Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump  (Read 9148 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Trump
« on: February 04, 2017, 07:41:10 pm »

Just curious whether traditional Republican supporters in the US are still supporting Trump?

It seems obvious that the "small people" who thought they would be better represented by Trump have already been stabbed in the back several time this week, I was wondering whether traditionnal partisanship was still alive in front of the obvious disaster that is unfolding.

Cheers,
Bernard

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 08:17:54 pm »

Just curious whether traditional Republican supporters in the US are still supporting Trump?

It seems obvious that the "small people" who thought they would be better represented by Trump have already been stabbed in the back several time this week, I was wondering whether traditionnal partisanship was still alive in front of the obvious disaster that is unfolding.

Cheers,
Bernard

Exactly what has Trump done, that he did not say he was going to do during the campaign?
Craig Lamson Photo

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 12:27:01 am »

Exactly what has Trump done, that he did not say he was going to do during the campaign?
Well, for one thing, instead of "draining the swamp" as he promised, he has been refilling the swamp with wealthy cronies who don't know or care one whit about the poor folks who supported him.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 01:30:37 am »

Trump said his policies "would drain the swamp".  So he's brought in the largest reptiles he could find outside the Washington DC swamp to eat all the other regular Washington DC Democrat and Republican reptiles who have been there for years operating against the average American.    As long as Trump keeps a handle on his reptiles and they don't revert to kind, things might be different.  Time will tell.

Tony Jay

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 01:52:11 am »

Trump said his policies "would drain the swamp".  So he's brought in the largest reptiles he could find outside the Washington DC swamp to eat all the other regular Washington DC Democrat and Republican reptiles who have been there for years operating against the average American.    As long as Trump keeps a handle on his reptiles and they don't revert to kind, things might be different.  Time will tell.
One of the more extraordinary political commentaries I have ever heard or read!

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 02:04:37 am »

Well, this is kinda what's happening here...the next New Yorker Magazine kinda tells the story :~(
New Yorker cover for February 13 and 20, 2017

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 03:23:24 am »

One of the more extraordinary political commentaries I have ever heard or read!

Yeah, I thought it was pretty extraordinary too.   Thanks for the compliment.

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 04:57:43 am »

The No.1 question in the semantics quiz of the week: when is a reptile not a reptile?

Discuss.

Rob C

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 05:16:29 am »

Trump took the piss out of a disabled reporter, because of his cerebral palsy. That gives you the measure of the man. I don't see anything he's done since taking office, as indicating that he's any better than the ignorant little **** he showed himself to be on that day.

I'm not expecting Trump voters to admit a mistake in voting for him, a) because some share his values, and b) cognitive dissonance

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 06:34:49 am »

The No.1 question in the semantics quiz of the week: when is a reptile not a reptile?

Or an 'alternative' reptile.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 06:51:03 am »

Brilliant image, simple, yet with a strong message.

I had an image (attached) in mind that is a bit more of DJT's level.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 10:40:14 am »

So when will he be impeached? 

http://abc30.com/news/conway-cites-massacre-that-never-happened-to-defend-trump-travel-ban/1735603/

Isn't this what started happening in Nazi Germany.  But this is America and we have checks and balances????  This is absoulutely amazing! Yet it is OK now to fool people.  I'm trying to understand, or maybe I have been tricked?  This is just the beginning. 

Good bye Democracy.  At least maybe some good music will come from all of this. I always wanted to see Jimmi Hendrix play the Star Spangled Banner!

Jimmy Hendrix at the Super Bowl

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:43:18 am by HSakols »

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 12:03:37 pm »

In addition
the magazine Der Spiegel has the following cover
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Craig Lamson

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 12:54:06 pm »

Exactly....
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 12:56:01 pm »

Well, for one thing, instead of "draining the swamp" as he promised, he has been refilling the swamp with wealthy cronies who don't know or care one whit about the poor folks who supported him.

Oh you mean people who know what it's like to make things, build and run businesses, and manage finance, instead of beltway boys and girls who feast on the goodies provided by the taxpayers?
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 12:59:57 pm »

http://abc30.com/news/conway-cites-massacre-that-never-happened-to-defend-trump-travel-ban/1735603/

Isn't this what started happening in Nazi Germany.  But this is America and we have checks and balances????  This is absoulutely amazing! Yet it is OK now to fool people.  I'm trying to understand, or maybe I have been tricked?  This is just the beginning. 

Good bye Democracy.  At least maybe some good music will come from all of this. I always wanted to see Jimmi Hendrix play the Star Spangled Banner!

Jimmy Hendrix at the Super Bowl

Government has been fooling people for almost forever and the so called free press I'd even worse.  But remember you can keep your doctor and insurance and that Benghazi was caused by a video...
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 01:10:25 pm »

Trump took the piss out of a disabled reporter, because of his cerebral palsy. That gives you the measure of the man. I don't see anything he's done since taking office, as indicating that he's any better than the ignorant little **** he showed himself to be on that day.

I'm not expecting Trump voters to admit a mistake in voting for him, a) because some share his values, and b) cognitive dissonance

I fully believe that everyone who voted for Trump fully understood what and who they were voting for, and exactly what they were voting against.   Unless he fails to do the bulk of  what he said he would do, I don't expect the people who voted for him believe their vote was a mistake.  And I fully expect that none will care one whit what the losing side has to say.  I mean it's not like they gave a dang...for the most part, for what conservatives had to say for the last 8 years. 

What was it Obama said....oh yea... elections have consequences,  and I Won.  But you can always jump onboard the Trump train....
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 01:53:03 pm by Craig Lamson »
Craig Lamson Photo

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 02:01:14 pm »

I fully believe that everyone who voted for Trump fully understood what and who they were voting for, and exactly what they were voting against.   Unless he fails to do the bulk of  what he said he would do, I don't expect the people who voted for him believe their vote was a mistake.  And I fully expect that out will care one whit what the losing side has to say.  I mean it's not like they gave a dang...for the most part, what conservatives had to say for the last 8 years. 
There are a number of sites that are tallying up the broken promises and I'm sure that list will increase as time goes on.  He said the government needed to halt out of control drug prices and he hated that the government didn't negotiate prices with the Medicare and Medicaid programs.  Yet, here he is meeting with the heads of the pharmaceutical industry this week and promising them more tax breaks and fewer regulations.  Now this is the industry where I spent almost my entire working career and he promising tax cuts and lees regulation.  And this helps the Trump voter how????  We haven't even gotten to tax reform yet and woe be it if the carried interest loophole stays in the code.  Also, we just saw a bunch of deregulation of the energy industry and in particular the eliminating some water pollution regulations from mountain top blasting.  Tell me how this benefits the Trump voters.  Don't talk about the promise to bring back the coal industry, that's dead in the water because of fracking and low cost natural gas not because of regulations.  Tell me how border tariffs that raise the price of foreign goods sold at Wall-Mart (a favorite shopping place of many Trump voters) help out.  Tell me how removing the fiduciary responsibility rule for those advising people about retirement plans so that they no longer have to have the customer's best interest in mind.  I could go on with a bunch of other examples and this is only the beginning.   You should be getting the drift about where things are going here.  It was both a long shot and a long con and now both are coming home to the voters.  They will be able to decide for themselves about whether his actions are right for the times. 

When tax reform happens come back and let me and the other know how much it helped you individually versus the Wall Street Crowd.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 02:11:07 pm »

He's probably going to resign within 18 months (probably sooner).  His businesses are going to be taking a big hit.  His daughter's clothing and jewelry lines have already been pulled from two large department stores because of protests.  It's been well documented that the ties with his business have not been adequately separated.  His sons who are running the businesses enjoy Secret Service protection and the Washington Post reported that taxpayers just spent about $100K for protection of Don Jr. on business trip to Uruguay.  Now you might ask why didn't the Trump Organization pay for this as a business expense and write it off.  I'm asking the same thing myself as a taxpayer.  If this is how much it costs for "protection," I can easily see several $millions going towards the protection of Trump business interests.  We still have not seen his tax returns that should provide all the details about foreign bank loans.  The President said that only the press was interested in the tax returns, yet a petition on his own White House website now has 467K citizen signatures requesting that he release them, well over the 100K that trigger's a response from the White House.  Is he going to dis the people?  These are the things he cares about and the pressure will continue building.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2017, 02:17:18 pm »

If he fails to keep his promises to his supporters , he won't be re-elected in 2020.  The rest is just discussion.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up