Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Lenses for the gfx 50s  (Read 35988 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Lenses for the gfx 50s
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 08:18:14 am »

The 85 1.4 Otus on this thing has sure got me wondering. This Fuji is getting more and more interesting.

I was considering selling mine considering how good the Nikon 105mm f1.4 is... but I'll probably keep it.

Also, the 28mm f1.4 may not be covering the full sensor of the Fuji wide open, but I am sure that it would stopped down, and that lens is so incredibly superior to other wides on the market that it could be something very special too.

Cheers,
Bernard

Bo_Dez

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 08:41:52 am »

I was considering selling mine considering how good the Nikon 105mm f1.4 is... but I'll probably keep it.

Also, the 28mm f1.4 may not be covering the full sensor of the Fuji wide open, but I am sure that it would stopped down, and that lens is so incredibly superior to other wides on the market that it could be something very special too.

Cheers,
Bernard

I agree, and even wide open with a bit of a crop from 28 to 35 it will still be wide and awesome.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:45:43 am by Bo_Dez »

Bo_Dez

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 09:14:40 am »

Cheers,
Bernard

Bt at the same time i am holding off to see how the D810 successor looks too. The 810 and successors seems the safest and most logical camera to invest in these days in terms of future proofing etc.

Bo_Dez

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 10:16:20 am »

Aren't these bazookas contrary to the essence of the little Fuji?

Not if you think of it as simply as big as it needs to be.

vjbelle

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 02:41:08 pm »

Bt at the same time i am holding off to see how the D810 successor looks too. The 810 and successors seems the safest and most logical camera to invest in these days in terms of future proofing etc.

Also interested in the 810 successor and also the A7Rll successor.  I have the MF end completely covered and own a couple of really nice lenses in 135 format including an Otis.  If I were to entertain one of the new MF mirrorless offerings it would be the GFX because of its flexibility. 

Victor

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2017, 04:59:58 pm »

Aren't these bazookas contrary to the essence of the little Fuji?

The fuji has basically the same size as a D810. I would cancel my order in seconds were the D850 to be EVF based, but the odds are high that it will simply be the last OVF based DSLR, which would be pretty amazing already considering how great all the recent Nikkor lenses have been (starting with the new 70-200 f2.8 that can be best described as an Otus tele-zoom with best in class look, AF, VR and military grade build).

So we'll see. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

algrove

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2017, 10:58:38 pm »

Lenses marked with LM should perform just fine as I believe that means linear motor. To me that makes the 63 and 45 lenses the least desirable at this point.

chrismuc

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2017, 10:22:29 am »

Assuming we will get a Canon EF - Fuji G adapter, 135mm lenses with sufficient image circle would be suitable for the Fuji GFX.
I tested quite a few 135mm lenses on my FPS IQ180. I cropped the test pics of the lenses with sufficient image circle to 44x33mm format to show some of the future options with that cool 44x33mm cam.

Canon EF 11-24f4
pics at f11
slight vignetting due to the sun shade
I assume no vignetting w/o sun shade

I don't have proper test pics to show corner sharpness but I think it's usable because others use that lens already w/ shift on the Sony A7Rii w/ 36x24mm sensor.

chrismuc

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2017, 10:33:09 am »

Leica R 28f2.8 @ f8
nearly but not fully covers 44x33mm

Leica R 28f2.8 PC @ f11
easily covers 44x33mm with good corner sharpness (but strong distortion)

Leica R 60f2.8 Macro
an unpredicted option
good corner sharpness, just slight vignetting that possibly is gone at short distance/macro

chrismuc

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2017, 10:36:39 am »

Leica R 180f2.8 Apo @ f5.6
Leica R 180f3.4 Apo @ f5.6

both lenses cover 54x40mm, so 44x33mm is a piece of cake for them;-)

especially the legendary f3.4 version would be a reasonable priced tele option with excellent IQ for the Fuji

chrismuc

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2017, 10:40:03 am »

Sigma 35f1.4 Art @f1.4 and @ f11
Sigma 35f1.4 Art @f1.4 and @ f11

both cover 44x33mm
at f1.4, the corners are a bit smeared and the 35 shows slight vignetting
closed down corner sharpness is astonishing good and no vignetting

chrismuc

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2017, 10:46:46 am »

Zeiss CY 135f2
Zeiss ZE 135f2 Apo

both cover well 44x33
the image circle of the older CY version is larger
the sharpness of the newer ZE/Milvus version is exceptional at any aperture

Zeiss CY 35f2.8 PC

being designed as a shift lens for 135 format, this lens of course covers 44x33mm with excellent sharpness all over the frame
the test pic is a 135 pano cropped to 48x24mm which equals the image circle of 44x33mm (= 55mm)

Telecaster

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2017, 05:00:58 pm »

Having done adapted lenses with my m43 & Sony A7x cameras, I plan to take a pass with the Fuji. Except maybe for the Pentax 645 120/4 macro should the appropriate adapter appear. As small & portable as possible is what I'm aiming for.

-Dave-

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2017, 07:03:40 pm »

Leica R 180f2.8 Apo @ f5.6

This is very interesting since this lens, that I own in F mount, is IMHO the best 180mm ever by a significant margin.

I have canceled my GFX 50s order for now, but I'll consider again when F mount adapters start to appear.

Cheers,
Bernard

Maverick02

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2017, 10:14:05 pm »

I have canceled my GFX 50s order for now, but I'll consider again when F mount adapters start to appear.

Really, why may I ask? Is it to see what the new Nikon, if it shows up, can produce? Since I make a semi-living thru my landscape photography and would like to move from my old 1 DS Mark III, to a camera where I do not need to use my pano gear to get the size of files I require, would be interested in hearing your reasoning. :)

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2017, 10:22:32 pm »

Really, why may I ask? Is it to see what the new Nikon, if it shows up, can produce? Since I make a semi-living thru my landscape photography and would like to move from my old 1 DS Mark III, to a camera where I do not need to use my pano gear to get the size of files I require, would be interested in hearing your reasoning. :)

The reason has little to do with the Fuji in fact. I am the new owner of both a Sigma SD H and H6D-100c with matching lenses and I have decided to deep dive in them for now.

I am very happy about my first results with the Hasselblad, amazing viewfinder, accurate AF, great UI, usable handheld with very sharp results.

I'll most probably get the D810 replacement to continue to serve my full range of F mount lenses.

The Fuji may come at a later stage, we'll see. I am totally convinced it is an amazing camera system.

Cheers,
Bernard

marc aurel

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2017, 05:49:28 am »

For the ones who wait for a Canon - GFX adapter:

1. A week ago I emailed Metabones and asked if they were planning to release a Canon - GFX adapter. Their answer:

"Thank you for your enquiry and interesting in our products.
Sorry to inform you that we do not have plan to release the adapter for Canon EF to Fuji GFX camera at this moment.
I am worry that the room of coverage of the Canon TS-E lenses can be reached the whole frame size of medium format.
We do not attempt to insert the lenses for enlarging the image due to the image quality is the most concern topic of our products.
Even if the coverage of TS-E is enough, we are not sure to demand for such product on the market can be covered our development cost, etc.
Anyway, we will have further study for the possibility to release the product against the GFX camera."

Their assumption about the image circle of the TS-Es is not correct. And there are lots of other full frame lenses who cover the sensor. So the people who wish for such an adapter should write to metabones too. Maybe if they know that there is demand, they rethink the decision.

2. Another company who could make a helpful product is cambo.
Cambo now announced a Canon lens panel for the WRS Series: https://blog.cambo.com/2017/02/10/cambo-wre-ca-lens-adaptor/
Works with the electronic shutter of the IQ 3100 only (because of the lack of a shutter). Clever design. Allows you to see aperture values from the right side (as opposed to the version for the Actus). The form of the panel avoids interfering with the camera.
If they just put a Fuji GFX mount on on side of their panel then we would have the first kind-of Canon-GFX adapter. Cambo seems to be the most innovative and fastest company in this segment.

Marc

siddhaarta

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2017, 04:56:43 pm »

Seems some of our wishes regarding adapters will be fulfilled sooner as expected  8) Apparently these are dump adapters, but for the Otus Nikon mount lenses it should work fine.

Fotodiox

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2017, 06:06:05 pm »

Seems some of our wishes regarding adapters will be fulfilled sooner as expected  8) Apparently these are dump adapters, but for the Otus Nikon mount lenses it should work fine.

Fotodiox

Interesting, thanks for the link!

Cheers,
Bernard

Chris L

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2017, 03:31:19 pm »

Ok I see a few mentions regarding Leica R lenses above, and now I also see a mention of an EF lens to Fuji GFX adaptor from Fotodiox above as well, am I safe to say that my set of Leica R lens that have been converted to EF mount will most likely work on the Fuji GFX with possibilities of needing to crop in on some of the lenses to remove vignetting?

I have a set that has been cine modded and Leitax adaptor converted to EF mount:

Leica R 19mm Version 2
Leica R 35mm F2
Leica R 50mm F2
Leica R 90mm F2.8
Leica R 135mm F2.8

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up