Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 916963 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Trump II
« Reply #6140 on: September 14, 2017, 09:53:13 pm »

We'll place about as much faith in that prediction as we did in your hurricane track prediction.

Well the NY Times gave Trump about a 7 to 1 chance to become president.  What odds would you give me for my 50% prediction?  I'm willing to make a bet.  :)

texshooter

« Reply #6141 on: September 14, 2017, 10:20:08 pm »

We knew Jefferson was next.  The Visigoths are at the gates.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/13/protesters-cover-uvas-thomas-jefferson-statue-in-black-shroud/

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #6142 on: September 14, 2017, 11:32:57 pm »

--
Robert

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6143 on: September 15, 2017, 12:08:23 am »

We knew Jefferson was next.  The Visigoths are at the gates.

The inherent violence of the left already on display; distroying historic artifacts just like ISIS, Taliban and Al Qaeda.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #6144 on: September 15, 2017, 02:18:51 am »

He hasn't failed. He' president until 2021. 
Bollocks, the fact he is president is equivalent to being enrolled in school, his grades currently are D- or lower, so he's failing his tests.

And what you call his "successes" are shaky at best.

But I do hope he succeeds in the end, especially since the alternatives are worse.
pieter, aka pegelli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6145 on: September 15, 2017, 09:35:54 am »

He is already successful. He is stopping, and in some cases reversing, the march toward a leftist totalitarian society. That, in itself, is a success.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #6146 on: September 15, 2017, 09:44:07 am »

He is already successful. He is stopping, and in some cases reversing, the march toward a leftist totalitarian society. That, in itself, is a success.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)
pieter, aka pegelli

stamper

« Reply #6147 on: September 15, 2017, 09:47:57 am »

Well the NY Times gave Trump about a 7 to 1 chance to become president.  What odds would you give me for my 50% prediction?  I'm willing to make a bet.  :)

Looking at the weather maps,  I predict Irma is going to go into the gulf,  that the weathermen are wrong.   Florida's going to miss the bullet with minimum damage.

You aren't very good at predictions Alan???

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6148 on: September 15, 2017, 10:06:17 am »

Looking at the weather maps,  I predict Irma is going to go into the gulf,  that the weathermen are wrong.   Florida's going to miss the bullet with minimum damage.

You aren't very good at predictions Alan???

That wasn't such a bad prediction. Florida, as a whole, did indeed end up with minimum damage, relative to the expected "catastrophic" damage. Certain parts, in the direction of the Gulf, as Alan said, did suffer a bit more damage, but hardly "catastrophic." And certain individuals, of course, might have suffered, for them, a catastrophic damage. But, as a whole, Alan's prediction wasn't that much off the mark.

texshooter

« Reply #6149 on: September 15, 2017, 10:31:06 am »

He is already successful. He is stopping, and in some cases reversing, the march toward a leftist totalitarian society.

You speak of such a society as if it were a bad thing.  I happen to like rabbit.

"Let them eat rabbit."  -Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2017/09/14/551026492/let-them-eat-rabbit-is-venezuelan-presidents-response-to-food-shortages
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:35:04 am by texshooter »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6150 on: September 15, 2017, 10:42:37 am »

Real pussy grabbing, caught on camera:

stamper

« Reply #6151 on: September 15, 2017, 11:37:55 am »

That wasn't such a bad prediction. Florida, as a whole, did indeed end up with minimum damage, relative to the expected "catastrophic" damage. Certain parts, in the direction of the Gulf, as Alan said, did suffer a bit more damage, but hardly "catastrophic." And certain individuals, of course, might have suffered, for them, a catastrophic damage. But, as a whole, Alan's prediction wasn't that much off the mark.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/09/12/damage_reports_from_areas_of_florida_hit_hardest_by_hurricane_irma.html

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #6152 on: September 15, 2017, 11:46:20 am »

Real pussy grabbing, caught on camera:

Funny, but obviously a fake image. Attached you'll find the original(?) image.

Credit to the real firefighter, not to the policy makers who are instrumental in such tragedies happening more often in the future.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 11:49:39 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6153 on: September 15, 2017, 12:01:36 pm »

Funny, but obviously a fake image....

Oh, no!? Did I fall for it again!?

...the policy makers who are instrumental in such tragedies happening more often in the future.

Now you are sounding just as smart as those seeing hurricanes as a punishment for electing Trump.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #6154 on: September 15, 2017, 12:50:03 pm »

Oh, no!? Did I fall for it again!?

Now you are sounding just as smart as those seeing hurricanes as a punishment for electing Trump.

Your remark makes no sense.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6155 on: September 15, 2017, 12:55:47 pm »

Your remark makes no sense.

The only difference between you and those guys is that they place the punishment (for electing Trump) in the present, and you place it in the future.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #6156 on: September 15, 2017, 01:38:18 pm »

Mixed messages usually indicate ya don't have a friggin' clue what you are doing....welcome to Donald Trump's world–incompetence and shooting himself in the foot.

Trump repeats equivocal Charlottesville rhetoric after meeting with black senator

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump maintained Thursday his controversial position that people on both sides of the deadly Charlottesville clashes were at fault, one day after meeting with the lone African-American Senate Republican who publicly condemned him over it.

Asked about the meeting with South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott, the President told reporters on Air Force One that many people have said he had a point when he remarked that there was "blame on both sides."

"We had a great talk yesterday," Trump said of his meeting with Scott. "I think especially in light of the advent of Antifa, if you look at what's going on there. You have some pretty bad dudes on the other side also, and essentially that's what I said. Now, because of what's happened since then with Antifa — you look at really what's happened since Charlottesville, a lot of people are saying and people have actually written, 'Gee, Trump might have a point.' I said, 'You've got some very bad people on the other side also,' which is true."

Then he turns around and does this...

Trump signs resolution condemning white supremacy

“As Americans, we condemn the recent violence in Charlottesville and oppose hatred, bigotry, and racism in all forms,” President Donald Trump said.

Washington (CNN)Hours after he returned to rhetoric equating violence from white supremacists with those protesting them, the White House said Thursday that President Donald Trump signed a resolution condemning white supremacy.

In the White House statement, Trump said he opposed bigotry in all forms.

"No matter the color of our skin or our ethnic heritage, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God," Trump said.

Congress passed the resolution earlier this week, pushing Trump to put his signature on something expressly singling out white supremacy for condemnation. The White House said in response to the resolution's passage that Trump would "absolutely" sign it, and looked forward to the opportunity.

The resolution condemned the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, last month and "white nationalists, white supremacists, the Ku Klux Klan, neo-Nazis and other hate groups."

And this is the guy who has his finger on the nuclear trigger...

Schewe

« Reply #6157 on: September 15, 2017, 01:49:41 pm »

And, speaking of hands...

Donald Trump Really Can’t Stop Talking About His Hands

Tiny hands?

In the weeks since both Hurricanes Harvey and Irma hit the U.S., Donald Trump has been traveling to the southern parts of the country to respond to the first natural disasters of his presidency, or in his case, to talk about himself. When he prepared to put on a pair of latex gloves while helping with Harvey relief earlier this month, Trump claimed “his hands were too big” for the gloves. And, in a clear move to recycle his bit, he said the same thing while helping with Irma relief in Florida on Thursday.

Per the Washington Post pool report, while Trump prepared to serve food to hurricane clean-up workers in Naples, Florida, he picked up a pair of rubber gloves and said, “They’re too small.”

It was hard to imagine when Graydon Carter, then the editor of Spy, called Trump a “short-fingered vulgarian” in 1988, that the insult would gnaw at Trump for decades. Even Trump’s competition in the 2016 election used it as a cudgel; Marco Rubio made mention of his fellow candidate’s “small hands” at a rally. Then again, Trump's nickname for Rubio, “Little Marco,” stuck, so he may have come out on top on that one.

But Trump has never been known to allow jokes at his expense, no matter how small. When both Seth Meyers and Barack Obama went after Trump at the 2011 White House Correspondents’ Dinner, he did not react favorably.

“I saw him a couple of nights afterward at an event in New York, and I walked over to thank him for being a good sport and he really impressed on me then that I had taken it too far,” Meyers recalled to The Hollywood Reporter in 2016. “He did not accept my offer of good sport.”

What a petty, petty man. So, I guess we have Seth Meyers to blame for motivating Trump to run for prez...Trump didn't like it when Seth said:

"Donald Trump has been saying he will run for president as a Republican, which is surprising since I just assumed he was running as a joke. Donald Trump often appears on Fox, which is ironic because a Fox often appears on Donald Trump's head. Donald Trump said recently he has a great relationship with the blacks, but unless the Blacks are a family of white people, I bet he is mistaken."

Incase you want a good laugh at Trump's expense:

Watch Meyers full 2011 speech
20:48

Schewe

« Reply #6158 on: September 15, 2017, 02:04:11 pm »

So, first Trump hails Harvey and Irma as historic storms but that's not "convenient" so now this sort of stuff has happened before? Except, it hasn't...

Trump dismisses climate change question by contradicting himself on hurricanes

Katia, Irma & Jose in single satellite capture.

(CNN)President Donald Trump, pressed on whether back-to-back deadly hurricanes have changed his views on climate change, dodged the question on Thursday by contradicting past comments he made about the size of storms that have rocked Texas and Florida.

But we all know that climate change is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese to make our industry less competitive, right? Isn't that what he said?

Trump, speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One on Thursday after touring damage from Hurricane Irma on Florida's west coast, said "we've had bigger storms than this" when asked about climate change.

"If you go back into the 1930s and the 1940s, and you take a look, we've had storms over the years that have been bigger than this," Trump said. "If you go back into the teens, you'll see storms that were as big or bigger. So we did have two horrific storms, epic storms, but if you go back into the '30s and '40s, and you go back into the teens, you'll see storms that were very similar and even bigger, OK?"

Scientists say rising global temperatures are likely to increase the intensity and impact of major storms. Last year was the Earth's warmest year on record for the third year in a row, NOAA reported.

--snip--

Trump's comments Thursday go against the hyperbolic language he used in the lead-up and aftermath of Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma.

"Hurricane Irma is of epic proportion, perhaps bigger than we have ever seen," Trump tweeted as Irma moved closer to Florida.

Earlier this month he tweeted, "Hurricane looks like largest ever recorded in the Atlantic!"

And on Thursday in Florida, before his comments aboard Air Force One about climate change, Trump said the people of Florida experienced something "the likes of which we can say really say nobody's ever seen before."

So, which Trump do we listen to? The one who doesn't know what he's talking about or the other one who spins hyperbolic exaggerations and lies? That's like asking the fellow about to be executed would you prefer to be shot or hung? Neither are an optimal outcome.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6159 on: September 15, 2017, 02:18:01 pm »

... So, which Trump do we listen to? ...

Ask the weathermen whose predictions he used.
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 331   Go Up