Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sigma 85/1.4 - stellar  (Read 7143 times)

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Sigma 85/1.4 - stellar
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 05:17:03 am »

...using the excellent FoCal software from Reikan...

could you explain if you do or not use the USB dock in the case of Sigma lenses.
In other words - does focal work with the USB-dock thsat Sigma supplies for firmware/focus calibration?
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
Re: Sigma 85/1.4 - stellar
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 10:59:44 am »

could you explain if you do or not use the USB dock in the case of Sigma lenses.
In other words - does focal work with the USB-dock thsat Sigma supplies for firmware/focus calibration?

To be honest, though I bought the Sigma Optimizer Dock, I've never used it. To me, it's a lot more cumbersome than the FoCal solution, which is essentially automatic. The Sigma relies on you taking photos at different distances, eyeballing the result, and guessing. I actually did alright with the Sigma 50 on my 5Ds. Using LensAlign, I was able to figure out it needed a +10 microadjustment. In reality, it needed +11. But, most of the time I've been further off. So, the Sigma Dock sits in it's box. I guess where it works well is with zooms because of the ability to adjust multiple focal lengths and distances. But it still relies on the Mark I eyeball.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up