Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lenses for the gfx 50s  (Read 35960 times)

algrove

Re: Lenses for the gfx 50s
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2017, 12:08:07 pm »

Anyone know of an adapter that would allow Phase S-K Blue Ring lenses being used on the GFX? If only MF that is OK for now.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2017, 12:11:45 pm »

That would be nice, to be able to use the SK blue ring or non Blue ring.  Issue will be Aperture control as non of those lenses have manual aperture control.  The much older MF Mamiya would work with the M645 adapter I keep hearing about. 

Firing the aperture would require an electrical connection I believe like with Metabones and Canon/Sony.  I am sure P1 will not work on a solution, so it would take a 3rd part with knowledge of the electrical pinouts I believe.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2017, 03:44:14 pm »

That would be nice, to be able to use the SK blue ring or non Blue ring.  Issue will be Aperture control as non of those lenses have manual aperture control.  The much older MF Mamiya would work with the M645 adapter I keep hearing about. 

Would it make sense to use these heavy and bulky lenses on the Fuji?

Considering that you can pretty much buy the whole Fuji 3 set for the price of a P1 35mm, I would personally invest in Fuji glass. At least that's probably what I will do if I decide to add the GFX to my line up, no intention to use my H lenses on it, although there is a smart adapter with aperture control already available today.

Using the Otus 85mm is much more tempting as that piece of glass is superior to anything available in the MF world IMHO.

Cheers,
Bernard

siddhaarta

« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2017, 04:36:36 pm »

Considering that you can pretty much buy the whole Fuji 3 set for the price of a P1 35mm, I would personally invest in Fuji glass. At least that's probably what I will do if I decide to add the GFX to my line up, no intention to use my H lenses on it, although there is a smart adapter with aperture control already available today.

Using the Otus 85mm is much more tempting as that piece of glass is superior to anything available in the MF world IMHO.

Cheers,
Bernard

Could make sense as a backup body for Phase One users.

Further than that, I also would prefer to trust the Fuji lenses instead of creating some Frankenstein Camera-Lerns combinations.

marc aurel

« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2017, 04:40:47 pm »

Cheers,
Bernard

That depends. If you don't need shift, I would go for the Fuji lenses. Tried the the 63mm f2.8 prime and it is great. I expect the others to be too.
But if you want to use shifts - the SK lenses are designed for the 54x40mm sensor, so that will give you some shift capabilities.

My question is: which of the wider angle full frame 645 lenses can be used? Schneider, Contax, Hasselblad H need electronic aperture controls. They seem to be better than the older mamiya who don't. Does anybody know if the Pentax DFA 25mm f4 (only available in Japan I read) needs electronic aperture control too?

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2017, 05:59:08 pm »

My question is: which of the wider angle full frame 645 lenses can be used? Hasselblad H need electronic aperture controls.

The Fuji adapter for H lenses can control the aperture, H lenses are fully usage except AF.

Cheers,
Bernard

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2017, 06:58:38 pm »

Cheers,
Bernard

Actually, you can buy 2 P1 35mm Blue Rings for the Fuji and 3 lenses,  6800 35mm BL  vs  13K for Full Fuji Kit. 

And, if you own one already, no reason not so want to consider using it on the Fuji,  excellent optical lens.  Can't compare it to H glass, but by best I have used from P1 or Mamiya, and equal to the Rodenstock 32mm. 

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

algrove

« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2017, 11:24:33 pm »

That depends. If you don't need shift, I would go for the Fuji lenses. Tried the the 63mm f2.8 prime and it is great. I expect the others to be too.
But if you want to use shifts - the SK lenses are designed for the 54x40mm sensor, so that will give you some shift capabilities.

My question is: which of the wider angle full frame 645 lenses can be used? Schneider, Contax, Hasselblad H need electronic aperture controls. They seem to be better than the older mamiya who don't. Does anybody know if the Pentax DFA 25mm f4 (only available in Japan I read) needs electronic aperture control too?

For non shift I was under the assumption my S-K BR lenses also worked on the Phase 44x33 50Mp backs without issue. Who cares about the size if a 150mm/3.5 works then that would be a great FL to have NOW plus one can use the 2x on that lens giving a 300mm. Sure Fuji GF lenses would be best, but if it is to be used as a back-up to a Phase IQ3 then one should have an adapter working with Phase S-K lenses in the bag.

I once owned the last 25/4.0 Pentax lens sold in the US after they stopped production a few years back and it needed electronic aperture control. Pentax says the 28-45 replaced that lens, but I can tell you it did not.

I wonder if the Otus image circle will not create vignetting on the 44x33 sensor? Anyone know.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 12:18:43 am by algrove »

Craig Magee

• www.craigmagee.co.uk
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2017, 05:52:02 am »

The P645 SDM lenses have a mechanically controlled aperture. YES you need to select the aperture on the body as there is no ring on the lens. But you can control it on an adapter if it's designed with a control lever. The p645 plate for the Cambo Actus has a lever for this, I've used one, it works fine.

Looking at the Fotodiox adapters their Nikon adapter had a ring for aperture control on the G lenses. As they have announced there will be a P645 adapter, I'd imagine they will do the same thing on that.

marc aurel

« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2017, 09:11:07 am »

The P645 SDM lenses have a mechanically controlled aperture. YES you need to select the aperture on the body as there is no ring on the lens. But you can control it on an adapter if it's designed with a control lever. The p645 plate for the Cambo Actus has a lever for this, I've used one, it works fine.

Looking at the Fotodiox adapters their Nikon adapter had a ring for aperture control on the G lenses. As they have announced there will be a P645 adapter, I'd imagine they will do the same thing on that.

Hi Craig,
this is great news. Thank you for that information.
Marc

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2017, 10:40:03 am »

Yes, the Combo P645 lens plate can control the aperture on a Pentax 645 lens, but sadly the M645 is for lenses with manual aperture  only.  Good news for the folks with Pentax glass as it's very good if not excellent optically.

I might have to run up a question to combo on the M645 adapter to see if they can make one that does control aperture.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Craig Magee

• www.craigmagee.co.uk
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2017, 01:06:18 pm »

Do the Blue Ring lenses use electronic aperture control Paul?
Not up on how these sorts of lenses are controlled, I imagine it's not to hard for the experts. Cambos canon mount took a while to come out mostly due to them figuring out how to package it  Just a matter of whether there is enough interest to make an electronic adapter. Cambo have got a form factor for the control unit now, so just need the interest, to change the mount and what the micro processor does I guess.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2017, 03:05:05 pm »

Hi Craig.

Yes both the Blue Ring Schneider LS and all the Mamiya AF lenses, don't have the aperature ring. Only the older Mamiya MF lenses have the ring. Hope Cambo can make it work.

Paul Caldwell
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 08:22:45 am by Paul2660 »
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2017, 01:54:51 am »

Yes both the Blue Ring Schneider LS and all the Mamiya AF lenses, non have the aperature ring. Only the older Mamiya MF lenses have the ring. Hope Cambo can make it work.

If am not mistaken the lack of aperture ring doesn't mean necessarily an electronic aperture control.

I had the impression in my Mamiya ZD days that the aperture control was mechanical like on the Nikon G lenses that lack an aperture ring also.

Cheers,
Bernard

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2017, 08:22:14 am »

Bernard, you are correct, I also believe the Schneiders are non electronic.  I guess the only true electronic are  like the Nikkor PC-E lens and maybe the Canon TS-E lenses.   Hopefully an adapter can be made like the Fotodiox adapter for the Nikkor G lenses.  That adapter does have the ability to set the aperture with a ring. 

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

cyron123

« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2017, 10:24:05 am »

Hello there are 3 types of nikon lenses:

1) older lenses with aperature ring on the "barrel"

2) newer G lenses with mechanical aperature control -> pic1 -> small Lever -> This could used with adapters like Novoflex

3) newest Nikon lenses with elektronical aperature control e.g. 24-70mmVR (like the newer canon lenses) ->pic2 -> No available solution with adapters now

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2017, 10:49:51 am »

Hello there are 3 types of nikon lenses:

1) older lenses with aperature ring on the "barrel"

2) newer G lenses with mechanical aperature control -> pic1 -> small Lever -> This could used with adapters like Novoflex

3) newest Nikon lenses with elektronical aperature control e.g. 24-70mmVR (like the newer canon lenses) ->pic2 -> No available solution with adapters now

thanks for the clarification and the pics.  I haven't purchased a Nikkor in a while so I missed out on option 3.  All of mine are the G style, so hopefully the adapter will work on them. 

Can't tell what the Schneiders are, they do have pinouts inside the flange.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

cyron123

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2017, 10:59:10 am »

Hi Paul,
here is a picture of the Schneider 55mm LS. It has only electronic contacts. No mechanical. The only mechanical "thing" is the focus "screw" on every phase lens (hidden under the arrow - OK not a good picture..  :-) )

This means not a good way for adapters "Phase to Fuji" :-(
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up