Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 916334 times)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
Re: Trump II
« Reply #3720 on: June 21, 2017, 03:42:03 pm »

Trump's son-in-law launches Middle East peace effort
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-palestinians-usa-talks-idUSKBN19C162

QUOTE "President Donald Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, held talks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem on Wednesday, beginning a new U.S. effort to revive long-fractured Middle East peace efforts.

Kushner, a 36-year-old real estate developer with little experience of international diplomacy or political negotiation, arrived in Israel on Wednesday morning and will spend barely 20 hours on the ground -- he leaves shortly after midnight."

I wish him lots of luck, but cannot stop wondering; Where's the United States Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson? Isn't it his (department's) job? Why does a personal advisor to the president have to fly over and have a private meeting with the president of Israel, in "an effort to keep the conversation going"?

Airmiles (since Trump visited Camp David instead of Mar a Lago, and left the Kushners home)?

I don't know what the occasion was, but I saw a clip during a John Oliver rant during which Trump said he was assigning his son-in-law to the middle east problem. He said, I paraphrase, 'If he can't solve the middle east problem, then it can't be solved.' It was the usual now-normal over-the-top silly late night TV salesman boasting, but pathetically stupid nonetheless.
--
Robert

Peter McLennan

« Reply #3721 on: June 21, 2017, 03:43:50 pm »

Appalling video of Trump voters responding to the "push and shove" video

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/06/20/donald-trump-love-the-shove-moos-pkg-erin.cnn

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3722 on: June 21, 2017, 04:04:09 pm »

Bart doesn't owe you an apology...you actually owe him one for accusing him of doing something that he didn't do. He linked to a Reuters report. It was, what it was. He didn't make anything up and he didn't, as far as I can see, engage in "creating the innuendo and fake news". Wow, you sure seem on edge...what, don't you like finding out that Russia actually WAS actively trying to hack into the state elections?

Here, I'll copy the entire Reuters report including the Democratic Senator's complaints about not naming the states affected...

First off the Reuters article did indicate she stated that there was no effect on the votes.  So Bart took just what he needed to produce an innuendo and fake news against Trump. Apparently you didn't take the time to read it either but was quick to defend someone who knocks the president and the USA every time he posts. 

"Jeanette Manfra, the department's acting deputy undersecretary of cyber security, would not identify which states had been targeted, citing confidentiality agreements. She reiterated that there was no evidence that any actual votes were manipulated."

Also, it's interesting that when Trump quotes another internet article or one from a newspaper, you say he lies, it's fake news.  But when Bart does it, or you do,  you have the opposite viewpoint.  It's OK to quote another source, apparently, as long as it's point is something you agree with.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3723 on: June 21, 2017, 06:42:09 pm »

Well, let's see...I don't see Ossoff's loss as something the GOP should be celebrating-they just squeaked bye...

The Onion's take:

;D

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3724 on: June 21, 2017, 07:28:28 pm »

First off the Reuters article did indicate she stated that there was no effect on the votes.

No, it didn't. I quoted the full article (because it was so short) at the moment that I read it. That's how news agencies work, they are not newspapers that have a closing/deadline for publishing, instead, they publish when the news is happening, and add or correct after other reporters or sources get new/updated information to improve the initial report. Chance has it that Jeff's quote was also different from when you read it for the first time. You can easily verify that for new just published reports. After a short period, the article will be expanded/updated/corrections made.

BTW, 'Reuters' is classified as one of the "Least biased" information sources, because it takes some time to verify the initial information and they try to avoid potentially colored/biased classifiers. So when other sources have a different view, they will adapt to a more weighted/neutral take on things. Their business model depends on reliability.

Cheers,
Bart

P.S. the current article ends with: QUOTE "(Additional reporting by Susan Heavey; Writing by Phil Stewart; Editing by James Dalgleish)". By the time you read it, more changes may have been made.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:05:52 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3725 on: June 21, 2017, 08:26:40 pm »

Also, it's interesting that when Trump quotes another internet article or one from a newspaper, you say he lies, it's fake news.  But when Bart does it, or you do,  you have the opposite viewpoint.  It's OK to quote another source, apparently, as long as it's point is something you agree with.

Wow...somebody is pretty confused...I just went back and reread the associated posts and you seem to foaming at the mouth about something that didn't actually happen. The Rueters article changed over time...what you are accusing Bart of doing he didn't do. And just because you yell fake news doesn't mean it is...take a chill pill and reserve your outrage and indignation for when it's justified.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3726 on: June 21, 2017, 09:01:06 pm »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3727 on: June 22, 2017, 07:40:59 am »

Wow...somebody is pretty confused...I just went back and reread the associated posts and you seem to foaming at the mouth about something that didn't actually happen. The Rueters article changed over time...what you are accusing Bart of doing he didn't do. And just because you yell fake news doesn't mean it is...take a chill pill and reserve your outrage and indignation for when it's justified.
The bottom line is you and Bart foam at the mouth when Trump quotes a news article that appears to get it wrong.   But when your side does it, you claim it's the news outlet's fault.   Double standard.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3728 on: June 22, 2017, 07:41:48 am »

Gulags coming to a country near you:

"Canadians Can Now Be Fined Or JAILED For Using Wrong Gender Pronouns"

http://www.dailywire.com/news/17756/orwellian-canadians-can-now-be-fined-or-jailed-amanda-prestigiacomo

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3729 on: June 22, 2017, 08:01:28 am »

Gulags coming to a country near you:

"Canadians Can Now Be Fined Or JAILED For Using Wrong Gender Pronouns"

http://www.dailywire.com/news/17756/orwellian-canadians-can-now-be-fined-or-jailed-amanda-prestigiacomo
What do you expect from  from liberals like Trudeau?  Meanwhile in America,  free speech is still fully protected by our constitution.   The Supreme Court just  ruled that you can not only use but also copyright perverse and insulting words and names such as the oriental band that copyrighted the name The Slants.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3730 on: June 22, 2017, 08:44:27 am »

What do you expect from  from liberals like Trudeau?  Meanwhile in America,  free speech is still fully protected by our constitution.

Maybe you haven't read or understood the linked article? 
“Bill C-16 has passed the Senate — making it illegal to discriminate based on gender identity or expression.

The Canadian Senate apparently is not in favor of discrimination.

So are you saying that you are in favor of discrimination?

Cheers,
Bart

P.S. Maybe there is some legal concern possible about some definitions in the bill that are used without solid legal basis, but that's up to the Canadian lawmakers to decide and amend.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 08:53:50 am by BartvanderWolf »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3731 on: June 22, 2017, 09:01:58 am »

... P.S. Maybe there is some legal concern possible about some definitions in the bill that are used without solid legal basis...

No kidding! (emphasis mine)

Non-discrimination on the basis of gender identity and expression may very well be interpreted by the courts in the future to include the right to be identified by a person’s self identified pronoun.   The Ontario Human Rights Commission, for example, in their Policy on Preventing Discrimination Because of Gender Identity and Expression states that gender harassment should include “ Refusing to refer to a person by their self-identified name and proper personal pronoun”.  In other words, pronoun misuse may become actionable, though the Human Rights Tribunals and courts.

Source: http://sds.utoronto.ca/blog/bill-c-16-no-its-not-about-criminalizing-pronoun-misuse/

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3732 on: June 22, 2017, 10:30:07 am »

No kidding! (emphasis mine)

Source: http://sds.utoronto.ca/blog/bill-c-16-no-its-not-about-criminalizing-pronoun-misuse/

It's always funny when a Psychology professor makes assumptions about how the Law might be interpreted by judges. To me, it's a bit too much of an opinion (by someone who's not an expert in Law) to quote as if it were a certainty.

It can also be tricky to interpret Canadian Law from an American (or other) legal amateur's perspective. One would at least have to study Canadian jurisprudence before beginning to grasp the subtleties, IMHO of course.

Cheers,
Bart

Peter McLennan

« Reply #3733 on: June 22, 2017, 11:27:46 am »

Trump's recent statement that it was his idea to put solar panels on the Mexico wall really is beyond the pale. A perfect example of a six-year-old's thinking.

Or someone well and truly baked  :)

Can you imagine a more inefficient distribution of photovoltaics than a 2000 mile long ten foot wide string?  Solar panels are deployed in rectilinear and circular arrays for good reason. 

That he thinks such an idea will appeal to his base is further proof of his disdain for them.  Admit it, Trumpers.  You've been HAD.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3734 on: June 22, 2017, 11:59:45 am »

Trump's recent statement that it was his idea to put solar panels on the Mexico wall really is beyond the pale. A perfect example of a six-year-old's thinking.

Or someone well and truly baked  :)

Can you imagine a more inefficient distribution of photovoltaics than a 2000 mile long ten foot wide string?  Solar panels are deployed in rectilinear and circular arrays for good reason.

It's laughably inefficient indeed, and the PVs would probably have to be on the Mexican side (generally pointing to the South)!!!
Maybe someone uttered that search lights and motion detectors could be solar powered to avoid having to build long distance power lines, but it got misunderstood?

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:02:58 pm by BartvanderWolf »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3735 on: June 22, 2017, 12:01:55 pm »

U.S. intelligence chiefs say they did not feel pressured by Trump: CNN
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKBN19D1TU

QUOTE Thu Jun 22, 2017 | 10:32am EDT Two top U.S. intelligence officials have told investigators President Donald Trump suggested they publicly deny any collusion between his presidential campaign and Russia, but they did not feel he had ordered them to do so, CNN reported on Thursday, citing multiple sources.

Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and National Security Agency Director Admiral Mike Rogers met separately last week with investigators with Special Counsel Robert Mueller and the Senate intelligence committee, according to CNN.

The two senior officials said they were surprised at Trump's suggestion and found their interactions with him odd and uncomfortable, but they did not act on the presidents' requests, CNN reported, citing sources familiar with their accounts.

Cheers,
Bart

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3736 on: June 22, 2017, 01:02:33 pm »

Election Hackers Altered Voter Rolls, Stole Private Data, Officials Say
http://time.com/4828306/russian-hacking-election-widespread-private-data/

QUOTE 11:24 AM ET  The hacking of state and local election databases in 2016 was more extensive than previously reported, including at least one successful attempt to alter voter information, and the theft of thousands of voter records that contain private information like partial Social Security numbers, current and former officials tell TIME.

In one case, investigators found there had been a manipulation of voter data in a county database but the alterations were discovered and rectified, two sources familiar with the matter tell TIME. Investigators have not identified whether the hackers in that case were Russian agents.

Cheers,
Bart

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3737 on: June 22, 2017, 01:29:22 pm »

Trump says he did not record conversations with former FBI Director Comey
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-tapes-idUSKBN19D27L

QUOTE Thu Jun 22, 2017 | 1:11pm EDT  "U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday said he did not make and does not possess any tapes of his conversations with former FBI Director James Comey, laying to rest speculation that arose after he tweeted last month that Comey better hope there were no tapes.

"With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea whether there are 'tapes' or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings," Trump wrote on Twitter."

For Alan, this is again a full quote because the article was so short.

Well, if Trump didn't make or have any tapes, why wait to deny that? Is this a diversion from something else?

Cheers,
Bart

Otto Phocus

« Reply #3738 on: June 22, 2017, 01:34:34 pm »

In other words, congress called Trump's bluff and all he had was a deuce.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3739 on: June 22, 2017, 04:54:07 pm »

Some things ya just wish you could unsee. So since I saw it, of course I wanted to spread the misery...

This Donald Trump Swimsuit Is Here to Ruin Summer for All of Us

If you're looking forward to escaping the headlines and endless Trump tweets with a beach getaway this summer, bad news: a one-piece bathing suit is about to sabotage that little plan.

Beloved Shirts, a company that describes itself as "a brand that says it's ok to wear pizza on your clothing," has created a new swimsuit featuring a close up of Donald Trump's face. The one-piece features a zoomed-in version of Trump's "shocked" expression and is currently on sale for £39.65 ($49.95)-a small price to ruin everyone's entire summer.

Just in case you want to imagine this on a body...

#OMGNO
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 331   Go Up