Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shealah Craighead  (Read 1529 times)

geesbert

• http://www.randlkofer.com
Shealah Craighead
« on: January 29, 2017, 04:09:07 pm »

What a truely mediocre choice for following into Pete Souza's footsteps.... I guess it is hard to find a talented photographer who supports this president (like musicians weren't really cueing up to play at the inauguration)
-------------------------
[url=http://ww

Otto Phocus

Re: Shealah Craighead
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 11:26:36 am »

She seems experienced for the job. It is a documenting type process.

Besides, who really cares who the white house photographer is?
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 02:12:12 pm »

She seems experienced for the job. It is a documenting type process.

Besides, who really cares who the white house photographer is?

The White House photographer.

;-)

Rob C

Otto Phocus

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 10:31:40 am »

The White House photographer.

;-)

Rob C

That's about the only ones.  Perhaps the President cares.  :)
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

churly

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 11:09:08 am »

It sounds like a tough job to me.  I would certainly be hard pressed to find The Donald's good side.
Chuck
Chuck Hurich

Jim Metzger

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 05:14:59 pm »

You would get good use out of a Colorchecker Passport, getting accurate skin tones is going to be tough.

And if you are wondering who cares, every historian or citizen who wants first hand visual access to situations few are privileged to witness. It is journalism of the most intimate degree.

You may not know the photographers but you would surely know the photographs of Presidents from JFK forward. (JFK was the first President to use a personal photographer) If the photographs rise to the level of "art" (fill in your own definition) so much the better.

In a final letter From President Gerald Ford to David Hume Kennerly , You say 'It's been real.' and from working so closely with you it's not only been real, it's been fun. In addition to being the world's best photographer, you have an uncanny ability to put people at ease, to bring out their best. Thanks largely to you and your determined effort to see people as what they are--people--the Ford White House will not go down in history as 'stuffy.' You photographed history being made, and you helped make it lively as it was happening. Your spirit will prevail in your photographs for years to come and I know that whenever we view them we'll remember the event, and we'll remember the spirit!

After President Obama I think Pete Sousa was the hardest working person in Washington.

Jim

N80

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 06:50:18 pm »

Seems the schedule and expectations would be very demanding. I assume you'd be on call 24/7. I'd also assume you'd have at least some staff? Hope she gets paid well.
George

"What is truth?" Pontius  Pilate
Pages: [1]   Go Up