Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Up Rez figures for HP printers  (Read 730 times)

brianrybolt

Up Rez figures for HP printers
« on: January 30, 2017, 09:15:22 am »

I have the Jeff Schewe Up Rez figures for printing in LR for the Epson Printers.  Can anyone tell me what they are for a HP Zxxxx series printer?

Thank you in advance.  Brian

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Up Rez figures for HP printers
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 09:39:49 am »

I have the Jeff Schewe Up Rez figures for printing in LR for the Epson Printers.  Can anyone tell me what they are for a HP Zxxxx series printer?

Hi Brian,

HPs are typically 300 and 600 PPI native resolution printers.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Up Rez figures for HP printers
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 10:28:22 am »

Thank you in advance.  Brian

Bart's numbers are correct though an older version of the Z3100 driver could ask for 1200 PPI input at its highest printer resolution settings, Best+Detail+More Strokes. It is reduced to 600 PPI in the latest drivers for the Z3200 and Z3100.  The printer's droplet/dot resolution has been reported as 1200 dpi in all the drivers.

Already mentioned in another thread here; Qimage Ultimate recently got a new feature, Overdrive, that sends 1200 PPI to the HP driver. Mike states that printer drivers know a higher resolution setting that becomes active when the 2x input resolution is dropped on them. This has only sense if adequate image resolution is available and the inkjet paper is capable to show that extra detail.

http://ddisoftware.com/tech/qimage-ultimate/v2017-115-issuescomments/

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
November 2016 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Pages: [1]   Go Up