Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 916284 times)

stamper

Re: Trump II
« Reply #2800 on: May 21, 2017, 11:40:19 am »

Apparently when Trump met the Saudi leader the Saudi leader said.....welcome to the Gulf.... and Trump replied....where's the club house. ;)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2801 on: May 21, 2017, 11:43:40 am »

Apparently when Trump met the Saudi leader the Saudi leader said.....welcome to the Gulf.... and Trump replied....where's the club house. ;)
Trump's going to build a new golf course there. It going to have grass traps. 
(corrected spelling)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2802 on: May 21, 2017, 11:49:51 am »

... Hum, I think it looks just like the one they gave Obama...

Hmmm... I am not sure... looks like Obama was just dressing up for a visit to the 'hood:  ;)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2803 on: May 21, 2017, 12:55:12 pm »

Hmmm... I am not sure... looks like Obama was just dressing up for a visit to the 'hood:  ;)

I guess as an old white guy you have no idea how racially insensitive that is, huh?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2804 on: May 21, 2017, 01:02:43 pm »

The tale of two arrivals:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 01:11:33 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2805 on: May 21, 2017, 01:13:56 pm »

Remember...

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2806 on: May 21, 2017, 01:28:49 pm »

I guess as an old white guy you have no idea how racially insensitive that is, huh?

Why is that racially insensitive?  We've got to lighten up a little.  Every group, race, nationality, culture, have their own "tics" and styles of dress and personalities.  People joke about whether the Scotchman is wearing underwear under his kilt.  Whether Californians are all "La La Land".  Heck, I use to wear gold chain too, maybe not that much, couldn't afford it.  It went out of style.   Frankly only rich black men could afford to wear it; it's their style and ego statement.  I'm sure they're proud they can wear it.  On the other hand, it's always funny when you make fun of people's ego, to show their hubris.  So, I know some white men who wouldn't be caught dead driving around in anything beneath a Lexus or Mercedes.  It's a joke around here.  Does that make me prejudiced?

Schewe

« Reply #2807 on: May 21, 2017, 03:18:25 pm »

Why is that racially insensitive?

--snip--

Frankly only rich black men could afford to wear it; it's their style and ego statement.

--snip--

I Does that make me prejudiced?

Really?

Wait, you aren't joking, right?

Oh my...

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2808 on: May 21, 2017, 03:27:39 pm »

Really?

Oh my...

Don't hide behind "righteous indignation," explain instead to us unwashed, low-information, uneducated, ignorant, deplorable masses why. Why is it ok to throw every "-ism," every "-ist," every kitchen sink and what not at an old white man, but god forbid one makes a joke about a certain subculture.?

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2809 on: May 21, 2017, 03:41:06 pm »

Can someone who is more familiar with american politics than I am explain why it's ok for Trump to demonize muslims while at the same time signing a multi-billion dollar arms deal with the country from where all the 9/11 terrorists came?
--
Robert

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2810 on: May 21, 2017, 04:14:39 pm »

Can someone who is more familiar with american politics than I am explain why it's ok for Trump to demonize muslims while at the same time signing a multi-billion dollar arms deal with the country from where all the 9/11 terrorists came?

Because a) he is not "demonizing Muslims," he is demonizing radicalized Muslims and b) it is a $100 billion deal

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2811 on: May 21, 2017, 07:07:35 pm »

Really?

Oh my...
You've learned very well from the anti-Trump media how to take things out of context to demean what was said.  I was laughing at the ego centric display that rich black men use to show that they've made it.  Those one or two pounds of gold chain run about $15000 per pound.  Poor blacks can't afford it.  No different than some white guy (or black or Asian for that matter) showing off driving around in a Ferrari.  We all can laugh at the hubris of it all.  But it isn't racist. It's about the foolish things all people do to display their superiority.   The Democrats want to make it racist because they play identity politics, dividing Americans one group against the other.  Racial, gender, class, etc.  So now you're doing the same thing.  Playing racial politics.

Schewe

« Reply #2812 on: May 22, 2017, 12:15:14 am »

Why is it ok to throw every "-ism," every "-ist," every kitchen sink and what not at an old white man, but god forbid one makes a joke about a certain subculture.?

Hum, I think I wrote racially insensitive didn't I?

Are you saying your attempt at humor wasn't playing on racial stereotypes? Why not use the photo of Trump instead of Obama? Simple, that wouldn't have been as funny to you, right? It honestly didn't occur to you that you were intentionally comparing Obama to gangsta's from the hood as a racial joke?

That is what being racially insensitive looks like. And it's not the first time racially insensitive posts have been made in this thread. (and it wasn't the last).

I didn't find your post funny...

P.S. if you don't think your post is racially sensitive, I dare you to make some prints of the post and hand them out at 53St & Halstead here in Chicago...ask the members of 'the hood' what they think.

Schewe

« Reply #2813 on: May 22, 2017, 12:42:17 am »

I was laughing at the ego centric display that rich black men use to show that they've made it.

Wow...so black men now need to wear goofy huge chains and necklaces to show they are rich?

I see a lot of successful black guys here in Chicago...I don't see a lot (read any) black men wearing 1 or 2 pound gold chains...I've seen some wannabe rap performers trying to be gangsta do that but I'm not sure how "successful" they are...the current crop of rappers like Chance the Rapper from here in Chicago don't try to be gangsta. Won a Grammy for best new artist, best rap album, best rap performance (and nominated for 4 others awards). He doesn't wear 2 lbs gold chains...

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2814 on: May 22, 2017, 01:04:06 am »

... Why not use the photo of Trump instead of Obama? ...

I would have... except I couldn't find pics of six white men wearing 2 lb gold chains to go with it  ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:07:40 am by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Schewe

« Reply #2815 on: May 22, 2017, 01:04:48 am »

NATION FAVORS TRAVEL BAN ON PERSON WHO HAS RECENTLY VISITED MUSLIM COUNTRY

RIYADH (The Borowitz Report)—In a notable shift of public opinion, a substantial majority of Americans now favor a travel ban on a person who has recently visited a Muslim country, a new poll shows.

According to the poll, if such a person travelled to a country in the Middle East, for example, he should be subjected to extreme vetting before he is allowed to return to the United States.

By Andy Borowitz   May 20, 2017

Schewe

« Reply #2816 on: May 22, 2017, 01:08:50 am »

I would have... except I couldn't find pics of six white men wearing 2 lb gold chains to go with it  ;)

The chains are under their beards...

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2817 on: May 22, 2017, 01:12:02 am »

...The chains are under their beards...

Which one is you, again? Sorry, couldn't tell, the camouflage is too good. ;)

Schewe

« Reply #2818 on: May 22, 2017, 01:21:57 am »

You didn't look too hard...

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2819 on: May 22, 2017, 08:34:18 am »

We men know what ostentatious and gaudy things are used for whether they're gold chains around our necks or gilded penthouses like Trumps or Ferraris, jets, or Rolexes.  And it's got nothing to do with race.  It's either to impress other men with our status or...
http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/weirdest-bowerbird?source=relatedvideo
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 331   Go Up