Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Awagami Shiramine Postcard  (Read 1496 times)

maximilian59

Awagami Shiramine Postcard
« on: January 21, 2017, 09:16:13 am »

Hallo,
has anybuddy expierence with printing on this paper?
Link to Awagami
Which printer was used?
How can it be feeded?

Many thanks
Maximilian

rdonson

Re: Awagami Shiramine Postcard
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 10:47:57 am »

http://www.awagami.com/aijp/print/index.html

Do their own TIPS answer any of your questions?
Regards,
Ron

maximilian59

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 12:55:46 pm »

Thanks for the quick answer. Yes, I know these tips. I hope to find someone who made his own prints and how to print with a Canon pro-1000. This paper is very expensive and every hint is welcome.

maximilian59

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 09:59:41 am »

Last weekend I made two test prints using both sides of the paper. As medium I took "Photopapier Pro Premium Matt (German system)" and print quality High.
For soft proofing I used MOAB Moenkopi Bizan for my Pro-1000. It works really good for this paper, especially because of that heavy warm tone.
Printing was done with the manual feed by fixing the paper on a A4 sheet with 120 g/m2. There have been no problems with the paper feed and no head scratching. Fixing on another sheet seams to be best way to get the print right in place on this paper. Reducing the printable area with a margin of 5 mm is not enough. 10 mm give you enough distance to the deckled edges. Maybe a little bit less is also ok, but I have to print more to see how constant the format is.
Even with my first not so good attempts: It is something very special when you have in hand.

JayWPage

• Jay W Page Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 11:56:46 am »

How did you fix the Awagami to the other paper?
Jay W Page

maximilian59

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 12:25:22 pm »

I cut two slots in the paper and fixed from behind stripes with adhesive on it. I remembered to have some old labels for computer disks which have been removable. It is still very sticky, but you have experiment a little with the tape you have and the slots.
On the picture you can see what i mean. I used this sheet also for Hahnemühle Photo Cards which are much more sensible on the backside. You can see the "overprint" of two mm to have a borderless print with the round corners. Otherwise you have a mess in your printer.
Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up