Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Quick Start Guide needed  (Read 4459 times)

MrIconoclast

Lightroom Quick Start Guide needed
« on: July 22, 2006, 12:23:14 pm »

Greetings.  I fiddled with Lightroom enough to get my Minolta RAW files into it and am ready to experiment with Lightroom.  I am looking for some type of Quick Start Guide that will take me through the basics of light room:  from importing the file,  categorizing it into a shoot or collection, basic image adjustment and printing.  I don't need or want at this time to understand everything every control does.  That will take time.  I just want to get a photo in, make some adjustments (crop, color, sharpen, etc.) and then pring.  

Are there any quick starts guides on the internet I might lookup that are clear and easy to understand?

Raw shooter

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 12:57:23 pm »

[Adobe Labs with 2 great videos

The 1st video is great at getting you familiar.  the 2nd video will knock your socks off!  

All my best

picnic

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 01:23:40 pm »

Michael Tapes has 2 ready for folks moving from RSP to LR (or any Win person really).  He is 'incapacitated' for several days (hospital stay) and then will offer more.  The import video helped get me off to a great start and after that---everything was quite good.  The import/export were the things that stymied me, but once I understood them--works fine.
Here  http://pictureflow.fileburst.com/_Tutorials/Lightroom/Intro/

pvonk

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 09:14:09 pm »

Google "Lightroom ebook", there are two that I know of.  You might also google Lightroom tutorial.

- Pierre
Pages: [1]   Go Up