Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get rid of hand icon—help, please!  (Read 1475 times)

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
Can't get rid of hand icon—help, please!
« on: January 19, 2017, 05:20:01 am »

I'm having another look at C1. I'm using v10.1 and am trying to modify a mask I created earlier on an adjustment layer. Even though I have the paintbrush icon selected in the Local adjustments panel (and also in the top tools menu), the hand icon remains on screen and will not allow me to draw or paint.

I cannot set the size of the brush using but I can zoom in and out of the image.

I'm editing a P1 180 IIQ file.

Any suggestions?
Roger

Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Can't get rid of hand icon—help, please!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 07:36:30 am »

I'm having another look at C1. I'm using v10.1 and am trying to modify a mask I created earlier on an adjustment layer. Even though I have the paintbrush icon selected in the Local adjustments panel (and also in the top tools menu), the hand icon remains on screen and will not allow me to draw or paint.

I cannot set the size of the brush using but I can zoom in and out of the image.

I'm editing a P1 180 IIQ file.

Any suggestions?

Hi Roger,

FWIW, I have no difficulties with editing earlier masks, on the Windows version (with another Raw format).
Hope the issue gets resolved for your setup.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
Re: Can't get rid of hand icon—help, please!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 12:44:06 pm »

Thank you, Bart. After more clicking around, I can now use the mask tools.

Specifically, I turned on the exposure warnings, played with exposure settings and set the HDR settings to recover max highlight detail. When I went back to the adjustment layer, I was able to bring up the paint/erase choices and the brush icon appeared.

I have no idea what happened or how what I did resolved the problem. I have noticed that I have to have several goes to bring up the brush paint/erase choices whether from the local adjustments panel or from the top tools menu. mouse battery level is 48%. So, that should not be a problem?
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand
Pages: [1]   Go Up