Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 916802 times)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Trump II
« Reply #5040 on: August 15, 2017, 03:42:57 pm »

Abraham Lincoln was a racist.

I believe that 'quote' doesn't belong to Abraham Lincoln, but to Reverend James Mitchell of Indiana., later appointed Commissioner of Emigration, when he presented Lincoln with additional reasons why the Negroes should be colonized.

What is your answer to that?

I'm not an American, maybe you are? If so, you should probably know your own history better than me unless American education is really as bad as people say. So tell me, is it Lincoln's quote?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5041 on: August 15, 2017, 03:46:27 pm »

Ahmmm...

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5042 on: August 15, 2017, 03:48:28 pm »

Trump to revoke Obama-era flood risk building standards
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-infrastructure-idUSKCN1AV1ZI

QUOTE  August 15, 2017 / 6:55 PM  "WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump will revoke an Obama-era executive order on Tuesday that required strict building standards for government-funded projects to reduce exposure to increased flooding from sea level rise, sources said.

[...]

Flood policy expert Eli Lehrer, president of the libertarian R Street Institute, has been critical of many Obama initiatives. But he said revoking this order was a kneejerk political reaction by the Trump administration, which will end up costing taxpayers money.

"The Trump administration is acting very rashly in part out of the desire to undo a climate measure under the Obama administration," he said. "This is an enormous mistake that is disastrous for taxpayers. The (Obama) rule would have saved billions of dollars over time."  "

Anything to further his personal causes, and screw the taxpayers.

Cheers,
Bart
Another stupid regulation that costs too much and provides nothing.  First, the government rarely builds near the ocean.  Second, all these elevations in sea level even if they come will be decades away.  We are broke.  We are 20 trillion in debt; $625 billion this year alone.   We have to put to work quickly without delay and lower the cost for building construction.  I worked in public construction and I can tell you that it is so costly as it is.  We could build for a meteor strike too.  But you have to stop somewhere.

Bart, you're a foreigner.  Please stop wasting our tax money!  They'll be nothing left for us to give to NATO to defend Europe. 

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5043 on: August 15, 2017, 03:55:03 pm »

Ahmmm...

At least that one is funny, and not an attempted defamation of character.

But maybe Lincoln did say the words about colonization?
I don't know, so I'm looking forward to the explanation.

Cheers,
Bart

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5044 on: August 15, 2017, 03:58:05 pm »

Scott Pruitt is dismantling EPA in secret for the same reason the GOP health care bill was secret

“So, mum’s the word, then?” AP Photo/Andrew Harnik

If we're not careful w'll end up with environmental problems like the Love Canal, the river in Cleveland catching fire and smog in LA like China is fighting in Beijing. This will hurt people–and potentially cause diseases and ultimately death.

Proof?

Study: Air pollution causes 200,000 early deaths each year in the U.S.

Take the reigns off the EPA and it'll only get worse, not better.

Trump is reversing King Obama's edicts.  Good.  That's what we elected him to do.  Elections have consequences. 

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5045 on: August 15, 2017, 03:59:00 pm »

Bart, you're a foreigner.

Not according to my countrymen and women. And we know a thing or two about conquering water.

Cheers,
Bart

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5046 on: August 15, 2017, 04:06:49 pm »

Not according to my countrymen and women. And we know a thing or two about conquering water.

Cheers,
Bart

Good.  Spend their money. :)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5047 on: August 15, 2017, 04:14:39 pm »

Abraham Lincoln was a racist.

As for the Lincoln Monument. . . . Burn it down!

Oh wait, he freed the slaves didn't he?

When I saw the Academy Award winning movie about Lincoln, what shocked me is how his campaign manager, with Lincoln's knowledge, bribed voters at the Republican convention to win the nomination and go on to win the Presidency.  Then I remembered from childhood that it was slave owner, Honest George Washington who never told a lie.  I guess I got my presidents mixed up.  But both were very good men.  After all, we erected statues of them in Washington DC, didn't we?  We even put their likenesses on our dollars and everyone wants our money, don't they? 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5048 on: August 15, 2017, 04:54:54 pm »

This should worry everybody...

Web firm fights DoJ on Trump protesters

Protesters linked arms in the street on Inauguration Day

The Electronic Frontier Foundation, which is helping DreamHost fight its case, said: "No plausible explanation exists for a search warrant of this breadth, other than to cast a digital dragnet as broadly as possible."

So is the DOJ creating an enemies list for Trump? Kinda sounds like it...

I don't believe in mass searches.  I don't like general surveillance like the NSA does.  However, it appears this group executed illegal operations to block inauguration activities.  They used their website to organize, plan and execute illegal disruptions.   That appears to be the reason the courts are allowing investigators to see who the perpetrators were by who communicated with the web site.  It would be like the FBI wanting to get the names of people who used a web site where terrorist bombings were planned and carried out.  No. I'm not saying these people were terrorists.  I'm only saying they carried out illegal acts by similarly using a website. 

The web site even acknowledges they planned illegal activities:
"On the day of Inauguration, DisruptJ20 had 12 direct actions: one at each of the security checkpoints leading onto the inaugural parade route and the commencement ceremony. At seven of these checkpoints, activists’ explicit goal was to prevent people from passing through, and they achieved that goal. In total, we estimate that more than 2,400 folks were willing to risk arrest that morning to prevent folks from peacefully attending the inaugural ceremonies. At noon, more than 5,000 people marched from Union Station to McPherson Square, where DisruptJ20 had an ongoing presence all day, including 30 local organizations tabling under our warming tent. These numbers do not include the numerous autonomous actions that happened throughout DC, including the anti-capitalist bloc, Workers World Party marches, a march by Refuse Fascism blocking Route 395, and many others."

http://www.disruptj20.org/fck-yea-we-disrupted-it/

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5049 on: August 15, 2017, 05:01:08 pm »

I don't believe in mass searches.  I don't like general surveillance like the NSA does.  However, it appears this group executed illegal operations to block inauguration activities.  They used their website to organize, plan and execute illegal disruptions.   That appears to be the reason the courts are allowing investigators to see who the perpetrators were by who communicated with the web site.  It would be like the FBI wanting to get the names of people who used a web site where terrorist bombings were planned and carried out.  No. I'm not saying these people were terrorists.  I'm only saying they carried out illegal acts by similarly using a website. 

"On the day of Inauguration, DisruptJ20 had 12 direct actions: one at each of the security checkpoints leading onto the inaugural parade route and the commencement ceremony. At seven of these checkpoints, activists’ explicit goal was to prevent people from passing through, and they achieved that goal. In total, we estimate that more than 2,400 folks were willing to risk arrest that morning to prevent folks from peacefully attending the inaugural ceremonies. At noon, more than 5,000 people marched from Union Station to McPherson Square, where DisruptJ20 had an ongoing presence all day, including 30 local organizations tabling under our warming tent. These numbers do not include the numerous autonomous actions that happened throughout DC, including the anti-capitalist bloc, Workers World Party marches, a march by Refuse Fascism blocking Route 395, and many others."

http://www.disruptj20.org/fck-yea-we-disrupted-it/

By the way, if I'm not mistaken, the FBI is looking into doing the same thing to see if the white nationalist who used his car to run over people in Charlottesville was part of a conspiracy to get others who may have been involved.  By checking web sites where he communicated with, they are going to get court orders to find out who else communicated on that web site.  That way they can arrest other perpetrators who may have been involved.  Would you object to the same kind of search warrant in this case?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5050 on: August 15, 2017, 05:10:39 pm »

Trump is stealing my lines.  Comments he made today regarding Charlottesville riot.

"“Many of those people were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee,” Mr. Trump said. “This week, it is Robert E. Lee and this week, Stonewall Jackson. Is it George Washington next? You have to ask yourself, where does it stop?”

He noted that the first American president had owned slaves.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #5051 on: August 15, 2017, 05:14:59 pm »

Would you object to the same kind of search warrant in this case?

I would object to any far reaching warrent to obtain the IP numbers, names, addresses and other data for potentially millions of people...yes. Do all the public searches ya want but get a warrent for all ip addresses for people who "visited" a website? Yeah I have a huge problem with that...

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5052 on: August 15, 2017, 05:29:15 pm »

I would object to any far reaching warrent to obtain the IP numbers, names, addresses and other data for potentially millions of people...yes. Do all the public searches ya want but get a warrent for all ip addresses for people who "visited" a website? Yeah I have a huge problem with that...

I agree with you for a web site that appears to have no illegal activities.  But this site promoted illegal activities that were actually carried out. I have a feeling the courts agreed to the warrant because of that.   The people who ran the site could also face prosecution. 

Should the courts allow the FBI to check the web site the white nationalist who ran over those people used to plan his activity to see if there were co-conspirators? 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5053 on: August 15, 2017, 05:34:21 pm »

Was that white nationalist driving a sports car? If so, more reason to ban them.

People don't kill people, high horsepower vehicles do.

Let's be reasonable.  Only assault cars should be banned.  :)

Schewe

« Reply #5054 on: August 15, 2017, 05:42:01 pm »

post deleted...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 06:18:44 pm by Schewe »

Schewe

« Reply #5055 on: August 15, 2017, 05:59:36 pm »

I think reasonable minds will interpret my post as a humorous jab at extreme gun control advocates, not vehicular homicide.  You're smarter than that.

I think reasonable people would think your post was disgusting...too bad you don't-it says something about you.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5056 on: August 15, 2017, 06:15:20 pm »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5057 on: August 15, 2017, 06:16:31 pm »

I don't believe in mass searches.  I don't like general surveillance like the NSA does.  However, it appears this group executed illegal operations to block inauguration activities.  They used their website to organize, plan and execute illegal disruptions.

I'm interested. Please explain how organizing a protest is illegal in the USA?

"On the day of Inauguration, DisruptJ20 had 12 direct actions: one at each of the security checkpoints leading onto the inaugural parade route and the commencement ceremony. At seven of these checkpoints, activists’ explicit goal was to prevent people from passing through, and they achieved that goal.

Well, according to Trump they failed miserably. Just look at the description by Trump of the crowds that somehow managed to get through ...

Anyway, it is not about being successful or not, it's about illegal(?) organizing, no? What does your First Amendment have to say about it?

In total, we estimate that more than 2,400 folks were willing to risk arrest that morning to prevent folks from peacefully attending the inaugural ceremonies.

Are you suggesting that violence was planned to prevent the masses from getting in? Did fights break out? What did the police do? Any police records available that show links to the organizers of the protest? Any court cases recorded that clearly implicate the organizers of the protest (one of several)?

What was criminal? What is the basis for the request for the personal details of website visitors? What's supposed to be done with the information?

Cheers,
Bart

Schewe

« Reply #5058 on: August 15, 2017, 06:16:49 pm »

But because this thread is your pleasure, I will delete my post.

That's appreciated, thank you...

Now maybe Alan can edit his quote.

Schewe

« Reply #5059 on: August 15, 2017, 08:02:30 pm »

Meanwhile, by contrast to Trump's response to Charlottesville's violence,

Obama’s response to Charlottesville violence is one of the most popular in Twitter’s history

Barack Obama‏ ‏Verified account
@BarackObama
"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..."

5:06 PM - 12 Aug 2017

@BarackObama
"People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love..."

@BarackObama
"...For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." - Nelson Mandela

Unlike some former presidents, Barack Obama is showing no signs of completely abandoning public life.

Since leaving office, Obama has commented on major events or controversies, including the terrorist attack in Manchester, England, and Sen. John McCain's brain cancer diagnosis. He did so again on Saturday, after the deadly violence in Charlottesville.

“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion … People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love … For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite,” Obama said, quoting former South African president Nelson Mandela in tweets.

The first tweet, which shows a picture of Obama smiling at four children, has been retweeted more than 1 million times and liked 2.6 million times as of Tuesday afternoon.

According to Favstar, a Twitter-tracking site, it's one of the most-liked tweets in the history of Twitter, second to singer Ariana Grande's response to the deadly terrorist attack during her concert in Manchester. It also ranks No. 7 among the most retweeted tweets.

Compare the above to Trump's response on Sat, his 2nd response on Monday and the off the rails response today.

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 331   Go Up