Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Lenses for the gfx 50s  (Read 35864 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Lenses for the gfx 50s
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2017, 02:38:39 am »

But I have a PC.   :)

:)

It you PC max-ed out?

Cheers,
Bernard

bpepz

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2017, 04:40:23 am »

I did some tests today with my 35mm lenses. Pretty much all of them could easily cover 44x33. The only ones that could not do it was some of the wide angles like the samyang 14mm. What really amazed me is the sigma 85mm 1.8 ART. It was able to cover 6x6 edge to edge with no problem at infinity. So I am really optimistic about adapting it and lenses like it to the GFX. Sigma 35mm 1.4 can also easily cover the GFX too. 

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2017, 04:46:44 am »

I did some tests today with my 35mm lenses. Pretty much all of them could easily cover 44x33. The only ones that could not do it was some of the wide angles like the samyang 14mm. What really amazed me is the sigma 85mm 1.8 ART. It was able to cover 6x6 edge to edge with no problem at infinity. So I am really optimistic about adapting it and lenses like it to the GFX. Sigma 35mm 1.4 can also easily cover the GFX too.

It just demonstrates that the sensor of the GFX isn't that much larger than FX... ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

chrismuc

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2017, 08:54:18 am »

What really amazed me is the sigma 85mm 1.8 ART. It was able to cover 6x6 edge to edge with no problem at infinity. So I am really optimistic about adapting it and lenses like it to the GFX. Sigma 35mm 1.4 can also easily cover the GFX too.

Let's hope an AF-adapter Canon EF - Fuji GF is released soon.

Sigma Art lenses covering 44x33mm will offer fast aperture / shallow DOF that was up to now unknown in MF photography:

Sigma Art 35f1.4 equals 29f1.1 (long axis ratio) resp. 25f1.0 (short axis ratio)
Sigma Art 50f1.4 equals 41f1.1 (long axis ratio) resp. 36f1.0 (short axis ratio)
Sigma Art 85f1.4 equals 70f1.1 (long axis ratio) resp. 62f1.0 (short axis ratio)
Sigma Art 135f1.8 equals 110f1.5 (long axis ratio) resp. 98f1.3 (short axis ratio)

(assumed that the Sigma 135 also would cover 44x33mm)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2017, 09:20:32 am »

Hi,

I am not sure it is PC to have a PC I thought you need to have a Mac to be PC!

Best regards
Erik

But I have a PC.   :)

Jim
Erik Kaffehr

marc aurel

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2017, 10:50:45 am »

Let's hope an AF-adapter Canon EF - Fuji GF is released soon.

I emailed Cambo and asked if their upcoming Actus version for the GFX would allow the use of their Canon lens board with electronic aperture control. They sent me a very detailled answer. I really like Cambos open way to respond to customer questions and discuss possible future products. Here is what they said about the Actus and Canon lenses:

"The Fujifilm G mount has a focal flange distance (FFD) of 26.7mm, the Canon lens has a FFD of 44.0mm, than you will have a distance 17.3mm left, this is not enough space to construct a front and rear frame including a bellows to achieve tilt, swing and shift movements. So unfortunately within the Actus system it in physically impossible to use Canon lenses on the Fujifilm GFX camera.

Therefore we are thinking about designing an fixed adapter between the GFX camera and Canon lenses, this way the Canon TS-E lenses can be used on the GFX and you have still some tilt/swing and shift options for the TS-E lens itself. "

So when Metabones does not plan to do something for Canon lenses with aperture control - it looks like Cambo might do that. For my TS-Es I even prefer a fixed adapter to the Actus solution. If you want that too: send Cambo an E-Mail and request for such a product.

TonyVentourisPhotography

• Unlocking Olympus
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2017, 03:16:32 pm »

That would be interesting...especially if the 24 TSE with a 1.4tc could potentially work and be of any decent quality.  I am very curious as to how solid a performer this camera will be with those lenses.  The 17 is great... the 24 II is better than the first...but still had a long way to go.  Then again a 17mm TS on a 44mm sensor... that is wide... with shifts?  Don't think ive seen that before!
Tony
Unlockingolympus.com (ebooks & blog on getting the most from your OMD & Pen)
tonyventourisphotography.com (Commercial Photography)

rvamos

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2017, 05:47:24 pm »

Anyone know if there is any chance for Leica M lenses to work on the GFX?

siddhaarta

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2017, 06:31:12 pm »

Don' think so: flange distance is nearly the same: GFX 26,7 mm and M 27,8 mm. So, no adapter so thin possible.

Bo_Dez

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2017, 06:54:04 pm »

It's coming.

Bo_Dez

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2017, 06:56:08 pm »

Don' think so: flange distance is nearly the same: GFX 26,7 mm and M 27,8 mm. So, no adapter so thin possible.

The throat is wide enough to recess it in.

siddhaarta

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2017, 07:36:09 pm »

Thanks for the information !!

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2017, 07:53:35 pm »

Would it be possible to use Mamiya7 lenses with an adapter?

These lenses are very high quality.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2017, 07:56:33 pm »

Sigma Art lenses covering 44x33mm will offer fast aperture / shallow DOF that was up to now unknown in MF photography:

You can add the Nikon 105mm f1.4 to that list.

Cheers,
Bernard

siddhaarta

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2017, 09:42:57 pm »

I am curious, how did you test this?

Joe Towner

« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2017, 01:40:58 am »

Someone should bug Redrock Micro to do a version of their LiveLens EF mount for M43 for the GFX - https://shop.redrockmicro.com/product/livelens-mft-active-lens-mount/

It's just electronic aperture control, but would give immediate usability to a number of lenses.
t: @PNWMF

wallpaperviking

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2017, 06:16:30 am »

I am curious, how did you test this?

Would also love to know how this was done and whether the "image circle" you talk about is useable or more just the total image circle that is projected...  There can be quite the difference ;)

I am really interested to know what image circle the GFX lenses project, mainly to see whether Fuji built them with a full frame 645 Sony sensor in mind..

They are reasonable slow after all....

helged

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2017, 04:41:59 pm »

E lenses are likely to work at their mac aperture.

Any possibility to pre-set the aperture of E-lenses?

helged

« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2017, 06:41:21 am »

...yes - by setting any aperture on a Nikon body, and by pressing the preview button and simultaneously removing the lens from the body (similar to the electronic Canon lenses).

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2017, 08:05:17 am »

...yes - by setting any aperture on a Nikon body, and by pressing the preview button and simultaneously removing the lens from the body (similar to the electronic Canon lenses).

That's great in the field...you need to carry along a D810 to set the aperture of your Nikon lenses on a GFX... where the lenses will be manual focus only... ;)

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up