Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10.0.1 issue, client uses Adobe, no C1Pro and RAW files are dark when viewing.  (Read 2165 times)

tcphoto1

• http://www.tonyclarkphoto.com

I recently upgraded from C1Pro 9 to 10.0.1 and was happy with my test shoot last week. Today, I am on day one of a two day shoot and all went well until I attempted to deliver the images from the first day. The images looked great as we shot tethered from the Canon 1Ds3 to my Mid'15 MBP, making minor adjustments and backing up to an external hard drive. As the client copied them to their MBP, they appeared about a stop or more dark and no adjustments appeared. I did not change any settings that I know of and any help would be appreciated.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One

Have you not answered your own question?

"Client uses Adobe"

How do you then expect them to look the same on the clients system?
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

pfigen

• http://www.peterfigen.com

Tony - as you stated on another forum, you were actually delivering RAW files to your client and their screens were uncalibrated, so there are even more variables. Their lack of calibration plus the inherent difference in luminance between Phase and Adobe displaying the same raw files could easily account for the difference. If you develop out RGB tiffs in C1, they should be very close in display between C1 and Ps, but the raws are a very different story. Don't deliver raw files to clients. Recipe for disaster.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Hi,

Another variable is whether one uses the (default) 'Film standard' curve or a 'Linear response' curve in Capture One, but that was already the case before C1 version 10. The Film curve tends to push apparent exposure by a half to up to a full stop, while the Raw data is still far from clipping. That may cause people to select a less exposed frame from a bracketed series, which will then look relatively dark (because of the relatively under-exposed Raw data) in another application that has no way of knowing how C1 renders the image.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

tcphoto1

• http://www.tonyclarkphoto.com

I addressed most of the above issues with the client as we reviewed the images at the end of day one. The Graphic Designer is adamant above using Adobe products even when I told him about the free 30 day trial, I did not know that I can let them in on my C1 license and may explore that option. It's funny how my displays are very close to theirs when I opened a RAW in Photoshop, so the engines are quite different and a calibration may have very little effect on their displays. They made a statement that their ecosystem is working with output to their liking, I have tried to tell them about C1's place in the Industry but I'm afraid it fell on deaf ears. I will put some thought into using LR with them so I can avoid these issues in the future.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro

Just give them tiffs
Pages: [1]   Go Up