Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad v system with p1 iq140 back  (Read 887 times)

shootingalot

• Team up or no success
Hasselblad v system with p1 iq140 back
« on: January 18, 2017, 08:39:35 pm »

Hi LuLa members!

Would like to have some information on v system and iq backs.
If you had a chance to use this setup, please tell me about your
Experience with the setup. I owned iq140, 160, 250 but the look
Of the 140 I liked the most. I am a long time c/m user but never
With a digital back. Please share your experience and opinions.

Thanks
Tibor

jng

Re: Hasselblad v system with p1 iq140 back
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 12:14:49 am »

I use an IQ160 on my 501CM and Flexbody. High resolution MF digital backs are less than forgiving, so on these old V system bodies there's not much room for error, both in terms of the camera body and mirror being properly aligned, and the photographer's technique. Lenses also need to be chosen carefully. All of the old Zeiss glass is excellent but not all can meet the demands of sensors with 6 micron (and smaller) pixels. In my experience, the 40 IF, 100, 120 (for macro work), 180 and 250 SA render beautifully on my 60 Mp back. When I get everything right - focus, light, solid on the tripod etc. - the results are great. But it doesn't always come so easily.

John

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: Hasselblad v system with p1 iq140 back
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 02:34:58 am »

Hi,

I would agree with John on the lenses. If you can use magnified live view for focusing that would eliminate most of the alignment issues.

I have or had the 100, 120, 150 and 180. The 120/4 is good for macro. The Distagon 40/4 IF is said to be outstanding, but I don't have it.

The other Distagons are not so great in my view, I had all of them. But they can still make great pictures.

Best regards
Erik

I use an IQ160 on my 501CM and Flexbody. High resolution MF digital backs are less than forgiving, so on these old V system bodies there's not much room for error, both in terms of the camera body and mirror being properly aligned, and the photographer's technique. Lenses also need to be chosen carefully. All of the old Zeiss glass is excellent but not all can meet the demands of sensors with 6 micron (and smaller) pixels. In my experience, the 40 IF, 100, 120 (for macro work), 180 and 250 SA render beautifully on my 60 Mp back. When I get everything right - focus, light, solid on the tripod etc. - the results are great. But it doesn't always come so easily.

John
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up