Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 916941 times)

jeremyrh

Re: Trump II
« Reply #6480 on: September 26, 2017, 12:01:07 pm »

"we will always defend our borders."

Except when we dodge the draft, of course.

scyth

« Reply #6481 on: September 26, 2017, 12:42:41 pm »

"we will always defend our borders."

Except when we dodge the draft, of course.

since when the our borders were in Vietnam though ? I was watching NPR propaganda flick about Vietnam and damn, Ho Chi Min standing with CIA (precursor) officers :)  it resembles Castro making his first visit to USA not to xUSSR... and both (Ho & Fidel) were "spitted" in the face

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:47:11 pm by scyth »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6482 on: September 26, 2017, 01:28:54 pm »

since when the our borders were in Vietnam though ? I was watching NPR propaganda flick about Vietnam and damn, Ho Chi Min standing with CIA (precursor) officers :)  it resembles Castro making his first visit to USA not to xUSSR... and both (Ho & Fidel) were "spitted" in the face

NPR documentary on Vietnam made it very clear that Ho was trained in the Soviet Union as was General of the Vietnam Army Giap.  They were both dedicated Communists.   Sure,  they tried to use America to free themselves from French colonial rule.     But it would have wound up communist in any case.   As did Fidel Castro  also a dedicated but secret Communist who used America's good will before he acknowledged he was a communist.

texshooter

« Reply #6483 on: September 26, 2017, 03:15:05 pm »

Trump is called devisive for rebuking devisiviness.

Huh?  What parallel universe does the NFL live in?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #6484 on: September 26, 2017, 04:48:48 pm »

Trump is called devisive for rebuking devisiviness.

Trump is called devisive because he's a friggin' mean asshole that enjoys pissing people off and causing trouble. Show me where he has EVER rebuked divisiveness...he has done nothing–ZERO-to bring this country together...all he does is pit one group against another group because that's how he gets his jollies...he makes radially inappropriate statements and then sits back and enjoys the fall out...which is one thing when you are a reality show host but something entirely different when you are the president of the most powerful country on earth.

How would YOU like it if Trump Tweets us into a nuclear war? You down with that?

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #6485 on: September 26, 2017, 05:00:54 pm »

David Brooks pretty much nails it in the New York Times:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/26/opinion/abbie-hoffman-donald-trump.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fopinion-columnists

It has to be admitted that Donald Trump is doing exactly what he was elected to do.

He was not elected to be a legislative president. He never showed any real interest in policy during the campaign. He was elected to be a cultural president. He was elected to shred the dominant American culture and to give voice to those who felt voiceless in that culture. He’s doing that every day.

What’s troubling to me is that those who are the targets of his assaults seem to have no clue about what is going on. When they feel the most righteous, like this past weekend, they are actually losing and in the most peril.

Schewe

« Reply #6486 on: September 26, 2017, 05:11:18 pm »

Just to be clear, when I'm calling Trump an asshole, I'm only agreeing with California Republican Congressman Duncan Hunter who famously said "He’s an asshole, but he’s our asshole"...

TRUMP IS AN 'ASSHOLE, BUT HE’S OUR ASSHOLE,' SAYS GOP CONGRESSMAN

U.S. President Donald Trump is an “asshole” according to California Republican Congressman Duncan Hunter.

“He’s an asshole, but he’s our asshole,” Hunter said during a meetup of the Riverside County Young Republicans at a sports bar in the city of Murrieta near Anaheim last Friday.

“He’s just like he is on TV,” Hunter said, according to four people who were at the event who spoke with The San Diego Union-Tribune.

One of the attendees, Jose Guzman, told the Union-Tribune that Hunter’s assessment didn’t end there. Hunter continued by saying “all the stories you hear about [Trump], they’re true. Except the fake news.”

texshooter

« Reply #6487 on: September 26, 2017, 06:07:03 pm »

As free speech, patriotism, and religious liberties are under attack in America, Saudi Arabia inches closer to modernity by legalizing women to drive cars.  It's good to hear freedom is on the rise somewhere in the world.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/09/saudi-arabia-women-drive-170926190857109.html

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:23:25 pm by texshooter »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #6488 on: September 26, 2017, 09:34:52 pm »

Free speech, patriotism and religious liberties are under attack in America?

What?
--
Robert

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6489 on: September 27, 2017, 12:33:24 am »

Uh, oh! Twitter doubling character limit to 280! Doubling effectively Jeff's efforts to keep up with Trump's tweets. 😉

Schewe

« Reply #6490 on: September 27, 2017, 12:34:27 am »

You think Trump is smart? Really?

Steve Bannon basically just admitted Trump is easily duped

The information that President Trump sees has been a major subplot of the White House's internal drama. Aides often privately describe the president as highly susceptible to acting upon the last piece of information he's seen — no matter how dubious. And controlling that flow of information is a big part of new White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly's effort to right the ship and keep the Oval Office on-task.

But rarely do you see someone close to the president just come out and admit how unsophisticated he is as a consumer of information.

That's what Stephen K. Bannon did Monday night, though not quite in so many words. While chatting with Fox News's Sean Hannity, the former White House chief strategist suggested that Trump was essentially duped into supporting appointed Sen. Luther Strange (R-Ala.) in Tuesday's Alabama special-election runoff. And it wasn't really all that subtle.

--snip--

“They tried to destroy Donald Trump; the same gang that is going after Roy Moore is the same gang that went after Donald Trump,” Bannon said. “And I have to tell you, I think at some time later after [Tuesday], a real, you know, review has to be done of how President Trump got the wrong information and came down on the wrong side of the football here.”

--snip--

But making that argument — that Trump was duped — also means arguing that he is capable of being duped, and apparently rather easily in this case. Inherent in Bannon's argument is the idea that Trump either isn't discerning enough to make that endorsement decision for himself, or at least that he doesn't do enough homework.

Bannon is basically confirming everything aides have said privately about how unsophisticated Trump is in consuming information. This is the president of the United States, and Bannon is talking about him as if he's still a total political novice — a weather vane, even.

That's a pretty stunning admission coming from one of the people who has worked closest with Trump.

So, Trump is a weather vane...

Schewe

« Reply #6491 on: September 27, 2017, 12:39:40 am »

Uh, oh! Twitter doubling character limit to 280! Doubling effectively Jeff's efforts to keep up with Trump's tweets. 😉

Like this one?

The irony is that there a Trump tweet for every occasion...

Now with TWICE the stupidness!!!!

Schewe

« Reply #6492 on: September 27, 2017, 12:51:14 am »

Russian-funded Facebook ads backed Stein, Sanders and Trump

At least one touted Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate, who Clinton says "may well have thrown the election to Trump."

Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein was the beneficiary of at least one of the Russian-bought political ads on Facebook that federal government officials suspect were intended to influence the 2016 election.

Other advertisements paid for by shadowy Russian buyers criticized Hillary Clinton and promoted Donald Trump. Some backed Bernie Sanders and his platform even after his presidential campaign had ended, according to a person with knowledge of the ads.

The pro-Stein ad came late in the political campaign and pushed her candidacy for president, this person said.

“Choose peace and vote for Jill Stein,” the ad reads. “Trust me. It’s not a wasted vote. … The only way to take our country back is to stop voting for the corporations and banks that own us. #GrowaSpineVoteJillStein.”

The ads show a complicated effort that didn’t necessarily hew to promoting Trump and bashing Clinton. Instead, they show a desire to create divisions while sometimes praising Trump, Sanders and Stein. A number of the ads seemed to question Clinton’s authenticity and tout some of the liberal criticisms of her candidacy.

There is no indication Stein, Sanders or Trump was aware of the advertisements, which were described to POLITICO by people with knowledge of them.

Facebook declined to comment on the specifics of the advertisements but noted a previous statement: “The vast majority of ads run by these accounts didn’t specifically reference the U.S. presidential election or voting for a particular candidate. Rather, the ads and accounts appeared to focus on amplifying divisive social and political messages across the ideological spectrum — touching on topics from LGBT matters to race issues to immigration to gun rights.”

And look at the results in several swing states...

Trump's victory margin smaller than total Stein votes in key swing states

In two key states that President-elect Donald Trump won, his margin of victory was smaller than the total number of votes for Green Party nominee Jill Stein.

In Michigan, Trump defeated Democrat Hillary Clinton by 10,704 votes, while Stein got 51,463 votes, according to current totals on the state’s official website.

And in Wisconsin, Trump’s margin over Clinton was 22,177, while Stein garnered 31,006 votes.

In Pennsylvania, meanwhile, Stein’s total of 49,485 votes was just slightly smaller than Trump’s victory margin of 67,416 votes, according to the state’s latest numbers.

And, exactly what was Jill Stein doing in Russia with Flynn and Putin? We know Flynn was paid $45K to attend.

Schewe

« Reply #6493 on: September 27, 2017, 01:07:20 am »

Donald Trump deletes tweets backing losing candidate in Alabama Republican run-off

Alabama Senate Candidate Roy Moore Whips Out A Handgun At Rally (VIDEO)

Donald Trump was quick to issue a tweet congratulating the winner of the Republican Senate primary in Alabama and commiserating with the loser on Tuesday night.

But it must have stung.

-------------------------------------------
Donald J. Trump  ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Congratulations to Roy Moore on his Republican Primary win in Alabama.
Luther Strange started way back & ran a good race. Roy, WIN in Dec!

9:17 PM - Sep 26, 2017
-------------------------------------------

The president - who told his supporters they would get tired of winning once he was in power - had backed Luther Strange, the losing candidate, rather than the populist figure of Roy Moore, who was backed by Steve Bannon and Nigel Farage among others.

And then something strange happened.

A string of tweets backing Mr Strange mysteriously disappeared as the result of the run-off became clear. ProPublica, which maintains a tally of all the president's deleted tweets, listed the evidence in black and white.

• Luther Strange has been shooting up in the Alabama polls since my endorsement. Finish the job - vote today for "Big Luther."

• Big election tomorrow in the Great State of Alabama. Vote for Senator Luther Strange, tough on crime & border - will never let you down!

• ALABAMA, get out and vote for Luther Strange - he has proven to me that he will never let you down! #MAGA

The sad thing is I think Alabama just got a full blown loony tune to run as a GOP in the election to replace Jeff Sessions...not that I think the Dems would be able to find a democrat to run, but what the heck, maybe it could happen :~)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6494 on: September 27, 2017, 01:13:54 am »

And, exactly what was Jill Stein doing in Russia with Flynn and Putin?..

But hey, there are two Serbs between Putin and Stein  ;)

Schewe

« Reply #6495 on: September 27, 2017, 01:42:26 am »

Trump suddenly focuses on Puerto Rico, promises visit, aid

WASHINGTON (AP) — Suddenly, just about all President Donald Trump can talk about is Puerto Rico.

After not mentioning the hurricane-devastated island for days, Trump on Tuesday pushed back aggressively and repeatedly against criticism that he had failed to quickly grasp the magnitude of Maria's destruction or give the U.S. commonwealth the top-priority treatment he had bestowed on Texas, Louisiana and Florida after previous storms.

Trump announced that he would visit Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands next week. He tweeted about Puerto Rico's needs. He talked about Puerto Rico during a meeting on tax cuts. He raised the subject at a Rose Garden news conference with the prime minister of Spain.

And he attended a hurricane briefing. He called a meeting of agency heads tasked with helping Puerto Rico recover, and sent top officials out to the White House driveway to talk to reporters. FEMA Administrator Brock Long delivered specifics: 16 Navy and Coast Guard ships in the waters around Puerto Rico and 10 more on the way.

--snip--

But Trump's fixation on Puerto Rico on Tuesday stood in sharp contrast to his focus on other matters between Maria's landfall Sept. 20 and Monday, including his fight with the NFL over football players protesting during the National Anthem. The president has tweeted about the NFL more than two dozen times since Friday.

By Monday, Democrats, Republicans and Rossello were emphasizing that Puerto Ricans are Americans, too.

Trump was intent on showing he'd gotten the message — but still wasn't ready to set aside the NFL issue entirely.

"We are totally focused on that," Trump said Tuesday of the growing crisis on the U.S. island. "But at the same time, it doesn't take me long to put out a wrong and maybe we'll get it right. I think it's a very important thing for the NFL to not allow people to kneel during the playing of our National Anthem."

Even as Trump insisted he has plenty of time to prioritize both issues — “I wasn’t preoccupied with the NFL,” Trump said. “To me, the NFL situation is a very important situation. I’ve heard that before about was I preoccupied. Not at all. Not at all. I have plenty of time on my hands. All I do is work.” — criticism lingered.

And when Trump talked about the difficulties in getting aid to Puerto Rico, well, classic Trump...

The ‘very big ocean’ between here and Puerto Rico is not a perfect excuse for a lack of aid

Twice on Tuesday, President Trump offered an excuse for why government aid to Puerto Rico has been slow to arrive after Hurricane Maria: Puerto Rico is an island.

“It’s very tough, because it’s an island,” Trump said during a meeting with members of the House. “In Texas, we can ship the trucks right out there. And you know, we’ve gotten A-pluses on Texas and on Florida, and we will also on Puerto Rico. But the difference is, this is an island sitting in the middle of an ocean. And it’s a big ocean; it’s a very big ocean. And we’re doing a really good job.”

Later, during a brief news conference, he repeated the assertion.

“Frankly, we’re doing — and it’s the most difficult job because it’s on the island — it’s on an island in the middle of the ocean,” he said. “It’s out in the ocean. You can’t just drive your trucks there from other states.”

That’s true. Instead, supplies must be transported by airplane or ship instead of by truck. But that’s still not a great excuse for why the island is awaiting supplies.

FEMA is coordinating airlifts from U.S. Air Force C-17 cargo planes into Puerto Rico, bringing food and water. An update from the agency on Monday indicated that eight aircraft were delivering relief supplies and cargo to both that island and the Virgin Islands. Each aircraft can hold some 100,000 pounds of cargo.

That’s important. But there’s a way to scale that up. In January, a cargo ship operated by the U.S. Navy delivered supplies to researchers in Antarctica totaling nearly 7 million pounds of supplies.

So couldn’t the government have either sent supplies in advance (as it did for Texas and Florida by truck) or sent cargo after the fact that could have gotten to Puerto Rico by now?

The answer is yes and yes.

Yes, Donny, we know Puerto Rico is an island, did you know it's an American commonwealth populated by US citizens?
I'm really not sure he did...he's not too smart ya know?

Schewe

« Reply #6496 on: September 27, 2017, 02:04:20 am »

Exclusive: IRS shares information with special counsel in Russia probe

Washington (CNN)The IRS is now sharing information with special counsel Robert Mueller about key Trump campaign officials, after the two entities clashed this summer over both the scope of the investigation into Russia's meddling in the 2016 election and a raid on former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort's home, people briefed on the matter tell CNN.

Part of the concern centered on the far-reaching and broad requests from Mueller's team. In the case of Manafort, Mueller's investigators are reaching back 11 years as they investigate possible tax and financial crimes, according to search warrant documents. Mueller is bound by a written order issued by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein in May which allows the special counsel to investigate "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation."

After several months of being at odds, one source said, the IRS Criminal Investigation division is now sharing information about campaign associates, including Manafort and former White House national security adviser Michael Flynn. The sharing happened after the two camps reached an agreement following consultation with officials at the Treasury Department.

Note that the article does not say Mueller has Trump's tax records:

The new information about the depth of IRS involvement renews questions surrounding the controversial issue of President Donald Trump's tax returns, which he refused to release during the campaign despite decades of precedent by presidential candidates.

It is not clear whether the special counsel has asked for or obtained Trump's tax returns. Sources say if Mueller's office does have Trump's returns, then Rosenstein, who oversees the probe, likely would have needed to sign off, given the sensitivity surrounding the matter.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #6497 on: September 27, 2017, 10:00:17 am »

A photographer friend of mine took a picture of his cat. He gave me permission to post it on LuLa, and I thought this was the right place for it.
His title is: Pussy Grabs Trump.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

texshooter

« Reply #6498 on: September 27, 2017, 01:01:17 pm »

Who said Trump is heartless?

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:11:43 pm by texshooter »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6499 on: September 27, 2017, 01:48:14 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 331   Go Up