Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Darkroom gear for sale (Jobo CPP-2, 2 enlargers, misc. accessories)  (Read 1177 times)

Dan Wells

I'm helping a photographer friend get ready to move, and he's decided to sell his darkroom, since he's working all digitally now (has been for some years, but hasn't gotten around to selling the darkroom). The equipment is located about 15 minutes outside of Burlington, VT, and the enlargers are heavy enough that pickup probably works best (the Jobo can ship, although it might not be cheap - I've shipped one once before, and I seem to remember it's about $100)

The most interesting item is probably a Jobo CPP-2 with lift in good condition (very dusty, but we'll clean it off before sending it out) - it worked when removed from service, and should be working just fine now. I'll test it out next week when I next go up there. This is the most sophisticated of the manual Jobos (except for the new $3000+CPP-3), with the 0.1 degree electronic temperature control and digital readout (same temperature control as the Autolab series, I believe). This is the only Jobo other than the Autolabs that is accurate enough to do E-6 repeatably - it will handle any film or paper process (within the bounds of sanity - probably not Kodachrome!), and is probably the best way of processing black and white or color sheet film (C-41 or E-6), or color/panchromatic papers. I used to do Ilfochrome (AKA Cibachrome) in one of these, and that extremely picky process worked just fine - there are still a couple of 20 year old Ilfochromes hanging in my parents' house, looking just like the day I printed them! I'm not sure why anyone would still print Ilfochrome - inkjet is so much easier - but there are still plenty of reasons to develop film, or to use alternative processes, and the CPP-2 is about the most repeatable way around to do both. With the right tank/drum, it does film or prints up to 20x24 (!!! - I can't think of another way to process sheet film that large, and K.B. Canham actually makes a 20x24 camera!!!) There are a number of Jobo tanks and drums with it (not sure exactly which ones - one item that is unlikely to be there is large-format film reels, because this processor was used for 35mm and prints). The reels, tanks and drums are still readily available (as are most spare parts). $1000 or best offer plus shipping for the Jobo, some bottles and a grab bag of tanks and drums.

2 Omega D2 enlargers - one with Super Chromega colorhead, one with condenser head. Both work. Remember that the colorhead makes a great, highly adjustable variable contrast diffusion head as well. Both have 50mm lenses, one has a Rodenstoclk Rodagon 50mm f2.8, the other has a seemingly older Schneider Componon 50mm f4. I'm guessing there's an 80mm or 105mm lens of some description around, because there's at least one 6x6 negative carrier, which makes no sense with a 50mm lens. Carriers include at least  35mm standard, 35mm with filed edges (prints a black line around the image) and 6x6 cm.These are 4x5 enlargers if equipped with the right lens and carrier (the condenser unit may also need alternative condensers) Both enlargers are on floor-standing cabinets, not conventional baseboards - I originally thought this was a custom job, but then saw a similar setup in an old Omega catalog, and now believe it may be a factory option. Columns can be unbolted from cabinets (heads and columns are shippable, but heavy and expensive, pickup preferred - cabinets are probably pickup only). Best offer - first enlarger sold gets choice of carriers and lens...

Miscellaneous darkroom equipment including a couple of older analog enlarging timers, a classic GraLab 60 minute glow-in-the dark processing timer, a couple of safelights, some trays, etc. If you're buying the Jobo or an enlarger and need a little item, ask and we'll throw it in if it's around - you pay shipping if it makes the package bigger (some small items will probably fit in any box big enough to hold a Jobo!). One item I haven't found is any decent easels (a couple of rusty 11x14 4 blade models, but nothing bigger or in especially good shape).
Pages: [1]   Go Up