Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 916503 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Trump II
« Reply #4400 on: July 24, 2017, 04:05:43 pm »

Chuck Schumer just threw Hillary Clinton under the bus.  And this is from liberal, anti-Trump CNN.  Love it.  Maybe Maggie Haberman will do an interview of Hillary to see what she says about Chuckie's comment.  She had no message except "I'm not Trump."   
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/24/politics/schumer-clinton-2016/index.html

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #4401 on: July 24, 2017, 04:19:14 pm »

Chuck Schumer just threw Hillary Clinton under the bus.  And this is from liberal, anti-Trump CNN.  Love it.  Maybe Maggie Haberman will do an interview of Hillary to see what she says about Chuckie's comment.  She had no message except "I'm not Trump."   
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/24/politics/schumer-clinton-2016/index.html
No question Hillary was a bad candidate but we'll never know how she would have done as a president
However the election is over, this thread is about MFIC Trump and as far as I'm concerned he's doing really bad. Talking others down isn't going to make him look one bit better.
pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4402 on: July 24, 2017, 04:30:12 pm »

And yet, here you are, posting in this thread. Hum...if you are not listening, how do you know what I'm posting?

;D
I'm not reading your posts.  You've got nothing to say except to knock Trump.   They're just re-posts of media's fake news.  But keep doing it.  Maybe it will work in the 2020 election.   If we can stop the Russians, maybe Clinton will win next time.  "HILLARY IN 2020"

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4403 on: July 24, 2017, 04:37:01 pm »

No question Hillary was a bad candidate but we'll never know how she would have done as a president
However the election is over, this thread is about MFIC Trump and as far as I'm concerned he's doing really bad. Talking others down isn't going to make him look one bit better.
I like it when a European says my President is doing bad. Europe only likes Presidents that kiss their butts; who let them get away with murder.  So that means the President is standing up for America, looking after American interests, which is good.   He's pulled out of Paris accord and told you to pay up the 2%.  Sure you're unhappy.  It's going to mean less money for Europeans and more for Americans.   

pegelli

« Reply #4404 on: July 24, 2017, 04:52:06 pm »

I like it when a European says my President is doing bad. Europe only likes Presidents that kiss their butts; who let them get away with murder.  So that means the President is standing up for America, looking after American interests, which is good.   He's pulled out of Paris accord and told you to pay up the 2%.  Sure you're unhappy.  It's going to mean less money for Europeans and more for Americans.
You got it wrong Alan, that's not why I think he is bad. In the end pulling out of Paris will hurt the US more then it will the rest of the world and he'll get his 2% eventually (but not now, since that's not what the agreement said). He's doing bad in my book because he's letting his voters down, passing legislation that mainly favours the (very) rich, preaching "made in America" but letting his own company (and the one of his daughter) off the hook. He's only providing lip-service but for the rest only looking out for himself and his cronies. The swamp is not getting drained, it's filling up faster then ever before. He's a walking disaster for the US but his supporters are blind for his failings.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 04:55:52 pm by pegelli »
pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4405 on: July 24, 2017, 05:05:55 pm »

You got it wrong Alan, that's not why I think he is bad. In the end pulling out of Paris will hurt the US more then it will the rest of the world and he'll get his 2% eventually (but not now, since that's not what the agreement said). He's doing bad in my book because he's letting his voters down, passing legislation that mainly favours the (very) rich, preaching "made in America" but letting his own company (and the one of his daughter) off the hook. He's only providing lip-service but for the rest only looking out for himself and his cronies. The swamp is not getting drained, it's filling up faster then ever before. He's a walking disaster for the US but his supporters are blind for his failings.
I didn't know you love us so much.  And care so much about us.  You've touched my heart. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4406 on: July 24, 2017, 10:31:19 pm »

So the Germans have been screwing car buyers in Europe as well as in the US with phony emissions tests that was to protect the planet and reduce global warming.  And Frau Merkle has been lying about it to protect German auto industries and German workers.  And she has the nerve to complain about Trump who pulls out of Paris because everyone else is cheating.  This is why Americans are against Paris and all the boosters who want America to spend money on clean energy. 

The German car makers have been conspiring to suspend competition in everything from vehicle development and engines, to suppliers and diesel emissions systems.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/24/investing/german-carmakers/index.html?iid=hp-toplead-dom

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #4407 on: July 24, 2017, 11:44:23 pm »

I'm not reading your posts.

I see...

(Anybody else see it too?)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #4408 on: July 25, 2017, 12:01:47 am »

So the Germans have been screwing car buyers in Europe as well as in the US with phony emissions tests that was to protect the planet and reduce global warming.  And Frau Merkle has been lying about it to protect German auto industries and German workers.  And she has the nerve to complain about Trump who pulls out of Paris because everyone else is cheating.  This is why Americans are against Paris and all the boosters who want America to spend money on clean energy. 

The German car makers have been conspiring to suspend competition in everything from vehicle development and engines, to suppliers and diesel emissions systems.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/24/investing/german-carmakers/index.html?iid=hp-toplead-dom

Alan, to set you straight, there is no connection between Angela Merkel (for umpteenth time - it's Frau Merkel not Merkle) and German automakers. Although she always drove German cars.
Her first car happened to be a used bright red 1984 VW Golf, but don't even think about a possible collusion between her and VW, it wasn't a Diesel.
Her present transportation is a sleek government owned, gasoline powered BMW with a license plate G-1 (see below). As far as I know, she has avoided driving and backing diesels.

As you may know, the diesel emissions are the worst at low speeds. At higher speeds, the CO emission and smoke opacity markantly decrease (hardly noticeable on German autobahns), so the solution for the USA would be to stop bitching and increase the highway speed limit.  Then those long drives from Toronto or NJ to Florida would be also much more fun. 

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:07:16 am by LesPalenik »

Schewe

« Reply #4409 on: July 25, 2017, 12:53:36 am »

So, CNN is a trustworthy journalistic source when it reports on something that agree's with Trump's World View, but if CNN reports something that pisses off Trump & Minions™ then it's #FAKENEWS!

Note, it was Volkswagen that had written to German antitrust officials last summer in which it admitted to possible anti-competitive behavior. So, it reported itself to government officials...how refreshing, a company that self reports (how very, very unAmerican huh?).

Schewe

« Reply #4410 on: July 25, 2017, 01:31:37 am »

Alan can skip this story because it's from #FAKENEWS!

Trump's Mistake at the Boy Scout Jamboree

The president addressed the quadrennial gathering like a campaign rally—talking to a group devoted to service as if it valued self interest.

Donald Trump continued his ongoing tour of cherished American institutions on Monday night, delivering yet another jarringly partisan speech to an apolitical audience—this one, comprised of tens of thousands still too young to vote.

During the campaign, his performance at the Al Smith dinner—where presidential candidates roast their rivals and themselves every four years—devolved into overt attacks on his opponent. Shortly after his election, he stunned CIA employees by delivering a campaign-style stump speech before the agency’s Memorial Wall. On Saturday, he surprised the crowd of uniformed personnel at the commissioning of the USS Gerald R. Ford by imploring them to lobby Congress in support of his agenda.

So his speech on Monday night to the 2017 Boy Scout Jamboree ought to have been unsurprising. Trump, after all, seems to have only one mode, irrespective of the setting, or the nature of the audience he’s addressing; one familiar litany of triumphs and grievances to which he constantly returns, delighting his fans and galling his critics.

But he retains the capacity to surprise.

“As the Scout Law says: ‘A Scout is trustworthy, loyal’—we could use some more loyalty, I will tell you that,” Trump said, and paused there. The assembled scouts shouted the rest of it for him: “…helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.”

Like millions of other boys, I grew up reciting that creed on weekends. I had always taken it to be a list of obligations; its lessons that the path to leadership lay in serving others, and that there are ideals greater than self-interest. The Scout Oath is a pledge to “do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law,” to subordinate self gratification to the pursuit of that litany of virtues.

So when Trump paused at “loyal”—when he interjected, “we could use some more loyalty”—I was stunned. This is the president who told James Comey, “I expect loyalty.” Over the weekend, he’d inveighed against Republicans who “do very little to protect their President.” And there he was, looking out at a sea of Scouts, telling them that “Boy Scout values are American values,” apparently unaware that his own definition of loyalty—something that he himself is owed—is precisely the opposite of the definition those Scouts are taught to embrace—something that we owe to others.

Just what the Boy Scouts would like to hear right? He president threatened to fire one of his Cabinet members, attacked former president Barack Obama, dissed his former rival Hillary Clinton, marveled at the size of the crowd, warned the boys about the “fake media,” mocked pollsters and pundits, and said more people would say “Merry Christmas” under his presidency.

He started his speech by saying: “Tonight we put aside all of the policy fights in Washington, D.C., you’ve been hearing about with the fake news. Who the hell wants to speak about politics when I’m in front of the Boy Scouts?"

Then went on and talked about politics because, well, he can't help himself...Trump whining, it's what he does.

Wonder if Trump has ever heard of the Boy Scout Law before his speech writers put it up on the teleprompter?

A Scout is:

Trustworthy,
Loyal,
Helpful,
Friendly,
Courteous,
Kind,
Obedient,
Cheerful,
Thrifty,
Brave,
Clean,
and Reverent.

Well, Trump is clean...he's very, very clean. He's a germaphobe! The rest, well not so much. I doubt Trump was ever a Boy Scout...ya know what I mean?

Ironic since the Boy Scouts are too young to vote. Maybe he's campaigning for 2020?

Schewe

« Reply #4411 on: July 25, 2017, 02:12:04 am »

Can you imagine working for this clown? Talk about getting the yips...

Donald Trump Is a Nightmare Boss
by MICHAEL BRENDAN DOUGHERTY

And he can’t get the ‘best people’ to work for him: As a newcomer, he has neither the loyalty of the expert class nor a long list of political allies who want to be rewarded with jobs.

The alert came across my phone, with a buzz. “White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer has resigned.” I don’t know Sean Spicer; I’ve only shared a room with him once. But I laughed at the alert. I noticed my own reaction to the news was little different from hearing an item about a coal miner being rescued from a disaster. Finally! Sean Spicer has reached safety. I imagined him emerging from the little press office on the side of the White House, covered in soot and looking like a man who newly appreciates freedom. Donald Trump is a nightmare of a boss. His inability to command loyalty from his political hirelings through insults and threats is not only degrading the functioning of his White House; it is threatening the very legitimacy of his administration.

--snip--

Trump’s “leadership” as a boss has created a White House that is notorious for its leaks, and for the way it constantly emits the stink of demoralization. Almost every story about dysfunction in the White House in the New York Times or the Washington Post is verified by so many anonymous sources close to the president that reporters are counting them by “dozens” now. Perhaps soon we’ll move on to “scores” of White House stool pigeons.

But the really dangerous effect of Trump’s mismanagement is that it further degrades his administration’s already compromised efforts at hiring staff for senior and sub-cabinet positions. It is literally preventing his administration from taking full possession of the executive branch of government Trump is supposed to lead.

Why would you go to work for him unless you were hard-up for work or needing to take a high-risk gamble with your career? No one in his right mind would respond to a Help Wanted ad that advertised the boss’s propensity to be angered by the trivial and the everyday, leading him to tweet angrily at colleagues or to say damaging things about his employees to the newspaper of record. No one would respond to that ad if it also mentioned that the boss would redirect all the blame below and spread most of the credit to himself and his family members. But this is the Help Wanted ad the executive branch of the United States has now.

--snip--

Trump is a third-rate boss, and he’s increasingly running a third-rate administration. How long until it changes the United States itself into a third-rate power?

#FAKENEWS? The liberal left biased media? Nope...the above is from the National Review

pegelli

« Reply #4412 on: July 25, 2017, 02:26:19 am »

I didn't know you love us so much.  And care so much about us.  You've touched my heart.
I didn't know your memory was so short, we've covered this a few times before ;)

But since you're not commenting on my main point anymore I am glad you finally agree that talking others down (who are not the US president) doesn't make Trump's shaky presidency look one iota better.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:30:38 am by pegelli »
pieter, aka pegelli

Otto Phocus

« Reply #4413 on: July 25, 2017, 06:17:03 am »

I see...

(Anybody else see it too?)

Yeah, that was pretty strange.  :D

Maybe he had someone else read your post to him?
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4414 on: July 25, 2017, 07:23:32 am »

So, CNN is a trustworthy journalistic source when it reports on something that agree's with Trump's World View, but if CNN reports something that pisses off Trump & Minions™ then it's #FAKENEWS!

Note, it was Volkswagen that had written to German antitrust officials last summer in which it admitted to possible anti-competitive behavior. So, it reported itself to government officials...how refreshing, a company that self reports (how very, very unAmerican huh?).
I used CNN because I thought it would impress you.  Well, here's another newspaper's article.  You can find thousands on the web.    In any case, why would you defend German auto manufacturers when they screwed 1.2 million Americans with dieselgate and millions more European VW owners?  VW diesel cars were polluting 40 times more than the permitted levels because of their collusion and lies.  They've been ordered to pay tens of billions in fines to American owners (plus a $2.8 criminal penalty) and will pay billions more to European owners.  They got caught with their pants down.  The company officials are coming "clean" because they don't want to go to jail.  So they're starting to get ahead of the curve for once to protect themselves.  They're not doing it because they've been struck honest. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/06/13/vw-faces-super-claim-dieselgate-uk-netherlands-motorists-join/

mbaginy

« Reply #4415 on: July 25, 2017, 07:33:11 am »

The Dieselgate affair is one issue, the suspected collusion another.  Cartel authorities have yet to prove any automakers' collusion to the detriment of customers or suppliers.  It’s a fairly recent allegation and investigations have just begun.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4416 on: July 25, 2017, 07:47:51 am »

Alan, to set you straight, there is no connection between Angela Merkel (for umpteenth time - it's Frau Merkel not Merkle) and German automakers. Although she always drove German cars.
Her first car happened to be a used bright red 1984 VW Golf, but don't even think about a possible collusion between her and VW, it wasn't a Diesel.
Her present transportation is a sleek government owned, gasoline powered BMW with a license plate G-1 (see below). As far as I know, she has avoided driving and backing diesels.

As you may know, the diesel emissions are the worst at low speeds. At higher speeds, the CO emission and smoke opacity markantly decrease (hardly noticeable on German autobahns), so the solution for the USA would be to stop bitching and increase the highway speed limit.  Then those long drives from Toronto or NJ to Florida would be also much more fun. 

I worked with a guy for 7 years whose name was Merkle.  Can't get it out of my head.  Anyway Frau Merkel has been protecting the German auto industry.  Well, she should as the German Prime Minister.  And Trump is protecting America's oil, coal, gas, fracking, and other American carbon industries as he should.  While America's pollution standards are higher than Europe's, Germany is polluting worse by not even meeting their lower standards but in fact allowing their German auto industry to cheat.  Meanwhile they criticize Trump pulling out of the one-sided Paris accord that will damage America carbon production interests.  (Canada and Australia too, eventually).  Trump may be a lot of things.  But he's not stupid.  He can smell a bad deal. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4417 on: July 25, 2017, 08:08:21 am »

The Dieselgate affair is one issue, the suspected collusion another.  Cartel authorities have yet to prove any automakers' collusion to the detriment of customers or suppliers.  It’s a fairly recent allegation and investigations have just begun.
What's to prove.  VW has admitted to cheating in America.  It is reimbursing tens of billions to VW owners here, billions in criminal fines.  There are millions more VW's in Europe than in America so more Europeans have been screwed; apparently you're not one of them.  As a German, I understand why you're protecting your auto industry.  Just like Trump is protecting our carbon industry.

There are also American criminal conspiracy (collusion) charges: "On 7 January 2017, a former top emissions compliance manager for Volkswagen in the US was arrested by the FBI on a charge of conspiracy to defraud the United States. On 11 January 2017 VW pleaded guilty to weaving a vast conspiracy to defraud the US government and obstructing a federal investigation and agreed to pay a US$2.8 billion criminal fine and US$1.5 billion in civil penalties. In addition, six executives have been criminally charged.

Schewe

« Reply #4418 on: July 25, 2017, 01:30:23 pm »

In any case, why would you defend German auto manufacturers when they screwed 1.2 million Americans with dieselgate and millions more European VW owners?

Hum...didn't think I was "defending" VW...I thought I was congratulating VW for self reporting potentially unfair and/or illegal collusion...
(I guess you didn't catch the irony about self reported "collusion", huh?)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4419 on: July 25, 2017, 01:42:16 pm »

Hum...didn't think I was "defending" VW...I thought I was congratulating VW for self reporting potentially unfair and/or illegal collusion...
(I guess you didn't catch the irony about self reported "collusion", huh?)
Congratulating Volkswagen for screwing up 8 million cars over 8 years illegally? Criminally violating US laws?  Polluting the atmosphere 40 times more than they were supposed to?  They didn't self report anything.   They were caught red handed.

Regarding Trump,  you've made a premature conclusion.   Fake news.   Nothing like VW.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 331   Go Up