Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLD: Rodenstock 23mm f/5.6 HR Digaron-S Lens plus Arca R  (Read 3030 times)

KevinGSaunders

• KGS Studios
SOLD: Rodenstock 23mm f/5.6 HR Digaron-S Lens plus Arca R
« on: January 17, 2017, 03:24:01 pm »

I have the Rodenstock 23mm f/5.6 HR Digaron-S Lens plus the Rodenstock center filter that goes with it, including the box and LCC board.

It is mounted on an Arca Swiss R mount so it is ready to go. Included is the lens barrel, the magnetic shutter release and the viewer mask plus the focus numbers on a nice little laminated card Rod Klukas gave me. I have not used this lens in years and my studio is going a different direction.

I will photograph it but it is in excellent shape and has not been sitting mounted on the camera for lengths of time, as it has lived in a plastic bag so the copal shutter has not been stressed by the weight of the front element.

New, the lens is $8,800 and the center filter $600 is not even made anymore, and I don't know exactly what the R mount costs, but am wishing to find what the realistic market price is and believe the lens is worth that price.

This is a fabulous lens and if you need something this wide it is hard to beat. I bought it from Rod Klukas in 2013. I am sure he remembers it and I have used it less than ten times since. Lens caps plus the center filter box included. No lens box.

If you are interested I will make sure you know all you need to know. PM or email me at kevin@kgsstudios.com

Here is a report from David Villareal of Havel Camera after he inspected it:

Mr. Saunders, The evaluation of your lens was very good. We checked the shutter speeds, which were good. We checked the diaphragm and the linkage. The only thing we notice there was the knob missing the diaphragm selector ring. Flash contacts are good. All the elements look good, no scratches or coating damage. Overall the lens is very clean, appears to have been used very little. We would grade it LIKE NEW or EXCELLENT PLUS.
Thank you, David Villarreal

David Villarreal
havelcamera@sbcglobal.net
1102 Basse Road
San Antonio, Texas.  78212
Phone: (210) 735-7412
Fax: (210) 734-2715

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 10:22:03 am by KevinGSaunders »
Kevin G Saunders
KGS Studios

KevinGSaunders

• KGS Studios

I added a report from Havel Camera on this lens. Here are also some more camera phone shots. I don't apologize for that because if you want this lens you know what it is. Additionally, I removed the aperture knob because it was challenging to avoid it while cocking the shutter, but I replaced it to sell. :)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/637020-USA/Rodenstock_150120_23mm_f_5_6_HR_Digaron_S.html

BTW my gut feeling is, the lens is worth the B&H price with the center filter and R mount included.

Let's chat.
Kevin G Saunders
KGS Studios

KevinGSaunders

• KGS Studios

I wonder how many people in the world could actually use this lens. It is fabulous for what it does, yet I will never use it again since I am moving to portraiture, so if you do have a real interest, let's talk. It is a lot less than a new one and view camera lenses fair pretty well wrapped up in a plastic bag sitting on a shelf! :) I am pretty sure we can find the intersection of your value proposition and mine.
Kevin G Saunders
KGS Studios

stonebird

• Travel and Wild Photographer

Price?
Alpa MAX • WA • STC • TC | Arca RM3DI | HR23 HR32 HR50 | SK120AA SK210 | IQ250 • P45+ | Travel and Wild Photographer

KevinGSaunders

• KGS Studios

Asking $8,000 shipped to US destination. If you have a better offer, PM me! I simply want to find a fair market value that is good for us both. This is less than the B&H price for the lens alone and you get the centerfilter and R mount for free.

Some things to consider for partial trade to reduce cost:

Arca Swiss sliding back with ground glass 6 x 9.
Sony A7rII body
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 08:07:57 am by KevinGSaunders »
Kevin G Saunders
KGS Studios

KevinGSaunders

• KGS Studios

Looking forward to hearing from you to discuss this lens.
Kevin G Saunders
KGS Studios

KevinGSaunders

• KGS Studios

Price Reduced to $7,000 OBO, paypal ok, shipped to US destination.
Kevin G Saunders
KGS Studios

KevinGSaunders

• KGS Studios
Kevin G Saunders
KGS Studios

KevinGSaunders

• KGS Studios

Priced reduced to $6,000.
Kevin G Saunders
KGS Studios
Pages: [1]   Go Up