Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 914924 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Trump II
« Reply #500 on: February 19, 2017, 01:28:46 am »

Donald Trump Appears To Make Up Sweden Terror Attack
It didn’t happen.

Trump from his campaign rally said:
“You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden,” Trump told a large crowd of supporters in a hangar at the Orlando-Melbourne International Airport. “Sweden. Who would believe this? Sweden,” he added. “They took in large numbers. They’re having problems like they never thought possible.”

KEVIN LAMARQUE / REUTERS
At a rally in Melbourne, Florida, on Feb. 18, President Donald Trump referred to a terror attack in Sweden that occurred recently. No such event has happened.

Oooops...

Schewe

« Reply #501 on: February 19, 2017, 01:43:58 am »

And there's more...

Column: Leaks, squawks and ethics hawks: Poems about Donald Trump

By Mary Schmich–Contact Reporter (who is actually a neighbor of mine on the near-north side of Chicago)

The Problem

The problem's not the spying

And the problem's not my lying

And the problem it is not the way I speak.

The problem is betrayers

And those sanctuary mayors

And the evil folk who think that they can leak.

The problem's not the Kremlin

And Sean Spicer's not a gremlin

And the problem it is not poor Michael Flynn.

The man was persecuted!

He was flat-out executed!

No, the problem is the press' nasty spin.

The problem is Chicago

It is not my Mar-a-Lago

I'm entitled to view missiles on my phone!

I shared some stuff at dinner?

That does not make me a sinner!

Those reporters, they should just leave me alone.

They say that I am crazy

And perhaps that I am lazy

But I tell you, people, neither one is true.

They say that I am awful

And I just may be unlawful

But, listen, folks — the problem? It is you.

:)

She has more on the page and I'm sure she'll have more in the future...

Trump might want to be careful who he makes into enemies...when you have poets coming after you, you might have gone too far.

jeremyrh

« Reply #502 on: February 19, 2017, 02:49:35 am »

While calling [Obama] a statesman to make his ego feel good, they were secretly laughing behind his back.

Well, it's all changed now - they are laughing in Trump's face! Progress!!

laughingbear

« Reply #503 on: February 19, 2017, 03:48:50 am »

Well, it's all changed now - they are laughing in Trump's face! Progress!!

;D Excellent!

mecrox

• My Online Portfolio
« Reply #504 on: February 19, 2017, 07:03:00 am »

Someone said well that all the insults hurled at the T-word are just reinforcing the vote that put him where he is. Two sides can't come together for as long as they refuse to try to understand each other. We have this problem in the UK at the moment. Some of Mr T's ideas are pretty OK after all. Taking a tougher line with China, getting infrastructure in better condition, telling Europe and NATO a few home truths, nixing trade agreements entirely designed to benefit corporations and bureaucracies at the expense of the individual - these are all quite uncontroversial. Any president from either party could have produced similar ideas, I think.

He doesn't look happy. He doesn't look as if he really wants the job or knows how to do it or has the right character for it to begin with. There is only one figure of any substance at all on his team - General Mattis. It's not hard to see him engineering some kind of "retirement" before very long. I guess a question is whether creepy Mr Pence could survive for very long either.
Mark @ Flickr

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #505 on: February 19, 2017, 07:06:24 am »

I am stunned. And probably so are close to 7 billion other people on the planet. Your president can give such a pathetically unhinged performance as he did at that Press Conference this week and somehow there are still apologists for him closing ranks. Is this some kind of bad joke?

It's obvious to anyone who has spent time working for a spoiled boss that was installed by nepotism that the man has simply long passed his Peter Principle ceiling. You don't need to invoke evil dealings, or scheming dark-shadow Democrats, he and his cronies are just the latest manifestation of corporate-trained incompetent morons. There have been lots of them, who have dragged perfectly successful companies into the dirt, every time because of their own room temperature IQ and endless arrogance. If anything is crippling american enterprise, if it in fact being crippled, it's not high taxes or environmental legislation that's doing it, it's because you keep promoting snake oil salesmen who have no clue how anything actually works into positions of authority because their numbers are good this quarter or because they're tall. The rest of the world has moved on from this infantile Dale Carnegie nonsense, why are you still stuck in it? Read a book, why don't you.

No, you make things worse by electing an obvious incompetent to a very important position. And guess what, he appoints people even more incompetent than himself to his top jobs, because that's what incompetent people do all the time. Listening to or reading the excuses and lame contorted explanations of what Trump is "really" doing (wink-wink) and how awful Obama really was, and oh how terrible the US is being treated by its enemies is simply drawing loud guffaws from most corners. Drunk bar talk should remain in bars. This stuff has become impossible to take seriously. Is there really no adult supervision available?

--
Robert

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #506 on: February 19, 2017, 08:25:57 am »

I am stunned. And probably so are close to 7 billion other people on the planet. Your president can give such a pathetically unhinged performance as he did at that Press Conference this week and somehow there are still apologists for him closing ranks. Is this some kind of bad joke?

Unfortunately not a joke.  Read "The True Believer" by Eric Hoffer, a San Francisco longshoreman and student of political history.  The book is brief and written in the early 1950s.  He lays out clearly why leaders such as Trump arise.

Rob C

« Reply #507 on: February 19, 2017, 09:54:35 am »

" Is there really no adult supervision available?"

Where adults read comics? Copy for the UK where they read "red tops" instead. No wonder things go awry when these people are faced with any serious choice concerning foreign lands and peoples. The myth of the superhero wearing a star-spangled or a union jack resonates strongly, and such emotions are based on nonsense but thought valid. Just think of old war movies and even westerns, with the cavalry riding in at the last moment (as you knew they always would, didn't you?) and the same faith is displayed and consumed; it's not new at all, but just more visible in today's circumstances.

That's democracy, I'm afraid.

Rob

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #508 on: February 19, 2017, 10:06:50 am »

Equating Trump, and by extension the "deplorables" who voted for him, with Stalin and Mao  is why he won.   You're so over the top,  it's like fake news, the very kind of hyperbole you admonish  him of doing.   All you're doing is assuring his reelection.   You gotta get a grip on and calm down.

Schewe

« Reply #509 on: February 19, 2017, 10:32:39 am »

You're so over the top,  it's like fake news, the very kind of hyperbole you admonish  him of doing.

That's not me bud...I'm not making this stuff up...that was the British Broadcasting Company (BBC) that made the comparison to Stalin and Mao because what Trump said about the press being an enemy of the people sounds like something they would have said.

Don't you see what is happening?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #510 on: February 19, 2017, 10:32:55 am »

Amongst many others, a number of historians seem to disagree.
These Historians Say Obama Ranks 12th in the History of Presidential Leadership

Yes!

For instance:

President Kennedy put men on the moon.
President Obama put men in women's bathrooms.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #511 on: February 19, 2017, 10:36:17 am »

Equating Trump, and by extension the "deplorables" who voted for him, with Stalin and Mao  is why he won.

Are you suggesting that Trump wasn't more than a protest vote? That's not the perception from my part of Europe.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #512 on: February 19, 2017, 10:38:33 am »

President Obama put men in women's bathrooms.

Some people might take offense (and rightly so) at such a remark, unless it was meant as a joke (in poor taste).

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:41:53 am by BartvanderWolf »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #513 on: February 19, 2017, 10:40:12 am »

Are you suggesting that Trump wasn't more than a protest vote?...

Are you suggesting that Trump was a protest vote? If so, I agree.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #514 on: February 19, 2017, 10:42:17 am »

Some people might take offense (and rightly so)...

Another (protest) reason why Trump won.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #515 on: February 19, 2017, 10:46:33 am »

Another (protest) reason why Trump won.

I don't understand why you want to picture 50% of the American electorate as retarded as you do. I don't see them as that simple minded. Trump on the other hand ...

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:51:36 am by BartvanderWolf »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #516 on: February 19, 2017, 11:28:00 am »

...50% of the American electorate as retarded...

"Some people might take offense (and rightly so) at such a remark"

stamper

« Reply #517 on: February 19, 2017, 11:41:06 am »

.50% of the American electorate as retarded...

"Some people might take offense (and rightly so) at such a remark"

Quoted out of context???   :o

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #518 on: February 19, 2017, 12:11:57 pm »

Quoted out of context???   :o

Only if you don't understand (Bart's) sarcasm.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #519 on: February 19, 2017, 12:14:50 pm »

Are you suggesting that Trump wasn't more than a protest vote? That's not the perception from my part of Europe.

Cheers,
Bart
First off,  you're presented with the same biased news that the liberal press spews out here in America. 

Trump won because he tapped into a nationalist feeling that America and many Americans feel.  That they have been left behind by the business and political elites who not only weren't hurt by the 2008 recession, but actually made out better.  Trump understood this.  He became the champion of these workers who were left behind who normally vote Democrat. 

But  Democrats like Hillary Clinton did not feel their concern.  She called them deplorables and laughed at them.  She was more concerned that men should be allowed to go into their daughter's children's toilets instead of her trying to get these workers good jobs again.  So, they moved their allegiance to Trump and the Republicans.  He promised he would get them jobs.  He promised he would stop illegal immigration and bad trade policies that made good paying jobs impossible for them to realize.  He promised them safety from terrorists.  Meanwhile the Democrats couldn't even call these terrorists by who they were and wanted to open borders to everyone jeopardizing their safety.  Americans don't want America to have the same terrorism like there is in Europe with the disastrous immigration policies you have there.  The Democrats were stupidly playing identity politics trying to divide Americans by race, gender and how rich they are.  Trump spoke of making all of America great again, helping everyone and getting these people jobs.  Democrats failed to listen to the pain of their formally Democrat voters in key states like Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, North Carolina, Florida, etc.  who then switched their political allegiance and voted for Trump. 

Like Brexit, the entire political elite structure on both the Democrat and Republican sides totally missed what was going on in the middle of the country outside the left leaning cities.  They all, as they are now, are caught in an echo chamber of Liberal progressivism that misses the basic concerns of the people - economic security, local safety, national security and patriotism.   Trump taps into all these concerns.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 331   Go Up