Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: kEYWORD SEARCHES  (Read 3476 times)

Pete

kEYWORD SEARCHES
« on: July 23, 2006, 02:11:37 am »

Like most you PC users out there, I've started to play around with this. I use thumbsplus to catalog my photos--anything from location names to family names.

Now, does LR have a way to do a search using more than one keyword so that the search can be refined and made more selective?

Thumbsplus is also a database-driven application; it would be nice to be able to transfer keywords from there to LR.

Perhaps using the database feature on LR is not so worthwhile (for me at least).

lidde

kEYWORD SEARCHES
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 08:56:37 am »

Yes, you can use more than one keyword when searching. For example looking for a jellyfish shot in Oahu at Corsair I just type in:
Oahu Corsair jellyfish

Pete

kEYWORD SEARCHES
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 08:43:10 pm »

Thanks for the reply, lidde.  I was hoping that this would run closer to thumbsplus, where  the keywords do not need to typed in (again) when searching. In thumbspus, once a keyword is created, you need only to scroll down a list and build a search list using as many as you'd like.

I guess what I don't like so far in LR is that, if you already have photos keyworded but then have to type in the words again for a search, any misspellings would not recognize an earlier keyword.

Am I correct in this understanding of how LR works?
Pages: [1]   Go Up