Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 917269 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Trump II
« Reply #1780 on: March 26, 2017, 01:23:59 am »

From breitbart.com...

Judge Jeanine: ‘Paul Ryan Needs to Step Down’

During her opening statement on Fox News Channel’s “Justice,” host Jeanine Pirro ripped House Speaker Paul Ryan, calling for him to step down after his healthcare bill to replace Obamacare failed miserably.

“Paul Ryan needs to step down as speaker of the house,” Pirro began. “The reason? He failed to deliver the votes on his healthcare bill, the one trumpeted to repeal and replace Obamacare, the one that he had seven years to work on, the one he had under lock and key in the basement of Congress, the one that had to be pulled to prevent the embarrassment of not having enough votes to pass.”

Later, Pirro said, “I want to be clear, this is not on President Trump. No one expected a business man to completely understand the nuances, the complicated ins and outs of Washington and its legislative process. How would he know which individuals upon which he would be able to rely?”

Saturday morning, President Trump tweeted out a teaser for “Justice,” telling everyone to watch.

Donald J. Trump ‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

Watch @JudgeJeanine on @FoxNews tonight at 9:00 P.M.

7:41 AM - 25 Mar 2017

Wow, it's like Donald is able to tell the future, huh?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #1781 on: March 26, 2017, 01:44:32 am »

Then there' this...

Woolsey: Flynn discussed sending Erdogan foe back to Turkey

(CNN)Former Central Intelligence Agency Director James Woolsey told CNN Friday that former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn met with representatives of the Turkish government in 2016 and discussed potential ways to send a foe of Turkey's president back to face charges in that country,

As a representative of his consulting firm, Flynn Intel Group, Flynn met with senior representatives of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's government in September 2016, Woolsey said. Woolsey was a Trump campaign adviser at the time and attended the meeting, but said he arrived after it was already well underway.
Woolsey claims that those present discussed sending Fethullah Gulen, a Muslim leader who Erdogan has accused of being behind a failed military coup to overthrow him, back to Turkey to face charges -- possibly outside the legal US extradition system.

Wait, what? Former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn was conspiring to kidnap Fethullah Gulen to hand him back to Turkey? Flynn is the same guy who failed to register as a foreign agent and went to Moscow and had dinner with Putan?

Hum...interesting...bet he's one of the guys being investigated by the FBI (unless he's already cut a deal). I think that calls for another RUH ROH!

laughingbear

« Reply #1782 on: March 26, 2017, 03:20:50 am »

I think your problem is with people who aren't "pro Trump" enough. They have to shut up so you don't have to face the reality the emperor has no clothes.
If we would be pro Trump you would welcome our contribution here, but when we're against it's "none of our business". Well, given the way he's screwing the whole world around I think it is our business so your efforts to shut us up are pointless.

Nails it! +1

To no surprise, this wellknown form of rhetoric can be observed in many countries lately, usually applied by reactionary or right leaning minds. Personally, I perceive this as utterly childish to say the very least.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #1783 on: March 26, 2017, 03:30:14 am »

Here are two articles I found in a couple of minutes that discuss the problems the Dutch have had with Muslims and the problem Muslims have had with the Dutch recently and in their history.    The first is from The Atlantic a liberal magazine.

It seems your hands aren't very clean.  At least America didn't go around killing Muslims as part of an empire like the Dutch did after WWII.
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/03/netherlands-geert-wilders-islam-election-empire/519648/
http://5pillarsuk.com/2017/03/20/the-dutch-elections-is-a-reality-check-that-islamophobia-is-mainstream-in-europe/

Here's a paragraph from the first link:
"The war did little to soften Dutch imperial ambitions. In 1946, while Nazi leaders faced prosecution in The Hague in the Netherlands, Dutch soldiers were rounding up and slaughtering Indonesian freedom fighters in a brutal counter-insurgency designed to take back control over their former colonies. Indonesia has claimed that 40,000 died after World War II in a years-long killing spree by the murderous Dutch captain Raymond Westerling on the eastern Indonesian island of Sulawesi."

The second article discusses the hatred of Muslims by the PVV which is your second largest party.  Not one politician in America ever says the things that Geert and some of  your other politicians say.  Geert calls Muslims "scum".  Yet you go on and on how bad America and Trump is and his policies.  Why don't you straighten out your own country before giving hypocritical advice to others?
Thanks for providing some argumentation Alan, but you should have looked a bit longer then "a few minutes" because the first link is irrelevant to the discussion we're having here and the second proves my point. Let me explain:
The first article talks about a situation in the latter half of the 1940's, we're 2017 now. Secondly that was a freedom fight between the natural inhabitants of an area with the western colonizer. The Dutch did some stuff there we need to be ashamed of, but the whole war had nothing to do with a clash of faith or religion. In case the natural inhabitants would have been Buddhists, Taoists or Christians still the same dirty war would have been fought. It was also the time that in the US blacks still had to sit in the back of the bus, couldn't use the same park benches and were publicly lynched without any form of decent trial based on rumours of a crime against the whites. But all that was more then half a century ago, this discussions is what's happening here and now.

The second article blows up Wilders influence to non realistic proportions, but the truth of the matter is he only got 13% of the votes. I personally believe that's 13% too many because he's a populist that will not solve any problems, only create more. However the fact is that no other party wants to do business with him, so that leaves 87% Dutch who don't agree with him. So indeed Wilders and his followers conform to your stereotype of "the Dutch", however it's by far a small minority and as kers said, we still have 87% "sane Dutch".
pieter, aka pegelli

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1784 on: March 26, 2017, 03:33:24 am »

I'm sure there's bad behavior with both camps...and yet some wingnutz will go out of their way to join the lunatic fringe...

It seems Pizzagate won't die...today at the Whitehouse, in addition to Trump supporters the lunatics that actually believed Alex Jones, who perpetuated the Pizzagate protested.

Only in America! Well, without your pictures I wouldn't have believed it. Now I admit that those Pizzagate protesters really needed a dose of pepper spray.
And that gullible family could have a bought a couple of extra large pizzas instead of those stupid T-shirts.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:48:25 am by LesPalenik »

jeremyrh

« Reply #1785 on: March 26, 2017, 11:32:43 am »

Peter McLennan

« Reply #1786 on: March 26, 2017, 11:38:37 am »

While he's in favour of big showy missions like a manned mission to Mars, Trump is intent on de-funding Earth observation activities.

I wonder why?

Those working in NASA's Earth sciences division, however, were disappointed to learn that $102 million will be cut from their budget, forcing the cancellation of four Earth-monitoring satellite programs: the Plankton, Aerosol, Cloud, ocean Ecosystem (PACE) satellite; the Orbiting Carbon Observatory-3 (OCO-3) experiment; the Climate Absolute Radiance and Refractivity Observatory (CLARREO) Pathfinder; and the Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR).   

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/nasa-cuts-earth-science-1.4040181

I mean, really.  How just how bad <deleted> is this guy?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:08:00 pm by Peter McLennan »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1787 on: March 26, 2017, 12:01:28 pm »

Time for President Trump to ask President Underwood for advice on how to pass a legislation? ;)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1788 on: March 26, 2017, 12:12:33 pm »

... the truth of the matter is he only got 13% of the votes....

Here is an alternative fact (yes, fact) for you: that 13% still puts him in the second place, thanks to the Dutch fragmented voting system, with 28 parties vying for the votes.

So, the second most popular party in Holland! That's a fact.

Another alternative fact: Geert got five more parliament seats, compared to the last election, and the #1 party lost eight.

Not to mention that the #1 party got there by stealing Geert's voters, using horses, dogs, batons, and tough immigrant rhetorics just days before the election (that's an opinion, not a fact, but something to think about nevertheless).

pegelli

« Reply #1789 on: March 26, 2017, 12:22:22 pm »

Here is an alternative fact (yes, fact) for you: that 13% still puts him in the second place, thanks to the Dutch fragmented voting system, with 28 parties vying for the votes.

So, the second most popular party in Holland! That's a fact.

Another alternative fact: Geert got five more parliament seats, compared to the last election, and the #1 party lost eight.

Not to mention that the #1 party got there by stealing Geert's voters, using horses, dogs, batons, and tough immigrant rhetorics just days before the election (that's an opinion, not a fact, but something to think about nevertheless).
Yes, I also don't like they got 13% of the votes, but if nobody else wants to work with them they will not come into power, even if they had double that amount. It still means 87 % is against him and his ideas. That's still pretty reassuring and quite a strong majority against xenophobic/populist ideas to limit minorities and immigrants. An they didn't get these votes by using horses, dogs, batons, and tough immigrant rhetorics just days before the election, the dogs and batons were ordered by a mayor (the mayor is the head of the police, not the national government) who is an immigrant, a muslim and doesn't belong to the party of the prime minister. So he did that to restore order, not to gain votes for another party then his own. So I think your opinion on this matter is pretty far from reality.
pieter, aka pegelli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1790 on: March 26, 2017, 12:35:12 pm »

... ordered by a mayor (the mayor is the head of the police, not the national government)...

In response to the turmoil created by the Prime Minister's (un)diplomatic moves...same difference.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1791 on: March 26, 2017, 12:36:14 pm »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1792 on: March 26, 2017, 12:42:53 pm »

During the Dutch election just held, PM Mark Rutte who was re-elected, said during the campaign aiming his comments toward immigrants especially Muslims, "If you don't like it here, get out of the country, go away",

Looks like Trump is listening to the Dutch:

Palestinian Terrorist and Leader of Women’s March Stripped of U.S. Citizenship, Will Be Deported

pegelli

« Reply #1793 on: March 26, 2017, 01:18:23 pm »

In response to the turmoil created by the Prime Minister's (un)diplomatic moves...same difference.
Nope, PM had no influence on ordering the police. The Mayor was in charge. Why would he help the PM a few days before the election, he's a different party and an immigrant muslim. No need for conspiracy theories here.
pieter, aka pegelli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1794 on: March 26, 2017, 01:46:09 pm »

Pieter, you apparently have the same knowledge of how politics work as President Trump. I suggest both of you watch House of Cards ;)

pegelli

« Reply #1795 on: March 26, 2017, 02:04:24 pm »

Pieter, you apparently have the same knowledge of how politics work as President Trump. I suggest both of you watch House of Cards ;)
oooooh, that's a pretty low blow Slobodan, but on the other hand also not very impressive.
Conspiracy theory rhetoric is a pretty good defense if you're out of arguments (or understanding), but I think most people see through that  :P
And Trump doesn't need to watch the house of cards either, he is the house of cards.
pieter, aka pegelli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1796 on: March 26, 2017, 02:36:38 pm »

...From the initial reports it appears that the anti-Trumps showed a bad behavior.

Surprise, surprise! The only organized, mass violence comes from the left. Historically, as well as today.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #1797 on: March 26, 2017, 02:40:17 pm »

Not to mention that this No1 party and others said before the elections that they will not make a government with Wilders...and they don't...
(and Wilders really does not want to be in the government; he wants to provoke and cannot compromise)

But, yes, we do have a problem here as in other EU-countries and the US that a substantial part of the people do not think the politics are to serve them. And these voters are in the rural areas, doing the more traditional kind of work.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

pegelli

« Reply #1798 on: March 26, 2017, 02:56:34 pm »

Surprise, surprise! The only organized, mass violence comes from the left. Historically, as well as today.
I wouldn't call the KKK left ;)
pieter, aka pegelli

Peter McLennan

« Reply #1799 on: March 26, 2017, 08:47:16 pm »

Can we have a few examples?
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 331   Go Up