Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony A7II w/ Short Lenses  (Read 761 times)

JoeKitchen

Sony A7II w/ Short Lenses
« on: January 29, 2017, 11:48:44 pm »

Considering that the current MF 100 MP sensor uses the older A7I sensor design, I assume the next iteration would use the current A7II design with back illuminate pixels. 

This has the potential, at least in theory, of handling lens cast much better. 

Has anyone used a short flange focal length lens, such as the SK 35mm or something similar, with this sensor with extreme shifts?  If so, how does it handle the lens cast? 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: Sony A7II w/ Short Lenses
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 02:05:46 am »

Hi Joe,

The A7II does not have BSI (Back Side Illumination), it is only the A7rII that has it. I have seen some postings about beam angle issues, but the impression was that it was not a great step forward.

Best regards
Erik

Considering that the current MF 100 MP sensor uses the older A7I sensor design, I assume the next iteration would use the current A7II design with back illuminate pixels. 

This has the potential, at least in theory, of handling lens cast much better. 

Has anyone used a short flange focal length lens, such as the SK 35mm or something similar, with this sensor with extreme shifts?  If so, how does it handle the lens cast?
Erik Kaffehr

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
Re: Sony A7II w/ Short Lenses
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 02:43:13 am »

Hi,

As Erik is commenting, A7 II is not a new generation sensor with respect the A7. Both use the same sensor... It was the major critic in all the reviews of the camera... The big improvements between A7 and A7 II was the ibis and the PDAF (new body... ) but the sensor was the same...

Regards

David

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up