Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 917045 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Trump II
« Reply #5200 on: August 17, 2017, 10:54:55 pm »

Ok. Deleted the bit from the 19th century. Lets talk about the present day.

Bob, you can't not say what you said.  By deleting what you said, you make your entire post phony, just made up.  Why would anyone even consider it and respond to your other points?  Actually all your arguments were based on the incorrect point about how you treated your own aborigines against America's blacks.  Maybe you should just delete your entire post.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #5201 on: August 17, 2017, 11:18:33 pm »

Republican Senators and Congressman who go against him are walking on dangerous grounds.

Oh yeah, what about conservative intellectuals who strongly supported Trump like Julius Krein?

Julius founded Americal Affairs, which has been described as a "pro-Trump journal launched in an effort to give the Trump movement some intellectual heft. A quick glance at the articles reads like a modern-day version of National Review...it's a Trump Conservative (read Trump-luver's) manifesto for the defense of Trumpism. Serious, Julius was a high level Trump defender...then Charlottesville happened.

I dare anybody who has any support left for Trump to read this and consider the implications...

I Voted for Trump. And I Sorely Regret It.
By JULIUS KREINAUG. 17, 2017

When Donald Trump first announced his presidential campaign, I, like most people, thought it would be a short-lived publicity stunt. A month later, though, I happened to catch one of his political rallies on C-Span. I was riveted.

I supported the Republican in dozens of articles, radio and TV appearances, even as conservative friends and colleagues said I had to be kidding. As early as September 2015, I wrote that Mr. Trump was “the most serious candidate in the race.” Critics of the pro-Trump blog and then the nonprofit journal that I founded accused us of attempting to “understand Trump better than he understands himself.” I hoped that was the case. I saw the decline in this country — its weak economy and frayed social fabric — and I thought Mr. Trump’s willingness to move past partisan stalemates could begin a process of renewal.

It is now clear that my optimism was unfounded. I can’t stand by this disgraceful administration any longer, and I would urge anyone who once supported him as I did to stop defending the 45th president.

Far from making America great again, Mr. Trump has betrayed the foundations of our common citizenship. And his actions are jeopardizing any prospect of enacting an agenda that might restore the promise of American life.

So, yes, Trump is successfully whittling away his support, group by group and person by person. At some point the only people willing to support him will be the bottom of his base which ironically is the group that is the most likely to help bring down his presidency...the Alt-Right, white supremacist, neo-nazi, antiseminite "deplorables" that helped elect him.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #5202 on: August 17, 2017, 11:50:47 pm »

Maybe you should just delete your entire post.
Maybe you can delete the racial problems in the US by just ignore them.
The major point was that racial problems are largely caused by ignorance.
If only 55% of people vote then you can't really keep blaming the President.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5203 on: August 17, 2017, 11:52:37 pm »

It continues:

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/begins-democratic-strategist-calls-statues-washington-come/

"Democratic Strategist Calls for Statues of Washington to ‘Come Down’"

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #5204 on: August 18, 2017, 12:00:13 am »

There are no racial problems in the USA. There are only made-up "problems," as the left desperately needs to perpetuate victimhood in order to have something to whine about.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5205 on: August 18, 2017, 12:04:52 am »

Oh yeah, what about conservative intellectuals who strongly supported Trump like Julius Krein?

Julius founded Americal Affairs, which has been described as a "pro-Trump journal launched in an effort to give the Trump movement some intellectual heft. A quick glance at the articles reads like a modern-day version of National Review...it's a Trump Conservative (read Trump-luver's) manifesto for the defense of Trumpism.
Serious, Julius was a high level Trump defender...then Charlottesville happened.

I dare anybody who has any support left for Trump to read this and consider the implications...

I Voted for Trump. And I Sorely Regret It.
By JULIUS KREINAUG. 17, 2017

So, yes, Trump is successfully whittling away his support, group by group and person by person. At some point the only people willing to support him will be the bottom of his base which ironically is the group that is the most likely to help bring down his presidency...the Alt-Right, white supremacist, neo-nazi, antiseminite "deplorables" that helped elect him.

Trump isn't a conservative or a Republican.  He's a populist.  Trump, probably with Bannon, is going to try to peel off Democrat populists and Republican populist voters and incorporate them into a new Republican party.  Elites like Corker and Romney and intellectuals like Krein who represent the old guard will be replaced with Republicans who refute the liberal, intellectual, race baiting, identity politics of the Democrats and elite Republican fellow travelers.    I think that's what we're starting to see.  A total remake of the American political landscape.  I don't know if it will work or if there are enough people who will follow his populism.  But, if things continue to get out of hand, like Charlottesville, all Americans will have to choose sides and many will choose a populist President.  I think we're in for some tough times. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #5206 on: August 18, 2017, 12:15:45 am »

... Freedom is essential, but when it's freedom to continue being unfair, it simply entrenches privilege which in turn promotes inequality. ...

Hey Bill, I think I saw your friend, or at least someone who shares your views on freedom  ;)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #5207 on: August 18, 2017, 12:20:12 am »

I wonder where are the Left's instruments of teaching love (a.k.a. baseball bats) when it comes to Muslim Supremacy? Where is the outrage, counter-protests, violent attacks?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5208 on: August 18, 2017, 12:28:00 am »

There are no racial problems in the USA. There are only made-up "problems," as the left desperately needs to perpetuate victimhood in order to have something to whine about.
"It continues:

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/begins-democratic-strategist-calls-statues-washington-come/

"Democratic Strategist Calls for Statues of Washington to ‘Come Down’"

“For they sow the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind.” (Hosea 8:7)

For years Democrats have played the race card to divide Americans to get the vote.  They support prejudicial college entrance requirements based on the color of your skin instead of the character of your soul and grades.  They should have been trying to heal America and move forward.  But they thought it politically expedient to play the race card.  Now, Trump is turning their methods on its head and the Democrats shall reap the whirlwind.  Who's going to take down Washington statues, the man who cut down the cherry tree but told the truth about it, who freed America from the Brits in battle, the father of our country and our first president?  So what if he owned 100 slaves?  The Dems are falling into Trump's trap.  And elite Republicans will either change their ways and join Trump or lose to more populist members of their party.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5209 on: August 18, 2017, 12:53:30 am »

For years Democrats have played the race card to divide Americans to get the vote.  They support prejudicial college entrance requirements based on the color of your skin instead of the character of your soul and grades.  They should have been trying to heal America and move forward.  But they thought it politically expedient to play the race card.  Now, Trump is turning their methods on its head and the Democrats shall reap the whirlwind.  Who's going to take down Washington statues, the man who cut down the cherry tree but told the truth about it, who freed America from the Brits in battle, the father of our country and our first president?  So what if he owned 100 slaves?  The Dems are falling into Trump's trap.  And elite Republicans will either change their ways and join Trump or lose to more populist members of their party.

You see, for years, especially during the last eight years during economic hardship, the "deplorables", the white, the straight, the citizen,  non-Wall Street worker, the poor, have been marginalized, disrespected and laughed at by the Democrat liberal left and Republican elites who played the race card, who favored gays, and illegal immigrants, and bailed out the rich, who spit on America the "deplorables"  believed in. 

So now these same anti-Trump people  are continuing to play the same games of identity politics and race baiting.  And the white, the straight, the citizen, the non-Wall Street worker, the poor, will rise up and demand attention and support.  And the Dems will continue the same methods that will drive even moderate people into the Trump camp.  All because of the divisive methods of the Democrats,

Schewe

« Reply #5210 on: August 18, 2017, 02:25:40 am »

Quote from: Alan Klein on Today at 12:28:00 AM

You see, for years, especially during the last eight years during economic hardship, the "deplorables", the white, the straight, the citizen,  non-Wall Street worker, the poor, have been marginalized, disrespected and laughed at by the Democrat liberal left and Republican elites who played the race card, who favored gays, and illegal immigrants, and bailed out the rich, who spit on America the "deplorables"  believed in. 

So now these same anti-Trump people  are continuing to play the same games of identity politics and race baiting.  And the white, the straight, the citizen, the non-Wall Street worker, the poor, will rise up and demand attention and support.  And the Dems will continue the same methods that will drive even moderate people into the Trump camp.  All because of the divisive methods of the Democrats,

Doode...when you quote yourself it's like somebody walking down the street talking to themselves...either they are totally nuts or they are talking on their cell phone...which are you?

As for the second post, you wrote "And the white, the straight, the citizen, the non-Wall Street worker, the poor, will rise up and demand attention and support."

They did...and it got them Trump who not only isn't going to do anything to actually help them, he's doing things that will hurt them. The only support Trump will end up with are the Alt-Right, Neo-Nazi, White Supremacists and Antisemites.

What is the percentage of white people in the United States?
The percentage of non-Hispanic white people in the U.S. population has reached an all-time low: 63%. That is 197.7 million white people out of 313.9 million Americans. In 2000, whites were 69% of the population. In 1980, they made up 80%.

See a trend? Guess how many whites were in 2015? Do you think it when up or down? Yeah, the percent dropped to 62%. No dat on 2016...wonder how many there will be in 2018 for the midterms?

From a recent Census Bureau report (according to The Hill

The percentage of eligible Americans who showed up to the polls in November dipped slightly to the lowest rate in sixteen years, led by a sharp drop-off in the number of black voters casting ballots.

New data released Wednesday by the Census Bureau shows an estimated 61.4 percent of Americans over the age of 18 cast ballots, down from the 61.8 percent who voted in 2012 and well below the 63.8 percent who voted in 2004, the recent high-point of voter participation.

White voters were most likely to turn out; 65.3 percent of whites told Census Bureau surveyors they voted in 2016, more than a full percentage point higher than their participation rate in 2012.

But voter turnout among black voters fell almost seven percentage points, to 59.4 percent, the Census figures show — after hitting an all-time high of 66.2 percent in 2012.

Fewer than half of Asian Americans and Hispanic Americans turned out to vote; 49 percent of Asians and 47.6 percent of those of Hispanic origin showed up to the polls last year.

Hum, guess which voting block Trump is activating with his blatant racism?

Trump is successfully driving away college educated white men and women...he gonna end up with the Alt-Right, Neo-Nazi, White Supremacists and Antisemites. Wonder what the GOP will do about that? Likely a move away from the right towards the middle don't ya think? I can deal with a centrist GOP...

Schewe

« Reply #5211 on: August 18, 2017, 02:58:09 am »

White House Celebrates “Infrastructure Week” By … Canceling Infrastructure Council

Actually, I don’t know if this week technically qualifies as “infrastructure week.” The real “infrastructure week” was back in June. And that was a sh*tshow too

It was supposed to be a big week for infrastructure, though. That’s why Trump called that press conference in Trump Tower on Tuesday, remember — he was announcing an executive order to expedite the permitting process for infrastructure projects generated by whatever bill ends up passing Congress. The new infrastructure council, which the White House formed last month, was going to make recommendations on priorities for the bill. That was before he decided to spend 15 minutes riffing on the “very fine people” protesting via torchlight in Charlottesville last Friday.

--snipp--

What’s it going to take to get his agenda back on track? Maybe … it never gets back on track:

The president’s top advisers described themselves as stunned, despondent and numb. Several said they were unable to see how Mr. Trump’s presidency would recover, and others expressed doubts about his capacity to do the job…

Many in the White House said they still held on to the hope, however slim, that the new White House chief of staff, John F. Kelly, could impose order on the disarray even as Mr. Trump hopscotches from one self-destructive episode to the next.

“The Kelly era was a bright, shining interlude between failed attempts to right the Trump presidency and it has now come to a close after a short but glorious run,” said a GOP operative to WaPo. A senior official who’s thinking of whether to resign told Reuters, “After yesterday, it’s clear that there is no way for anyone, even a Marine general, to restrain his (Trump’s) impulses or counter what he sees on TV and reads on the web.” Expectations that Kelly would impose more discipline on Trump are one major casualty of Tuesday. It’s YOLO from here on out.

I won't bother to copy the stuff about Congress...we know that's totally screwed, but there's this:

Investors sell stocks, dollar on fears Trump agenda is foundering

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Asian stock investors joined a global retreat from riskier assets on Friday and the dollar wavered on rising doubts about U.S. President Donald Trump's ability to deliver his economic agenda.

European stock markets are also set for a negative start, with financial spreadbetter CMC Markets expecting Britain's FTSE 100 to open 0.5 percent lower, and Germany's DAX and France's CAC 40 to start the day down 0.7 percent.

While many people thought Trump was responsible for the stock market, he wasn't...it was the hope that economic reform, debt ceiling and tax reform would spur the economy and with the likes of Gary Cohn, Steven Mnuchin & Wilbur Ross, the markets were comfortable that those guy could handle Trump. Well...not so much. They may take off...

Market concerned Trump will scare away best advisors with Gary Cohn at the top of the list

Stocks sold off and the Dow saw its biggest drop in three months amid market worries that President Donald Trump's advisers will jump ship, leaving him unable to push his pro-growth agenda.

White House economic advisor Gary Cohn, well regarded on Wall Street as a voice of reason, was rumored to be among those preparing to leave, but the White House denied the rumor.

The president's comments that appeared to defend some of the people who marched at a white nationalist rally after deadly violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, have driven corporate leaders away from the White House.

Director of the National Economic Council Gary Cohn and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin look on as US President Donald Trump delivers remarks following a meeting on infrastructure at Trump Tower, August 15, 2017 in New York City.

White House Chief of Staff Gen. John Kelly looks on as US President Donald Trump speaks following a meeting on infrastructure at Trump Tower, August 15, 2017 in New York City.

You Trump supporters, keep telling yourself everything is gonna be all right.

Schewe

« Reply #5212 on: August 18, 2017, 03:07:40 am »

Now even James Murdoch is barking at the Trumpster...wonder what daddy Murdoch is gonna tell Trump?

'No good Nazis': James Murdoch criticises Donald Trump over Charlottesville

Rupert Murdoch with his son James, the CEO of 21st Century Fox.

21st Century Fox boss breaks with father, major Trump ally Rupert Murdoch, to tell staff that president’s reaction ‘concerns all of us as Americans and free people’

James Murdoch – chief executive of 21st Century Fox and son of Donald Trump ally Rupert Murdoch – has become one of the most prominent voices yet to condemn the US president’s response to neo-Nazi violence in Charlottesville.

In a memo to colleagues obtained by the Hollywood Reporter, Murdoch pledged to donate $1m to the Anti-Defamation League, which works to combat anti-semitism.

Rupert Murdoch is known to speak regularly to the US president and 21st Century Fox is the parent company of Fox News, which is a regular cheerleader for Trump.

What we watched this last week in Charlottesville and the reaction to it by the president of the United States concern all of us as Americans and free people,” Murdoch, 44, writes in the memo.

These events remind us all why vigilance against hate and bigotry is an eternal obligation – a necessary discipline for the preservation of our way of life and our ideals. The presence of hate in our society was appallingly laid bare as we watched swastikas brandished on the streets of Charlottesville and acts of brutal terrorism and violence perpetrated by a racist mob.

Murdoch adds: “I can’t even believe I have to write this: standing up to Nazis is essential; there are no good Nazis. Or Klansmen, or terrorists. Democrats, Republicans, and others must all agree on this, and it compromises nothing for them to do so.

He goes on to say that he and his wife, Kathryn, are donating $1m to the Anti-Defamation League in the wake of the tragedy, which left one civil rights activist dead. On Wednesday, Kathryn tweeted a link to a Politico article headlined, Time for My Fellow Republicans to Stand Up and Be Counted,, in which Matt Latimer, a former speechwriter for President George W Bush, denounced Trump and called on politicians to put country before party.

Still supporting Trump?

Really?

jeremyrh

« Reply #5213 on: August 18, 2017, 03:33:19 am »

So, does the top model create inequality? I use model as example because I know how that used to work; I guess you can interchange her with any other trade or business where personal characteristics come into play. Should all models be kicked out of work because the rest of the women may not match them for looks? (There are many pretty women around who wouldn't dream of doing what models have to do.) Political correctness would seem to suggest so; discrimination against beauty, then.

And if the models that you choose from already have the (say) Jewish candidates removed from the list, that's OK - because people will always have a scapegoat, right? I don't hear anybody demanding equality of outcome. What you seem to be defending is inequality of opportunity.

jeremyrh

« Reply #5214 on: August 18, 2017, 03:37:19 am »

when it comes to Muslim Supremacy?

Remind us when was the last time Muslims marched in the streets with assault rifles declaring their supremacy?

mecrox

• My Online Portfolio
« Reply #5215 on: August 18, 2017, 04:11:31 am »

Well, since you seem to beckon towards serious civil unrest in a country awash with guns, perhaps you'll get it. The most notable thing about your recent posts is the insistence that absolutely everything is somebody else's fault. But be careful what you wish for. The last time this kind of populism caught on it resulted in a rally at Madison Square Garden attended by 20,000 people led by a fellow called Fritz Julius Kuhn.

Most of the rest of the world probably now sees a rage-fuelled maverick on a one-man mission to exact revenge on the America which elected a black president and tear down every last vestige of it. But rage isn't a plan and destruction isn't achievement. If you stick with this guy he may well lead you to bloodletting and chaos but it's very unlikely he will lead you to the jobs and prosperity your country sorely needs. For that you need someone with a coherent programme for government and the skills to bring people together, not drive them apart. This guy has neither. Get rid of him while you still can.

Mark @ Flickr

Farmer

« Reply #5216 on: August 18, 2017, 05:34:10 am »

Then you shouldn't have implied  as you did earlier that white people who voted for Obama are closet racists. You could have just as easily callrd them enlightened and helped racial divisions.

By the way, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Australian senator wears a burqa in Parliament.
http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-australia-burqa-20170817-story.html

Firstly, that's not what I said.  Not ever.  Not even close.  You know it.  Stop telling lies, Alan.

As for the burqa?  The Attorney-General rebuked her in a reply to her question in the Senate.  His response was only a few minutes long, but it elicited a standing ovation from the opposition and cross benches (his direct and very vocally opposed political opponents), such was the clarity and honesty and virtue of his rebuke to Hanson.  I have *never* seen the opposition rise to a standing ovation for a government minister on anything.  So, I don't know what your point is?  We have a racist senator.  Yes.  There are racists in Australia, just as there are all over the world.  But the government and the opposition and the main cross bench party the Greens, who between them represent well over 90% of the population, rebuked her strongly.  She also managed to prove that her point (that you can't wear a burqa in a security environment) was wrong, since she was IDed before being allowed into the senate (as all senators are) and then proceeded to carry out her business.  Easy.

But, again, Alan - stop telling lies.  I responded to each of your points and all you manage to do is lie about something I never said and then bring up an issue that really shows you have no idea.
Phil Brown

Farmer

« Reply #5217 on: August 18, 2017, 05:41:18 am »

true... so why don't AU takes some illegal aliens from USA instead of sending us some of yours ? I bet Trump in a spirit of cooperation will gladly ship you a million or so latinos  ;D

That's a great idea!  Guess what?  That's EXACTLY what the deal is with the US. The US takes some illegal aliens from Australia who are seeking asylum and Australia takes a similar number of from America.  You might want to check facts before making silly statements.
Phil Brown

Farmer

« Reply #5218 on: August 18, 2017, 05:43:40 am »

his gov't put illegal aliens (he will agrue that those are not immigrants) in pretty much concentration camps outsourced to other nations

Concentration camps?  What's a load of rubbish.  Illegal aliens seeking asylum (who sailed past numerous places of sanctuary to try to get to Australia) are under detention (they attempted illegal entry), pending investigation and processing to test their claims of asylum.  They are not starved, forced to work, tortured, beaten, etc. at all.  They are under detention, yes, with internet, access to telephones, TV, entertainment, food and drinks, recreational facilities and so on.

If you can't argue without making up lies, I will have to call you Alan.
Phil Brown

Rob C

« Reply #5219 on: August 18, 2017, 06:35:53 am »

So, does the top model create inequality? I use model as example because I know how that used to work; I guess you can interchange her with any other trade or business where personal characteristics come into play. Should all models be kicked out of work because the rest of the women may not match them for looks? (There are many pretty women around who wouldn't dream of doing what models have to do.) Political correctness would seem to suggest so; discrimination against beauty, then.

And if the models that you choose from already have the (say) Jewish candidates removed from the list, that's OK - because people will always have a scapegoat, right? I don't hear anybody demanding equality of outcome. What you seem to be defending is inequality of opportunity.

Congrats. You have just proved how little you know about that world.

Thr fashion world, magazines and much of publishing and movies is almost exclusively Jewish-run or Jewish owned. Why? Because they have talent and they look after their own where they can.

Take a closer peek at Hollywood and TVtown for further proof of how strong is the Jewish hand. They don't need your protection or protests!

As for what you suggest I am 'defending' - you are simply proving again how little able you have been to follow my argument. There cannot be equality of outcome, as I wrote, there can only be one winner for any gig. Is that too difficult for you to get? Making an assumption on something different, as you have, is just a device to ward off attention to the real point you can't answer. Such a common ploy.

Rob
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 331   Go Up