.

Personally, I do not think the Russians are so stupid to directly work together with Trump. He remains an easy target to play. Their main goal was to weaken the chances of Hillary Clinton becoming President (she knew too much about how the Russians operate in the global theater). The question is what was the role of the Trump campaign team?

In the meantime, Trump did and does a number of stupid things, like trying to cover up or bully people into submission, (because he either doesn't get good advice, or he doesn't listen to it, and he doesn't understand that politics is about winning over adversaries and forging coalitions) that may well incriminate him. He is creating a swamp of lies himself that is pulling him down. By alienating factions (and the opposing electorate) that play an important role in a democracy, bypassing the media with Tweets, not inviting the press, marginalizing their role, showing contempt for the judiciary, not trusting the impartiality of the former FBI director, deliberately disseminating lies to confuse the public and bolster his own achievements, the list goes on. The approval ratings speak for themselves, the public is not buying it either, even increasing numbers of those who voted for the Republican candidate. Heck, even Congress and Senate members are having doubts.

Cheers,
Bart
I'm not jumping to conclusions.  It's the people who are saying he colluded with the Russians that are doing the jumping.  There hasn't been any evidence of collusion.  Clapper  said so much previously. Even your own article says there's no collusion.   However, the biased media has been pushing it making weak-minded Republican politicians get wobbly in the knees.  When all you get is negative press day after day about collusion, collusion etc, it becomes the Big Lie.  People start believing.  The Democrats love it.  Their smear efforts are paying off. 

Of course he hasn't made friends in tradition political circles.  But he's the anti-politician who ran on draining the swamp.  Traditional politicians on both side are terrified of this.  They've all gotten cozy with the power and money.  They don't want Trump upsetting the apple cart and changing the way things are done.  Frankly, I don't think they have much to worry about anyway.  He's turning out to be rather traditional. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2743 on: May 18, 2017, 09:59:52 am »

It seems even the British have a sense of humor about ISIS.  Maybe someone at BBC has been watching Trump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKL9b5-DL4A&feature=youtu.be

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #2744 on: May 18, 2017, 11:14:14 am »

Pieter, you can surely do better than that. The ad hominem media argument is very tiresome and worn out by now.
Does that mean that Alan won't use the argument anymore either? If so I'll eat my words. If not I'm not so sure ;)
pieter, aka pegelli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2745 on: May 18, 2017, 11:45:28 am »

It seems even the British have a sense of humor about ISIS.  Maybe someone at BBC has been watching Trump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKL9b5-DL4A&feature=youtu.be

:) :D ;D

You got to love it that BBC moved past PC, at the time when Oxford considers avoiding eye contact to be racist.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2746 on: May 18, 2017, 11:56:09 am »

Does that mean that Alan won't use the argument anymore either? If so I'll eat my words. If not I'm not so sure ;)

Pieter, I am perfectly ok if you, Alan, or anyone else considers this or that media source biased or unreliable, as I am first to do so. But dismissing outright an otherwise verifiable story simply because it's been published in this or that media is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Heck, even Jeff quotes RT and the National Review ;)

pegelli

« Reply #2747 on: May 18, 2017, 12:33:57 pm »

But dismissing outright an otherwise verifiable story simply because it's been published in this or that media is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Where do you get I dismissed it outright, I read the article and didn't say anything about the facts. It's the conclusion "what Trump did is not as bad as what some Obama officials did" that I don't agree with and is coloured by the typical Fox bias.
pieter, aka pegelli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2748 on: May 18, 2017, 12:59:24 pm »

Where do you get I dismissed it outright, I read the article and didn't say anything about the facts...

You said:

Do you think this is credible?

pegelli

« Reply #2749 on: May 18, 2017, 01:33:18 pm »

You said:
? ? ? ?  What has that to do with me, I'm asking you a question if you think it's credible. Either yes or no would have been a perfectly fine answer and I am really puzzled why me asking you that question makes you think I dismissed it out of hand without reading it  ???
pieter, aka pegelli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2750 on: May 18, 2017, 02:44:59 pm »

... I'm asking you a question if you think it's credible...

I do not post things I don't think, with a reasonable certainty, are credible.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #2751 on: May 18, 2017, 02:57:24 pm »

Unfortunately, we have no clue whether any word out our President's mouth is credible.

pegelli

« Reply #2752 on: May 18, 2017, 03:25:36 pm »

Then why do you post I dismissed the article "out of hand". That's pure speculation from your side and secondly far from the truth.
pieter, aka pegelli

Raul_82

« Reply #2753 on: May 18, 2017, 06:14:59 pm »

WaPo: The president shat himself
White House: The President would never shit himself
Trump: I SHAT MYSELF ON PURPOSE

This, every day.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2754 on: May 18, 2017, 06:34:22 pm »

That would be the Dilbert cartoon author:

James Clark

« Reply #2755 on: May 18, 2017, 08:51:14 pm »

That would be the Dilbert cartoon author:

...and he would be wrong.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2756 on: May 19, 2017, 02:08:21 am »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2757 on: May 19, 2017, 03:26:21 am »

Scary stuff in that Time article.

brianrybolt

« Reply #2758 on: May 19, 2017, 07:49:18 am »

Unfortunately, we have no clue whether any word out our President's mouth is credible.

The President's mouth is Toxic.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #2759 on: May 19, 2017, 04:07:09 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 331   Go Up